PNG vs Vidor

NDN07

Vidors teams are very competitve and deserve a lot of respect they did beat us in the Tourny but dont let that fool you! I was injured in a previous game that very day and wasnt able to run the way that my team expected. That is part of the reason that you won so many of the balls in the air! The other part being that you have a good defensive line, but dont worry im still injured and im coming at you harder than ever! good luck!

if i can stay awake the whole jv game i am sure i will see some great shots on goal up front for png.. cuz this striker guy is pretty proud... lets see it buddy.....  and i will be the first one on here tonight to sing your praises...give it a good wack for us all..

Tonight I went to watch a soccer game and a kickball match broke out.  Ashame to see two teams that can play soccer get caught up for five and ten minute periods of kick kick kick..  Then png would put together some passes and then vidor then bang bang bang.  Hand ball at the end of the game by pngs sweeper not once but twice in the same play.. not only did the original shot hit him in the hands but he fell on top of the ball and covered it with his hand.  That didnt stop the team that deserved it from winning the game as png had a shot hit the post and a couple of others that could have been put away.  Vidor had very few opportunities but did start out controlling the first several minutes and after that it was a dead heat .  A entertaining game but nothing special.  Vidor where did your team go that I had grown so fond of.

PORT NECHES -- Stephen Zimmerman finally decided to take matters onto his own shoes and Don Sandell seemed glad that he did late Tuesday night.

The Port Neches-Groves junior stopper with primary responsibility of playing great defense, Zimmerman found his Indians deadlocked in a scoreless game midway into the second half when he delivered a game-winning through ball into the net.

Zimmerman's goal lifted the Indians over Vidor, 1-0, at The Reservation on a very windy night when PN-G (7-3-2 and 6-2) had to feel snakebit and windblown.

First-year head coach Don Sandell's Tribe kept finding no luck at all as at least four Indians shots caromed off Vidor's goalpost.

Zimmerman began a special length-of-the-field run with about 18 minutes left in the game. He combined with teammate Sean LeBlanc on a give-and-go opportunity. LeBlanc positioned a well-placed pass back to Zimmerman. And then, well let's allow Sandell to describe Zimmerman's game-winning shot.

"Stephen calmly placed a through ball into the goal," the PN-G coach said. "It was picture-perfect."

Sandell had other reasons to be happy. For one thing, the Indians' defense limited Vidor (6-5-1 and 4-4) to six shots during the entire game.

"Holding a team as good as Vidor to only six shots was important and Baque had a great game," Sandell said. "We received some great performances, too, from our sweeper Eric Parks and our center midfielder Kris Hayes."

Baque delivered his season's fifth shutout, producing three huge first-half saves while the Pirates had the benefit of a 15-to-20 mile-an-hour north wind.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu