Kountze

The carousel of highschool kids wanting or not wanting to play the game when already committed to a university. Interesting.

I had heard from a Kountze coach during the middle of district (football season) that Grayland was not "hooping it up" but I told him then he's crazy.

Grayland likes basketball more than football. Joubert would just coach basketball year around if they would let him, in which I did hear he was going back to full time basketball. How or why they would allow an AD (head football coach) to even be on the basketball court just blows my mind.

But, we are talking about Kountze here. Basketball is all they got. 1 football playoff appearance in 40 plus years.

2 playoff appearances in 41 years...hey man when they are that scarce one would like get credit for what they can...LOL...gonna give my prediction on AD/Coaching...Joubert keeps AD and a Head football Coach is hired and Joubert hands off the Basketball job after this year leaving him as AD only. I have no source and have run no swab on this topic, just MY OPINION and I could be 100% wrong (this statement does not represent anyone's position or political view and is not the position of any organization or district entity and strictly represents the views of the author...) sorry guys had to throw that out so I don't get harpooned or receive a party foul!

2 playoff appearances in 41 years...hey man when they are that scarce one would like get credit for what they can...LOL...gonna give my prediction on AD/Coaching...Joubert keeps AD and a Head football Coach is hired and Joubert hands off the Basketball job after this year leaving him as AD only. I have no source and have run no swab on this topic, just MY OPINION and I could be 100% wrong (this statement does not represent anyone's position or political view and is not the position of any organization or district entity and strictly represents the views of the author...) sorry guys had to throw that out so I don't get harpooned or receive a party foul!

Sorry, but Kountze ISD is not big enough or rich enough to have a separate AD, separate head football and a separate head basketball coach. That ain't happening.

Sorry, but Kountze ISD is not big enough or rich enough to have a separate AD, separate head football and a separate head basketball coach. That ain't happening.

I here what you are saying, but you are talking about a school district that has given the AD position to an Athletic Trainer while having a separate Head Football Coach and a Basketball Coach and Kountze has also paid for an Asst. AD under Lance Dale and Tracy Franklin...that Asst. was Joubert...once again just sayin...JMO...you are most likely correct Mike but don't be surprised.

I here what you are saying, but you are talking about a school district that has given the AD position to an Athletic Trainer while having a separate Head Football Coach and a Basketball Coach and Kountze has also paid for an Asst. AD under Lance Dale and Tracy Franklin...that Asst. was Joubert...once again just sayin...JMO...you are most likely correct Mike but don't be surprised.

Having Asst. AD's is common place, even at 3A schools. Having an AD, a head football and head basketball coach at a 3A school like Kountze (I say "like" based on their own money troubles) is very rare and not good business, IMO. No way you can get your monies worth having 3 different people in those positions at a school and community the size of Kountze.

Having Asst. AD's is common place, even at 3A schools. Having an AD, a head football and head basketball coach at a 3A school like Kountze (I say "like" based on their own money troubles) is very rare and not good business, IMO. No way you can get your monies worth having 3 different people in those positions at a school and community the size of Kountze.

I agree just seems like Kountze is great at trying to be different! Lol...not many school districts can say they had an athletic trainer as the AD...but like I said you are probably right. I just hope for the sake of the kids in Kountze that the folks with the control make good decisions. 

Edited by IT'S IN THE BONE

To piggyback off this it is even harder and makes even less sense to have a different of every thing if the basketball coach will only have minimal if any basketball only players. 

Anyone that thinks Coach Joubert would give up basketball and keep football is crazy.  I would think he is an individual that likes winning too much.  I would bet he keeps AD title and Head Basketball along with it...and gives up football.  I'm sure either that...or leave.  No way he keeps football instead of basketball...at Kountze...even without the Arnold kid I'm sure the basketball team will still be just fine.

Winning is a point.  As far as Joubert,  I have been told numerous times that even though he has been coaching basketball that he is a football gut.  Another thing is most of the time when you have an AD who is also a Coach it goes along with the Head football coaching job.  

He is a football guy..in terms of I believe he was an amazing high school and collegiate football player.  But..how many years at Kountze did he coach and NOT help out with football.  I'm sure if he wanted to he would've been allowed to at least assist.  And..this is Kountze.  They do not necessarily need the AD to be tied to football.  History tells us that.  I would bet, if he chose, he could probably keep the AD title and hire someone to be Head Football.  You may not think they would get a good coach without being AD...but there would still be plenty of applicants.  Lots of big school assistants want that Head FB on their resume.

I don't claim to know anything about the Kountze coaching situation this year or in the future. Kountze usually has very strong underclass programs and last year that was not the case. They also have Travis Williams teaching there this year and I have to believe he will be on a bench somewhere in SETX next year. Duane has done a great job at Kountze and probably would be on the top of most basketball list.. That's a long way of saying I have no idea what will happen next year at Kountze :)

Just saw this tweet:

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please

No more basketball , Straight Track and Football ! Making sure when I go to college it's straight Clamps on all WR

Yep. Grayland Arnold has walked away from Kountze basketball and will instead focus on preparing for football. If your heart's not in it then you have to do what's best. Better to do it now than mid-season. The Grayland Arnold era will end a year earlier than expected.