Kountze

That would be a huge blow to the Lions however if it is related to his scholarship to Baylor you can't blame him. Those scholarships were worth a fortune before the football team became relevant now they are even more valuable.

According to some Kountze folks, it's the reason why he is not playing much on the football field currently.  ;)

Cant play scared, ok save him for Baylor, what if he gets hurt 1st practice at Baylor and not able to play again and they take him off scholarship to provide it for an incoming replacement?  What then?  This is Baylor we're talking about here, not the most trustworthy coaching staff per prior issues recently. ;)

Cant play scared, ok save him for Baylor, what if he gets hurt 1st practice at Baylor and not able to play again and they take him off scholarship to provide it for an incoming replacement?  What then?  This is Baylor we're talking about here, not the most trustworthy coaching staff per prior issues recently. ;)

Buddy, please elaborate.   If you are talking about the Boise State issue, you will find you are completely incorrect in making your conclusion.  There are few coaches in the country who, as a person, are equal to Art Briles.

Buddy, please elaborate.   If you are talking about the Boise State issue, you will find you are completely incorrect in making your conclusion.  There are few coaches in the country who, as a person, are equal to Art Briles.

nah im very correct and there has been more issues than just that one. Heck I believe there is a thread started just for it in the college forum. Check it out if you want to. 

I don't.

I wasn't talking about playing hurt. I had heard he may graduate early and enroll at Baylor. If that's the case I certainly understand getting on campus and started in the program in Waco. Just from watching the young man play I don't think for a second he is worried about getting injured playing basketball.

I wasn't talking about playing hurt. I had heard he may graduate early and enroll at Baylor. If that's the case I certainly understand getting on campus and started in the program in Waco. Just from watching the young man play I don't think for a second he is worried about getting injured playing basketball.

If the plan is to early enroll at Baylor, then by all means do not play basketball. No sense in starting a sport and have no intentions of finishing it, particularly not playing when it really counts.

My post was about people stating he is keeping himself out of football games of late to not jeopardize anything. That is not being a football player and surely not a team player, if this is the case.

A few of the folks that have told me these things I trust they know what they are talking about.

Just has a bad look and vibe.

Edited by AggiesAreWe

• 2 weeks later...

He also posted a day or two ago wishing good luck to a Silsbee player and that he will see them in San Antonio. I'm willing to bet he plays. He isn't enrolling early at Baylor. 

There's a huge possibility for both Silsbee and Kountze to represent at the State Tournament this year. I don't think that's ever happened. 

Who is Our Biggest Competition in the Region ? 

I would start with #25 East Chambers and #17 Palestine Westwood. Westwood returns their 6'5" post Travion Hicks and Sutherland will have EC geared up and ready to go by the time district play rolls around. #18 White Oak should be in the running also. I think it will come down to Kountze and East Chambers in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

The carousel of highschool kids wanting or not wanting to play the game when already committed to a university. Interesting.

I had heard from a Kountze coach during the middle of district (football season) that Grayland was not "hooping it up" but I told him then he's crazy.

Grayland likes basketball more than football. Joubert would just coach basketball year around if they would let him, in which I did hear he was going back to full time basketball. How or why they would allow an AD (head football coach) to even be on the basketball court just blows my mind.

But, we are talking about Kountze here. Basketball is all they got. 1 football playoff appearance in 40 plus years.