Kountze

Hate to here that for the sake of Kountze Basketball...although being in such a weak district with maybe exception to EC...Kountze will still be a playoff team but winning district could be a much tougher challenge. Yes some will go far to the left and be like the Waterboy movie and say "on no we suck again" but let's be real Kountze will hold its own in most cases but they will have zero depth and no room for injury or grade issues...now for my black sheep thoughts...if Arnold is not playing how does that affect the other players? Do more hang up the high tops or do they embrace it and take it as their time to shine? Time will tell the tale.

Hate to here that for the sake of Kountze Basketball...although being in such a weak district with maybe exception to EC...Kountze will still be a playoff team but winning district could be a much tougher challenge. Yes some will go far to the left and be like the Waterboy movie and say "on no we suck again" but let's be real Kountze will hold its own in most cases but they will have zero depth and no room for injury or grade issues...now for my black sheep thoughts...if Arnold is not playing how does that affect the other players? Do more hang up the high tops or do they embrace it and take it as their time to shine? Time will tell the tale.

It's going to hurt early on but you'll now get to the see the younger players step up. I'm talking moreso about McMahon and Edwards who are both Sophomores. I don't think any others players stop playing as Arnold is making this decision to focus on prepping for College. You really can't blame him and I'm glad he made the decision now instead of later.

I'm fine as long as they're ready for the playoffs, which is what counts the most. With the exception of Palestine Westwood and East Chambers I did not see any other contenders in Region 3 this year for Kountze. Or course there are some sleeper teams out there.

Edited by KHSAlum400

Plus let's remember that this isn't the first time Arnold has changed his mind...

Well if he's going to be wishy washy about it then they're probably better off without him.  I don't care how talented a player may be.

Might be better off without him anyway.  It's obvious he isn't going into it dedicated to begin with.  Let someone else have a chance to get better.  Maybe a kid they'll depend on in the future will get some much needed game experience .

He is a football guy..in terms of I believe he was an amazing high school and collegiate football player.  But..how many years at Kountze did he coach and NOT help out with football.  I'm sure if he wanted to he would've been allowed to at least assist.  And..this is Kountze.  They do not necessarily need the AD to be tied to football.  History tells us that.  I would bet, if he chose, he could probably keep the AD title and hire someone to be Head Football.  You may not think they would get a good coach without being AD...but there would still be plenty of applicants.  Lots of big school assistants want that Head FB on their resume.

Well if he's going to be wishy washy about it then they're probably better off without him.  I don't care how talented a player may be.

Might be better off without him anyway.  It's obvious he isn't going into it dedicated to begin with.  Let someone else have a chance to get better.  Maybe a kid they'll depend on in the future will get some much needed game experience .

You have to respect his wishes and concerns. He has to ready to compete at a higher level and against greater odds. He made his mark in high school. If he feels the extra time to prepare, we all should honor those wishes. And now you get another kid to get produce from Kountze, who may not have had the opportunity.

You have to respect his wishes and concerns. He has to ready to compete at a higher level and against greater odds. He made his mark in high school. If he feels the extra time to prepare, we all should honor those wishes. And now you get another kid to get produce from Kountze, who may not have had the opportunity.

I 100% respect the kid's wishes.  He wants to drop basketball and get ready for his career in college football...go for it.  I was just speaking in regard to an earlier post that said he's changed his mind once before.  Giving me the implication it may happen again.  I'm just saying Kountze basketball doesn't need that.  Play...or don't play.  But don't go back and forth.  Those Kountze kids need to know they DONT NEED any one player to have a good year.  Would it help? Sure.  But just move on and make up for the absence somewhere else.

I will add that personally I don't believe that playing would've hurt anything.  I doubt he would miss any "prep time" by playing basketball instead of focusing on football.  Maybe get a little more time in the weight room...but going to miss a lot of running.  Whether court or grass...sprints are sprints.  No way he runs as much on his own that he would playing basketball especially in Kountze.

But hey...to each their own. 

Just FYI...Grayland did place 2nd at state in the 100...I think that's right? Lol anyway I know he said he wanted that top spot and training for that will certainly help him in football. As I understand track will be his focus now along with the weight room...wish the kid the best, but just don't put your team on a YOYO. I agree with OldSchool on that front...JMO

Grayland was injured early in the season last year and the Lions didn't resemble the team they were with him in the line up. I believe that will be 3 starters gone off last years state playoff club. Duane will get everything they have to offer but the battle with EC just tightened up.The shooting guard they have is MONEY but his job will be a lot tougher without Arnold to create for him.Kountze will be a good playoff club just not as good without the best PG in the area.

• 1 month later...

Kountze at Hardin, tonight. This is what we've all been waiting for. A thriller, nailbiter, cardiac killer, barn burner, grave digger, unparallel performer and much more. Do not miss it from tip to buzzer.

Kountze may be a 41 point favorite but not so fast. We're not about 1 half of basketball here. We're talking full court in your face pressure for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let's be real folks. This is really a toss up.

The end.

1 hour ago, MossHill2 said:

Kountze at Hardin, tonight. This is what we've all been waiting for. A thriller, nailbiter, cardiac killer, barn burner, grave digger, unparallel performer and much more. Do not miss it from tip to buzzer.

Kountze may be a 41 point favorite but not so fast. We're not about 1 half of basketball here. We're talking full court in your face pressure for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let's be real folks. This is really a toss up.

The end.

Man, I hope we can keep yall off the boards tonight. 

3 hours ago, whsalum said:

Meth is a terrible drug :) 

Surely you guys have been following my posts for the last 6-7 years enough to know I was being goofy.

You want my score prediction?

Kountze 98

Hardin 47+2 - 40 + 41 - 12 + 98 - 83 - 27

4 hours ago, KHSAlum400 said:

Man, I hope we can keep yall off the boards tonight. 

What boards? Puzzle boards? ? Surf Boards? Monopoly Boards? We can surely take Kountze to school in all 3 of those.

But boards as in glass, also known as backboards.......No, we are far too Anglo-Saxon for all that.

On 10/29/2015 at 4:22 PM, KHSAlum400 said:

I would start with #25 East Chambers and #17 Palestine Westwood. Westwood returns their 6'5" post Travion Hicks and Sutherland will have EC geared up and ready to go by the time district play rolls around. #18 White Oak should be in the running also. I think it will come down to Kountze and East Chambers in the end.

Region 3-3A just got a little more interesting... Palestine Westwood's 6'5" standout post re-injured his knee during the 1st game of district play last week and is out for the season. He had originally injured it during warmups in the first game of the season and had been out leading up to the game last week. Westwood is now 0-3 in district play. I think it now comes down to Kountze, East Chambers and now Pollock Central as they're starting to open some eyes. They beat Woodville (in Woodville) by 37 on Friday. 

"Unfortunately for the Panthers they will have to endure the rest of the season without Tray Hicks as Nettles confirmed on Tuesday that he is out for the rest of the season because of a knee injury suffered during warmups before their season opener on Nov. 24 against Mexia. Hicks, who averaged 17.0 points and 7.6 rebounds a game last season, aggravated the injury in Westwood's 21-3A opener at Crockett on Dec. 18, the only game he played in this season. Nettles said Hicks will have surgery."