Port Neches-Groves 42 Lumberton 25/Final

WOSgrad

Lumberton couldn't get any push defensively and couldn't cover the good routes ran by the PNG receivers long enough at times. They just don't have the numbers athletically to overcome injuries at some positions. Missing one of their best linebackers allowed PNG to consistently double the Raiders best pass rusher. And, yes high school coaches by now have scouted opposing teams thoroughly. They knew who to double. Offensively the Raiders dropped too many passes. There weren't a lot of open looks but you have to take advantage when the ball hits you in the hands, or stomach lol. The offense greatly missed their big tight end in the passing game and especially in the run game. He has a knack for finding the soft spot in the secondary and can exploit mismatches. They missed his blocking on the edge all night. The Raiders made me very proud in that they ALWAYS fight to the end of every game. The fans that left early are a complete embarrassment! Don't think these young men don't notice. Unforgivable. I see the Raiders getting 3 out of the last 4 and making the playoffs. GO RAIDERS!!!

Lumberton couldn't get any push defensively and couldn't cover the good routes ran by the PNG receivers long enough at times. They just don't have the numbers athletically to overcome injuries at some positions. Missing one of their best linebackers allowed PNG to consistently double the Raiders best pass rusher. And, yes high school coaches by now have scouted opposing teams thoroughly. They knew who to double. Offensively the Raiders dropped too many passes. There weren't a lot of open looks but you have to take advantage when the ball hits you in the hands, or stomach lol. The offense greatly missed their big tight end in the passing game and especially in the run game. He has a knack for finding the soft spot in the secondary and can exploit mismatches. They missed his blocking on the edge all night. The Raiders made me very proud in that they ALWAYS fight to the end of every game. The fans that left early are a complete embarrassment! Don't think these young men don't notice. Unforgivable. I see the Raiders getting 3 out of the last 4 and making the playoffs. GO RAIDERS!!!

Good points made.. Our pass rush, or lack of actually, was the most upsetting thing.. The last thing you want to do when playing against an awesome quarterback is not get pressure on him... Was Morse even touched the whole night?? Key injuries definitely hurt us.. Still a chance to make the playoffs and that's what we need to focus on getting to!!

We were missing one of our leaders on defense, Senior #2 Rembrandt. 

Well looks like the rest of the D did a good job of pulling together and picking up the slack. Almost every tackle yall had I saw about 5 or 6 white helmets around the ball carrier. Very good pursuit, and that's what can put a stop to a good running game.

Well looks like the rest of the D did a good job of pulling together and picking up the slack. Almost every tackle yall had I saw about 5 or 6 white helmets around the ball carrier. Very good pursuit, and that's what can put a stop to a good running game.

I didn't see it as putting a stop to the running game. "Classic Chevrolet Raider 1st down". Seems like I was hearing that all night..lol

Good points made.. Our pass rush, or lack of actually, was the most upsetting thing.. The last thing you want to do when playing against an awesome quarterback is not get pressure on him... Was Morse even touched the whole night?? Key injuries definitely hurt us.. Still a chance to make the playoffs and that's what we need to focus on getting to!!

on the point of Morse getting touched. If i remember correctly, he was touched on the first pass which caused the interception. I missed half the action due to taking pics. I did see a very upset coach having a "come to Jesus" talk with the O line on the bench, and Morse was comfortable the rest of the night..lol

So the question is Raider Fans.... Who has the best defense out of the Indians and Jaguars?:)

Jaguars in my opinion. We had two dropped td passes which should have put 14 more on the board. Well the first was defended well by y'all but I still think we could have come down with it. 

Yall were missing yalls leader on defense, but we were missing our biggest threat in the receiving game. So that needs to be noted as well.

with that being said, central d line is good and looks better against the run. I can't comment on either teams pass defense. I would have to say in the end only based off of what I've seen that central has the better defense, but not by a long shot however!

Jaguars in my opinion. We had two dropped td passes which should have put 14 more on the board. Well the first was defended well by y'all but I still think we could have come down with it. 

Yall were missing yalls leader on defense, but we were missing our biggest threat in the receiving game. So that needs to be noted as well.

with that being said, central d line is good and looks better against the run. I can't comment on either teams pass defense. I would have to say in the end only based off of what I've seen that central has the better defense, but not by a long shot however!

There was 3 TD passes dropped. Another pass caught in the end zone but receiver landed on his back just out of bounds.  Even with those missed opportunities,  Raiders scored 4 TDS vs PNG and only 3 vs Central. Central's pass defense is better, but PNG's run defense is every bit as good. I was surprised by PNG's run defense.   Congrats to PNG on the win and good luck vs Nederland. Should be a great game. 

The one in front of the hs and intermediate are teacher parking lots and the big one is student parking 

OK... I get that, but it doesn't answer the question.  There are 3 outlets, yet everyone forced to funnel into 1???  I'd rather park at PNG or Ned, on the streets,  where you can get to your car and go home!

OK... I get that, but it doesn't answer the question.  There are 3 outlets, yet everyone forced to funnel into 1???  I'd rather park at PNG or Ned, on the streets,  where you can get to your car and go home!

The one north of the tennis courts you can only come in because that's the way the intermediate parents line up to pick up their kids in the afternoon, the one south of the tennis courts not sure why it is NEVER open anymore (Could be because too much traffic and no light there.) But you can also take the road behind the scoreboard and go around the back of both schools and go up on the south side of the intermediate and get out at that last light 

Have not had an opportunity to say much about this game. Lumberton is a talented team with great coaching. I watched the game today and was impressed with the o-line blocking..it was very sound and the RB could hit the smallest of holes. He runs very hard. I do not know if Rhodes or number 77 are seniors but they are some solid players any team would love to have. If Lumberton had some size on defense and just a bit more speed they would be hard for anyone to beat. My hats off to the Raiders coaching staff for turning things around and changing the perception of Raiders football in this SETX area. I believe the revitalization of this program could bring some winning ways in the future....

Best of luck Raiders there are some huge games left in this district and the Raiders are not out of it by any stretch of the imagination. I could see wins over the next 3 games and roll into the Nederland game with a 4-2 record!!!!!!!  Hope to see you guys healthy for the rest of your games!!!!

Have not had an opportunity to say much about this game. Lumberton is a talented team with great coaching. I watched the game today and was impressed with the o-line blocking..it was very sound and the RB could hit the smallest of holes. He runs very hard. I do not know if Rhodes or number 77 are seniors but they are some solid players any team would love to have. If Lumberton had some size on defense and just a bit more speed they would be hard for anyone to beat. My hats off to the Raiders coaching staff for turning things around and changing the perception of Raiders football in this SETX area. I believe the revitalization of this program could bring some winning ways in the future....

Best of luck Raiders there are some huge games left in this district and the Raiders are not out of it by any stretch of the imagination. I could see wins over the next 3 games and roll into the Nederland game with a 4-2 record!!!!!!!  Hope to see you guys healthy for the rest of your games!!!!

Yep they are both Seniors