why?

It's probably based off of the way ozen finished last year that's usually how they rank the teams but they must know something about silsbee to rank them #2 in 4a Houston sterling made it to the state championship last year and they are not even in the top 25 at all

they know something about Silsbee but not Ozen?  Interesting 

Ozen may not be the 2nd best team in that district.  Toss up between them and Big Ned.  Maybe they thought they were ranking the district?

lolllll i guess thats why u gotta play the game... We go thru this every year and the outcome is always different.. I mean if i was betting man my pick would be Nederland returning all 5 starters....then Ozen which returns 8 with 4 starters...and then Central which returns 4 with 2 of them very good starters...i mean we could go on and on but lets not count the chickens before they hatch...hell it could be a 3 way tie never know 

Ozen returns 4 starters?  I thought Hunter and Wayne graduated?

actually the starters were jordan,c.tyler,t.gipson,comeaux,c.bolton later towards the end of season and playoffs wayne and jalen became starters...so technically this team returns alot it is hard to replce jordan and what he did as well as christian and wayne so i could see why "some" think this will be a down year...but again thats why u have to play the game ..right?!!!!

actually the starters were jordan,c.tyler,t.gipson,comeaux,c.bolton later towards the end of season and playoffs wayne and jalen became starters...so technically this team returns alot it is hard to replce jordan and what he did as well as christian and wayne so i could see why "some" think this will be a down year...but again thats why u have to play the game ..right?!!!!

no doubt.  But losing by far your best player and your best two inside presences will be tough.  Not saying it can't be done but we will see.  

no doubt.  But losing by far your best player and your best two inside presences will be tough.  Not saying it can't be done but we will see.  

oh i agree its gonna be a tough task the youngsters are gonna have to step up and play some ball... We'll see how it goes 

Who would think Ozen will have a down year?  Three returning players, Comeaux, Sneed, and Boyd would tell you they won't be losing many games this year...

Edited by BMTSoulja1

care to elaborate why?

Are you gonna honestly tell me that right now they are the #2 ranked team in the state?  Try to set aside the homer mentality before you answer. 

LOST HUNTER JORDAN with no one to replace him.  Im not trying to take away from the other players that Ozen has,  just honesty.

Edited by 5GallonBucket

Take it for what it is....be a homer if you want....I watch plenty of ball.  OZEN will be good and make a playoff run, but to say they are RANK #2 in the state...yeah and HF will win state. 

Being good and making the playoffs is pretty much the norm at schools like Ozen and Central.  But to be a serious contender in the region is what's special in our eyes.  And Ozen us a serious contender with the 3 players that I've named.  Those 3 players are easily the top 5 players in this district and have the most experience probably of any returning players in the state.  

Are you gonna honestly tell me that right now they are the #2 ranked team in the state?  Try to set aside the homer mentality before you answer. 

LOST HUNTER JORDAN with no one to replace him.  Im not trying to take away from the other players that Ozen has,  just honesty.

That Sneed kid have the potential to be just as good or even better than Hunter.  Kid can ball...

Being good and making the playoffs is pretty much the norm at schools like Ozen and Central.  But to be a serious contender in the region is what's special in our eyes.  And Ozen us a serious contender with the 3 players that I've named.  Those 3 players are easily the top 5 players in this district and have the most experience probably of any returning players in the state.  

So tell me Soulja  in your honest opinion is OZEN the #2 team in the STATE.

In my opinion they are not even the #1 team in the district.....and I don't have a dog in the fight.