why?

So tell me Soulja  in your honest opinion is OZEN the #2 team in the STATE.

In my opinion they are not even the #1 team in the district.....and I don't have a dog in the fight.

It's debatable that Central could be better.  But who else besides Central or Lancaster would you honestly put above Ozen based on what they have returning AND experience?

Being good and making the playoffs is pretty much the norm at schools like Ozen and Central.  But to be a serious contender in the region is what's special in our eyes.  And Ozen us a serious contender with the 3 players that I've named.  Those 3 players are easily the top 5 players in this district and have the most experience probably of any returning players in the state.  

Idk about all that.  They are all district performers in this day and age.  But to say they are "easily the top 5" (with I presume Atwood and Pearson), beg to disagree.  Not going to call out any particular kid but no way is this accurate.  And, if Central isn't decidedly better than Ozen this year, they will be watching state on tv as well. 

Idk about all that.  They are all district performers in this day and age.  But to say they are "easily the top 5" (with I presume Atwood and Pearson), beg to disagree.  Not going to call out any particular kid but no way is this accurate.  And, if Central isn't decidedly better than Ozen this year, they will be watching state on tv as well. 

I'm just being non biased. I'm a Jag, but I wanted to look at it from another angle.

It's debatable that Central could be better.  But who else besides Central or Lancaster would you honestly put above Ozen based on what they have returning AND experience?

I see what your saying  if your just looking at paper...yeah.  I do believe FB Elkins will be better than what TABC has them and they only lost to OZEN by one in the 2nd round.  I don't know  what Austin lbj, Houston yates, or palo duro have coming back.  

SNEED is very good.  And comeaux is very consistent.  but the others are a mixed bag of characters....never know what your gonna get.  I wouldn't put to much stock in the srs besides comeaux.  whose gonna rebound and protect the paint?

I see what your saying  if your just looking at paper...yeah.  I do believe FB Elkins will be better than what TABC has them and they only lost to OZEN by one in the 2nd round.  I don't know  what Austin lbj, Houston yates, or palo duro have coming back.  

SNEED is very good.  And comeaux is very consistent.  but the others are a mixed bag of characters....never know what your gonna get.  I wouldn't put to much stock in the srs besides comeaux.  whose gonna rebound and protect the paint?

Yes, I see what you're saying.  they lost Wayngarde (sp) and Bolton.  Their tallest players last year. Hope there is some size coming up from JV...

Yates arguably has the best player in the region.  They will be in the mix like about every year.  

they do have one, but immaturity and attitude may do him in along with GRADES

this could be said for half the kids playing any sport but this particular kid has taken care hold of it A's & B's so i see that as a sign of maturity not immaturity... And personally i would rather have a kid with a lil immaturity than a kid who is grown and thinks he an adult already(in terms of thinking he is above authority) ...jmo  

in that game ozen shouldve won by at least 12 they made the game too hard ,taking nothing away from elkins those guys are tough which why u have to execute the game plan....dont understimate some kids there may be one or two that come outta the fire ...season hasn't atarted yet so unless u have a crystal ball its has to play itself out.. Good thing is we can revisit this in 4 or 5 months...lol

i think Young is a very good player best in the region is debatable ...and Yates will not dominate anyone this season...they dont have the personnel like theyve had in past years ....

who is better?  And Yates will be guard heavy, like another team that is the source of argument in this thread.  Yates just happens to have better guards...