Baytown Sterling 27 Clear Brook 23/Final

Sort of. Brook fumbled at the 2 with 1:37 to play. RSS gets a 1st down on 4th and 1 and runs out the clock.

Brook had 3 TDs called back due to penalties.

Corbet rook some big hits early, but hung in and played great. He really makes that team go. Sterling was just too quick at the skill posotions. Brook could not run with their WRs.

is this team better than the 2014 version of RSS? Hard to beat the running backs they had last year?? North Shore and Channelview will be locks for the playoffs, and PAM doesnt look to have much of an impact this year, so that leaves WB, DP, LP, and RSS vying for the final 2 spots.This could be a the year~!

Not sure about better, but Corbet seems to be growing at the QB position and those WRs are quick. OL plays well as a group and the tackle that broke his foot just before the season started should be back soon.

They need to find 4 more wins:

West Brook, PAM and La Porte are "doable" but by no means a lock.  (LP beat this same Clear Brook team by 40.)

So you look at Deer Park or Channelview for the 4th win. Tall tasks, but they could run with both of them.

It's going to be tough, but not impossible. 

Brook had their chances..........the pass interference in the endzone when Brook had an int. was a crap call in my opinion.

From the box, it looked like the kid was pushed down before the ball was let go, which is still a penalty for a first down in high school. You can't do that anymore until you get to the pros. I believe the correct call would've been illegal contact, but that would've been the same result. But yeah the RSS defense was missing one of its best defensive players in Modeste and it showed. Both teams should be fun to watch going forward.

Edited by ctucker
typo

is this team better than the 2014 version of RSS? Hard to beat the running backs they had last year?? North Shore and Channelview will be locks for the playoffs, and PAM doesnt look to have much of an impact this year, so that leaves WB, DP, LP, and RSS vying for the final 2 spots.This could be a the year~!

They are more talented than they were last season from top to bottom, a little deeper but don't have the experience. They have a shot, but they really need to take care of business against La Porte.

If they do that and take care of PAM like I feel they should, They just need to steal one from either Deer Park at home or WB on the road.

Not sure about better, but Corbet seems to be growing at the QB position and those WRs are quick. OL plays well as a group and the tackle that broke his foot just before the season started should be back soon.

They need to find 4 more wins:

West Brook, PAM and La Porte are "doable" but by no means a lock.  (LP beat this same Clear Brook team by 40.)

So you look at Deer Park or Channelview for the 4th win. Tall tasks, but they could run with both of them.

It's going to be tough, but not impossible. 

I like RSS to make it a game against La Porte. It really is becoming a rivalry game, and not counting the Adduddle years RSS and La Porte is close whoever is up and down at the time.

Personally, I don't see them winning in district. CB played LP and lost 49-27.........all 27 points were scored after they sat their starters. Sure, CB has improved but LP has talent. Damn, I hate saying that.

La Porte smoked Clear Brook last season and RSS won after almost losing to Clear Brook. RSS has the advantage of an off week coupled with an always physical rivalry game this Friday for La Porte against Deer Park. I think it'll be a fun one, but I wouldn't put it in the W column for RSS. And I haven't seen PAM this year but they sure seem snake bit looking at the line scores. I figure they do have a shot at it. But this district is tough. If PAM and WB drops to 5A, I could see RSS, LP, GCM and DP replacing Manvel, Alvin, Dawson and Pearland in 22-6A.

That would have RSS playoff bound every season.

La Porte smoked Clear Brook last season and RSS won after almost losing to Clear Brook. RSS has the advantage of an off week coupled with an always physical rivalry game this Friday for La Porte against Deer Park. I think it'll be a fun one, but I wouldn't put it in the W column for RSS. And I haven't seen PAM this year but they sure seem snake bit looking at the line scores. I figure they do have a shot at it. But this district is tough. If PAM and WB drops to 5A, I could see RSS, LP, GCM and DP replacing Manvel, Alvin, Dawson and Pearland in 22-6A.

That would have RSS playoff bound every season.

Memorial and LP are the smallest 21-6A schools, WB is mid-level, WB will never drop to 5a unless they opened up another HS on the west end of BMT.