Small schools

oldschool2

I'm not trying to back up anything.  My opinion is what it is.  I gave you a list of FACTS that brought me to the opinion.  If you aren't intelligent enough to understand them then there isn't anything I can do for you.  Maybe you should try some reading exercises.  I don't know..

And I know it won't change.  Even if enough people agreed with it (which, you would be surprised) it would never happen because society is so wrapped up on not hurting anyone's feelings.  

I always thought message boards were just that..places to have discussion.  Or vent.  I'm venting about the way I feel about small schools.  Don't like it?  Don't read it..  or definitely don't reply to it.  I could care less.

You are the one showing a decided lack of intelligence by basing your entire theory on one or two schools and claiming that all of them should be shut down......I'm glad you are finally over the delusions that your opinion is fact.......mission accomplished, I guess.......

You are the one showing a decided lack of intelligence by basing your entire theory on one or two schools and claiming that all of them should be shut down......I'm glad you are finally over the delusions that your opinion is fact.......mission accomplished, I guess.......

I'm not basing my theory on 1 or 2 schools.  I just gave 1 or 2 examples. Trust me I have the same feeling about most of these little small schools.  I have very close, personal friends that have had dealing with small school districts and feel the same way.  I have several friends and acquaintances across the state that have or do coach in small districts and all tell me the same thing.  And yeah people gave some examples of some really good school districts. Brock, Lindsay...and there are a few more.  There are always exceptions.

And I never said my opinion was fact.  I said it was based on facts.  Just in case you forgot...or have trouble with comprehension, I'll bold the important parts.  From my very first post (the one that started this conversation):

''I think that the state/country should do away with small schools.  I think that any high school with less than 500 kids should have to consolidate with neighboring towns/school districts.  I think that kids do not learn what it takes to compete in life.  The lack of competition provided athletically, academically, and socially is (in my opinion) contributing to the weakening of society"

I'm not basing my theory on 1 or 2 schools.  I just gave 1 or 2 examples. Trust me I have the same feeling about most of these little small schools.  I have very close, personal friends that have had dealing with small school districts and feel the same way.  I have several friends and acquaintances across the state that have or do coach in small districts and all tell me the same thing.  And yeah people gave some examples of some really good school districts. Brock, Lindsay...and there are a few more.  There are always exceptions.

And I never said my opinion was fact.  I said it was based on facts.  Just in case you forgot...or have trouble with comprehension, I'll bold the important parts.  From my very first post (the one that started this conversation):

''I think that the state/country should do away with small schools.  I think that any high school with less than 500 kids should have to consolidate with neighboring towns/school districts.  I think that kids do not learn what it takes to compete in life.  The lack of competition provided athletically, academically, and socially is (in my opinion) contributing to the weakening of society"

you should go back and re-read your ignorant blathering....you definitely said that your opinion was fact earlier in this thread....it's quoted a couple of times.......:P

Jeez you know a helluva lot more about the people you graduated with than I do. Not make many friends in college?

Sadly no, I have never been able to make friends.  You did read there were only 19 of us correct?  Went to ETBU in college with 2 of my classmates, and I can tell you about most of them too.  The topic wasn't college friends though.  Perhaps I will start another topic if you so desire smart a $&.

you should go back and re-read your ignorant blathering....you definitely said that your opinion was fact earlier in this thread....it's quoted a couple of times.......:P

From page 3:

My opinion is that small school kids don't learn to compete because they aren't forced to..because of numbers.

The opinion part is truthfully my opinion.  The reason I have the opinion is the truth.  There are fewer kids...hence less people to compete with for academic/athletic gains.  Truth.

You see...it's easier for 19 kids to make a team if only 19 kids show up, than it is for 19 kids to make a team if 100 kids show up.  That's not opinion..that's mathematics.  19/19 is a higher percentage than 19/100.  Therefore, my opinion appears.  The reason my opinion is what it is..is because of the FACT that fewer number of kids equals a higher chance of participation than greater number of kids.

Sadly no, I have never been able to make friends.  You did read there were only 19 of us correct?  Went to ETBU in college with 2 of my classmates, and I can tell you about most of them too.  The topic wasn't college friends though.  Perhaps I will start another topic if you so desire smart a $&.

I obviously have no idea who you are, or your situation.  But it's been suggested that trouble finding or making friends is in big part due to underdeveloped social skills.  The type of poor social skills found in people that have experienced home school or small school environments.  Due to lack of practice in social situations found when in contact of large numbers of people.  One of my nieces had similar issues.  Graduated in a small high school class and then was so overwhelmed and miserable in college she went back home.

Just saying.

you posted the above in response to THIS....this is on page 2 if you want to refresh your memory......

Posted yesterday at 1:34 PM · Report post

On 9/17/2015, 1:06:13, oldschool2 said:

This is really making me laugh.  You guys are making it sound like I want every school to be a big school.  Like 1000-4000 kids.  I never said that, nor meant/applied that.  I SAID 500 minimum.  The difference in 150 and 500 would be astronomical.  Literally the difference in exerting a little bit more effort to remain in the top 10..or having to worry about maybe losing your starting spot.  I don't understand what would be wrong with that.  I guess it doesn't matter.  

MY OPINION is that small schools (very small schools) ruin kids chances of learning to be competitive.  In every aspect of life.

It appears most don't agree with your opinion.

It's way too hard to quote on this site.......:P

No you're absolutely right...it does appear that I was implying that the opinions I was giving were being passed off as truth.  That statement wasn't intended to be that my opinion is fact.  The truth is that small schools make it easier (statistically) for kids to be successful.  That's what I was talking about.  But whatever.

So that's all of the "ignorant blathering" you were talking about?  The truth bothers most people..  I guess so.  So 5 pages worth of comments where I'm saying it is my opinion..and 1 statement where you get the impression I think my opinion is truth..

Doesn't really matter what is typed at this point.  I'm obviously not changing how I feel on the issue.  It is gonna take a lot more than a few small schools that produce academic scholars and athletic superstars for me to feel different.  And if you go back...there are a few people that agree with some of the points I'm making.  Not that that matters either..

So that's all of the "ignorant blathering" you were talking about?  The truth bothers most people..  I guess so.  So 5 pages worth of comments where I'm saying it is my opinion..and 1 statement where you get the impression I think my opinion is truth..

At least you seem to have recovered from your delusion............:lol: 

At least you seem to have recovered from your delusion............:lol: 

If you're call my way of thinking delusion, then I'm afraid there's no hope.  Because I've always been very blunt, very straight forward and to the point, and have zero sympathy.  The only way to find sympathy with me would be if I was carrying a dictionary. 

I went to a small school many moons ago, we had try outs, people got cut.   My spouse has been a coach and admin or by th at same time for yrs now at a small school.   There isn't a lot of cutting of players,  but they try out or work hard for a starting position.  Yes there are players who should never see the field, let alone get hurt, or get someone hurt because of non athletic skills.   But, they come together as one,  they become family. some go off to collage for academics, some athletics, some stay close and work.  They raise their family there, and then their kids come play for that school.  And their parent can tell, when I played here stories .    Small schools create jobs for the community as well.  My son was in a 5a district u till 7th grade ended , he asked to go to the small school because his friends all seemed to be getting into trouble of some sort, and he wanted to go to college.   He loved it there.   My daughter tried it for one year and hated it, too small for her.  

All these little clinics, fast ER places are like small schools,  gotta go to a big hospital to have the big stuff done.  But people like the small ER,  not as crowded,  better individual care.  It creates jobs.   Most of those have a purpose that meets a need.  

A lot of small schools are created because of the need.  People move away from big towns for their own reason, and don't want a part of it.   

When little Joe and Jenny graduate and move on in life, who really is going to ask , did the start on the team, or get cut?   Its can you function in college, or this job .