HJ @ LCM

BigTuna

HJ switched back to the slot T in week 2. So, they've played the last two games with it.

Moreaux played against Jasper in week 1, when HJ was running read-option. I do not think he is eligible for this game. He transferred the week after week 1 and then back that same week. So at most I think this Friday will be around day 12 of his period to sit. 

Tilley ran his guts out against Kountze and he will be a handful for the Bears. I wish we could not use Thompson at QB and let him be a back like he as last year. That would help Tilley out. Not sure who could play QB though. 

If the Bears run the ball a lot, that helps HJ. Our pass defense has been suspect. At times the DBs seem to be in good position but aren't looking for the ball. If they can start getting their beds turned around I think we would be much improved. 

In week 3 HJ certainly looked better than week 1 and week 2 but we still put the ball on the ground WAY too much. We may also want to forget extra points and go for two every time. I think the conversion rate would be about the same as the PAT but we'd get the benefit of one additional point!

while I agree with most of this, I do want to point out we have the same kicker as last year and he made several for us then. Not sure where the issue is, snapper, holder or kicker or lack of practice.

The issue with the kicking game at HJ is not the kicker. I have watched that kid for the last 2 seasons and he is one of the best in the area. He has a few schools that are very interested in him. He will probably be kicking at the next level in a year or 2. Not sure if he is a jr or sr.  

For the most part I agree.  I have seen him quick the ball extremely well through the uprights and on kickoffs.  But whatever the cause, bad snap, bad hold, bad approach, failing to convert 3 PATs a game isn't going to work.  Again, that's why I said they may want to consider going for two every time.