Barbers Hill @ Dayton

Octfeb

I agree with BHFan on this one; however, I'm probably leaning more toward that  Bronco win by fairly big numbers.  Run, run, run, fumble, run isn't a very promising theme, especially against the scoring potential that Dayton has.

As for as another HC...doesn't matter.  BH will be accused of dissing another good coach, or paying too much for one, or spending too much on a practice barn, or any other myriad of "just hate the Hill" type comments because it's the Hill.  

Finally BG, I would love to know the real reason for the 'sticker in your drawers' about the Hill.  No need to post it here, pm me or something.  For the life of me, I try to glean just a little from every anti-Hill comment coming from you over there.  I mean I get it I guess.   Sometime you just hate something for no reason at all, you just do.  But I'm dying to know what ills the school, the people, the town or whatever has blighted your soul so bad with regards to the Hill....LOL   Seriously pm me please, I'd like to have serious conversation - ok, serious no, but genuine, yes!!!

oh how many forget about a past yearly opponent. You figure it out. 

Go Crosby 

GO Dayton

Go Titans

Dayton has given up a boat load of points, ,,  In their defense, CV and King both have high scoring offenses, both have weapons and speed that can take it to the house, not sure what happen with  Nederland, don't know what they run or have.  BH does not have what CV and King has,    But for some reason some defenses have issues stopping the predictable offense, that is averaging over 25 points a game .   This may be a high scoring game, have not seen Dayton yet this year and don't know how much they throw, but BH has really struggled stopping the pass..  Don't know why we don't jam WRs on the line to interrupt the pattern while putting pressure on the QB, we give a 10 -12 yard cushion then react to the catch and rush 3,. Need to man handle WR on the line and force the QB to either run or rush the throw,.  Our DBs are physical and can hit, use that to our advantage.  But , what do I know.    The key for BH making this a game or to have a chance, is to hold on to the ball and defense has to slow down any kind of passing game. Cannot beat anyone with turnovers, no team can overcome multiple turnovers.    If BH can do that, it will be a interesting game, they have heart and play hard every play, Dayton always has athletes and speed, so should be a game.  I think Dayton has the edge, but if BH executes and no turnovers, they have a great chance to win, if not could, be ugly.     

Edited by Eagle011
mis spelliings

People hate the hill because they feel they get hosed every game played there, warranted or not, most of the time not. Plus it's usually jealousy.  There is a stigma that every kid that goes to BH is a spoiled rich kid, but they don't know the truth. School district has money not all or even a majority of the families living there. Those kids are great kids, they want to be coached. 

As for the HC.....hopefully they can find one that can live up to the hype. This one they have now.....not so much

IMO I don't think any of these two teams deep down believe that this game is a wash. Fact is the winner of this game has the inside track to the 3-4 spot in the district. Lose this game and you could be looking at 4,5 or 6 spot. Crosby and CEK are in and whoever wins this game is probably in, but Humble and New Caney are out there to sit someone home for the playoffs. Dayton or BH better figure it out this Friday or they may want to start practicing their free throws.

Dayton has given up a boat load of points, ,,  In their defense, CV and King both have high scoring offenses, both have weapons and speed that can take it to the house, not sure what happen with  Nederland, don't know what they run or have.  BH does not have what CV and King has,    But for some reason some defenses have issues stopping the predictable offense, that is averaging over 25 points a game .   This may be a high scoring game, have not seen Dayton yet this year and don't know how much they throw, but BH has really struggled stopping the pass..  Don't know why we don't jam WRs on the line to interrupt the pattern while putting pressure on the QB, we give a 10 -12 yard cushion then react to the catch and rush 3,. Need to man handle WR on the line and force the QB to either run or rush the throw,.  Our DBs are physical and can hit, use that to our advantage.  But , what do I know.    The key for BH making this a game or to have a chance, is to hold on to the ball and defense has to slow down any kind of passing game. Cannot beat anyone with turnovers, no team can overcome multiple turnovers.    If BH can do that, it will be a interesting game, they have heart and play hard every play, Dayton always has athletes and speed, so should be a game.  I think Dayton has the edge, but if BH executes and no turnovers, they have a great chance to win, if not could, be ugly.    

That's the issue with BH fans. The reason your players give the 10-12 yard cushions is because they don't have the speed to stay with receivers off the line of scrimmage. The last thing BH wants opposing qbs to do is pull it down and run it, guys like Brantley, Cotton and Ware will eat you alive. I think Gage is doing the best with what he's been given.

BH just needs to figure out how to hold on to the ball and tackle in space. Lot easier said than done though.

This is why BH dbs give cushion. Mannie runs outs for most of the night then double moves the DB one time and the kid has not shot, bless his heart. If BH dbs pressed the whole night it would've been like a layup drill instead of a free throw shooting contest. Cotton might have thrown for 500 yards instead of the 409 he threw for in 3 quarters.

This is the hidden content, please

Crosby fans are picking against  dayton because  we lost to cek, A team i might remind you that beat crosby last year.

Go crosby^!

Go dayton^!

You're wrong in that assessment. We're picking against Dayton because we genuinely dislike them. Heck, I'd rather push my truck out of gas across the bridge to Liberty then to spend money in Dayton. :) 

You're wrong in that assessment. We're picking against Dayton because we genuinely dislike them. Heck, I'd rather push my truck out of gas across the bridge to Liberty then to spend money in Dayton. :) 

Well at least if I see someone pushing their truck down 90 through Dayton I will know who it was. What a minute I actually see that pretty often. Could you give me a little more info on what your vehicle looks like so I don't drive  by and moon some innocent person that's already having a bad day.

Well at least if I see someone pushing their truck down 90 through Dayton I will know who it was. What a minute I actually see that pretty often. Could you give me a little more info on what your vehicle looks like so I don't drive  by and moon some innocent person that's already having a bad day.

From what I hear that would be a pretty big full moon. It's a 2016 Red Ford 250 with my companies insigna plastered on the sides. The insigna reads, Dayton Hygiene products and teeth brushes. Needless to say I may have to downgrade to an F150 and start selling tooth brushes. :) 

From what I hear that would be a pretty big full moon. It's a 2016 Red Ford 250 with my companies insigna plastered on the sides. The insigna reads, Dayton Hygiene products and teeth brushes. Needless to say I may have to downgrade to an F150 and start selling tooth brushes. :) 

Thanks I will be looking for it. Just so you know it's not just random mooning my left check will have plus and the right one will have ne.

Are they even out yet? At least you drive the right make of vehicle... Guess the "rednecks" from good ole Dayton have taught you something. 

Haters are going to hate, because they are envious of the things that you have. They have to point out the things that you lack so it makes them feel better. The Hill has great kids, great academics and have had some success in football.  However, football is not the most important thing to many of the kids in BH so maybe that is why they have not been as successful as some other programs.

That and they have yet to figure out the concept of the forward pass.

BH is looking for the upset. The key is not to turn the ball over and control the line of scrimmage. Dayton on the other hand needs to utilize their need for speed and accurately pass the ball weather it be for long or short.  BH with the upset 38 - 34

I respect everyone's predictions on here. I will say though that I don't think Dayton has ever given up 38 to BH. I think Dayton wins fairly easily but if there were to be an upset I think BH will have to find a way to keep Dayton in the 20's. Maybe like a 24-21. Oh well can't wait for the game.

I respect everyone's predictions on here. I will say though that I don't think Dayton has ever given up 38 to BH. I think Dayton wins fairly easily but if there were to be an upset I think BH will have to find a way to keep Dayton in the 20's. Maybe like a 24-21. Oh well can't wait for the game.

Well, Bh has actually held Dayton in the 20's or below three of the last four meetings. Probably won't happen this time but it's really not a stretch to think they might. 

BH is going to struggle to cover the bubble screen and the slant, maybe even the fly sweep, but if they can ring up about 350+ total yards of offense they should be in the game all night barring turnovers. 

Before the season I thought this was probably an easy win for Dayton too, but with the astronomical numbers they've given up on defense so far it probably won't be. 

Well, Bh has actually held Dayton in the 20's or below three of the last four meetings. Probably won't happen this time but it's really not a stretch to think they might. 

BH is going to struggle to cover the bubble screen and the slant, maybe even the fly sweep, but if they can ring up about 350+ total yards of offense they should be in the game all night barring turnovers. 

Before the season I thought this was probably an easy win for Dayton too, but with the astronomical numbers they've given up on defense so far it probably won't be. 

Well these huge numbers Dayton is giving up on defense are actually better than last years. Sad but a fact. Dayton was 1-2 going into the BH game last year and I believe gave BH a pretty good beat down. As far as the slant and bubble screen I would rather see Dayton be a run first team because they have the line and talent to do it. Dayton when they have wanted too the last 2 games has been able to pick up huge yards on the ground. Guess we will see what happens Friday.

Edited by bronco pride

75 yrs Bronco football celebrated fri beginning w/photos/memorabilia exhibit put together by Dist board president/Dayt Historical Society member Larry Wadzek@The Old School Museum from 2-5 pm @111 W.Houston St.Reception to follow @The Commons of Woodrow Wilson Jr High Sch from 5-6 pm & at halftime festivities@BH vs Dayt game [email protected] former alumni welcome to come out & support Bronco Football

Well these huge numbers Dayton is giving up on defense are actually better than last years. Sad but a fact. Dayton was 1-2 going into the BH game last year and I believe gave BH a pretty good beat down. As far as the slant and bubble screen I would rather see Dayton be a run first team because they have the line and talent to do it. Dayton when they have wanted too the last 2 games has been able to pick up huge yards on the ground. Guess we will see what happens Friday.

Still say Bronx by 21+. Broncos healthier than they have been all year.

Edited by bronco pride

Although BH's record isn't showing it :) I think that their Defense looks a lot better this year. This may be the defense that can finally contain the bubble screen of Dayton. This years DC has also implemented some Blitz packages that BH has soooo needed to help keep the opposing QB's in check. This should be a tight game unless the fumble bug hits then I would see Dayton winning by 21.

Good mixed group of Broncos who's real talent remains a mystery.We've been able to reach the playoffs every year during Hancock's tenure,but I believe we've under achieved the past 4yrs.If you can't challege for a dist title w/this group of kids=says program is lacking leadership.2nd rd team  2 straight yrs + 21-5a  2014 Jr Varsity Champs.Stew ain't had this much size since 2002,what happened to the once packed loud fanbase,folks all over Lib/surrounding  counties once drove to watch real Bronco Football,ever thought there might actually be a reason that coaches/kiddos leave the program and go elsewhere.I never ever remember a Dayt varsity roster w/ only 36 names on it,I remain faithful supporter only for the kids sake,A Ripkowski is a 2.4 mill $  living proof that a kid can excel beyond HS coaching expectations,play @next level & succeed.Dayt gave him a reason thru strength/conditioning the rest he earned by his will power to succeed.