Channelview 49 Vidor 28/Final

WOSgrad

It's always been PC to rag on Vidor.  Apparently, it still is.  Appears a few of the Crosby fans have inferiority complexes when it comes to Pirate football. This is a result of the defeat they suffered at the hands of the Pirates a few years ago.  

They're are several examples of this earlier in this thread as they attempt to downplay the comeback the Pirates made against CV.  The same team that defeated Dayton (Dist Champ contender in 21-5A) several weeks ago.  Oh, and CV beat Dayton 57-21, and Vidor 49-28.  You love facts, let's see, CV beat Vidor by 21, and beat Dayton by, ohhhh 36.  Reckon old CV likes Vidor so much they called off the dogs, but hate Dayton so bad they ran up the score?

Then Crosby beats Barbers Hill by 3 TD's.  Same BH team that lost to one of these 4A teams across "the river" almost as bad recently (Silsbee).  

Appears these few Crosby backers put down Pirate football out of fear.  Fear that by some ironic twist of fate they may meet Vidor this year in the playoffs, and lose again.  

I know 99% of the Cougar fans are secure in the knowledge they have a great team, and have little concern what the Pirates do, but there's always those few who love to hate? Fear? Jealous?   SMH

^^now that's comical, but beware of what you wish for if you thought CV was fast!! I guarantee you your ol' coach wants nothing to do with the Coogs so I'm sure they'll do everything in their power to stay out that fourth seed and the way y'all playin over there any things possible!!

Go Crosby!!

It's always been PC to rag on Vidor.  Apparently, it still is.  Appears a few of the Crosby fans have inferiority complexes when it comes to Pirate football. This is a result of the defeat they suffered at the hands of the Pirates a few years ago.  

They're are several examples of this earlier in this thread as they attempt to downplay the comeback the Pirates made against CV.  The same team that defeated Dayton (Dist Champ contender in 21-5A) several weeks ago.  Oh, and CV beat Dayton 57-21, and Vidor 49-28.  You love facts, let's see, CV beat Vidor by 21, and beat Dayton by, ohhhh 36.  Reckon old CV likes Vidor so much they called off the dogs, but hate Dayton so bad they ran up the score?

Then Crosby beats Barbers Hill by 3 TD's.  Same BH team that lost to one of these 4A teams across "the river" almost as bad recently (Silsbee).  

Appears these few Crosby backers put down Pirate football out of fear.  Fear that by some ironic twist of fate they may meet Vidor this year in the playoffs, and lose again.  

I know 99% of the Cougar fans are secure in the knowledge they have a great team, and have little concern what the Pirates do, but there's always those few who love to hate? Fear? Jealous?   SMH

or it could be as simple as vidor fans have shared their 'insight' on Crosby. ....the favor is simply returned.   Don't spin your wheels over analyzing. 

And Go Crosby!

Edited by Coug88
Go Crosby!

Sure seems like the Coogs faithful are spending a lot of time worried about what's going on over on the East side of the Trinity river. Maybe they might better be worried about what's actually coming for them from West of the other river. That's the San Jacinto, and that would be ol King and the TCU commit they have over there. Might be getting a little ahead of yourselves on that number one spot in the playoffs

Nobody is bashing Vidor man, just pointing some thnga out they way people love to do Crosby. IJS, Hurts touched it 22 times on Vidor and it was 42-7 at the half. He touched it 33 times on Dayton and it was 44-21 after the third quarter. 

If you know anything about playing Dayton you know when you get them down you need to step on their neck cause their liable to hit two or three big plays and the game be different. Once CV is comfortably up its best to get out healthy and not show anything. When you have aspirations of playing past Thanksgiving that's the best option. Crosby can punish a lot of teams worse but health and secrecy is more important. 

I actually hope Vidor has a good year. It would be nothing more poetic than going back to Provost-Humphrey and putting a Code Red playoff beating on Vidor in the heart of SETX territory. 

Nobody is bashing Vidor man, just pointing some thnga out they way people love to do Crosby. IJS, Hurts touched it 22 times on Vidor and it was 42-7 at the half. He touched it 33 times on Dayton and it was 44-21 after the third quarter. 

If you know anything about playing Dayton you know when you get them down you need to step on their neck cause their liable to hit two or three big plays and the game be different. Once CV is comfortably up its best to get out healthy and not show anything. When you have aspirations of playing past Thanksgiving that's the best option. Crosby can punish a lot of teams worse but health and secrecy is more important. 

I actually hope Vidor has a good year. It would be nothing more poetic than going back to Provost-Humphrey and putting a Code Red playoff beating on Vidor in the heart of SETX territory. 

they dont know CV like we do. 

You know, as we set here and go back and forth with one another we all hAve a love for football. I would hope that most of us are poking and jabbing at each other in fun. We are just men and women with no control or influence on the outcomes of these games we speak of. Unfortunately there will be some men that will act like kids on here, and some kids on here that want to act like grown men. At the end of the day this is about groups of young men out there on the field playing a game that they enjoy and love. Hopefully they cherish every minute of it because for most it over after high school. Then all they can do is get on these forums and join us. Lol. There's nothing like Texas in the fall during football season. Some of my fondest memories with my dad as a young kid, high school age and after I graduated was going and watching playoff games. Going to the Astrodome in the late 80s and watching Sugar Land Willowridge with Thurman Thomas running all over everyone. Man I miss those days and feel sorry for the ones that never had the opportunity to experience these things. I do a lot of business with folks from the Mid West, North East and they just can't understand our infatuation with high school football. I just hope there are other young kids out there that are getting to enjoy the same experiences that I had as a kid because I wouldn't become the man, husband and father that I am to today without my father sharing with me the love of high school football. 

So did Cview shut it down or did Vidor turn it up?  Kind of surprised the final score was this close after a 35 point half.

Bssed on the Vidor posts (I wasn't at that game) the CV starters were in most of the game, and still passing downfield.  Not how I interpret "shutting it down".   I'm 99% sure that had Vidor had a lead like that, you'd seen 2nd string in, but like one of the Crosby post stated, I don't understand how CV does things.  He must be right, because if that was shutting down, I don't.  

Still, CV whipped Vidor good.  Congrats to them!

Edited by REBgp

Bssed on the Vidor posts (I wasn't at that game) the CV starters were in most of the game, and still passing downfield.  Not how I interpret "shutting it down".   I'm 99% sure that had Vidor had a lead like that, you'd seen 2nd string in, but like one of the Crosby post stated, I don't understand how CV does things.  He must be right, because if that was shutting down, I don't.  

Sounds to me like Vidor turned it up then. 

IMO Vidor didn't do anything different. The slot t is a second half offense because running the ball that much tends to wear down the defense most of the time. I wasn't at the game but if I had to guess I'd say our offense did what it does most games and opened up a little more in the second half. But you also have to think that 4 TD's came from botched kickoffs in the first half where we literally gave then the ball 20 or 30 yards from the end zone and who's not gonna score from there with an Alabama commit at qb. But that's just my opinion.

like to call out kids ? 

1. #27 runs scared? He had 17 carries for 86 yards. Avg. 5.1 a carry  1 TD .plus a 72 yard TD return.

Yep but still tip toes through open holes

2 corners are weak? The defense gave up 273 passing yards to a Alabama commit  who has 728 passing yards in 3 games averaging 242 a game passing with 11 td's.

****NOTICE: Thats why I said all 3 games, so as not to imply that I was strictly talking about the Channelview game. have read  . i stated (all 3 games) with anticipation of this response. You should read everything !

3.ran around end all night? How did #7 the fullback end up with 14 carries for 80 yards and a TD?

NOT the first half , kept trying the same pitch off-tackle. It took an entire half to notice the three man front ?

4.D-backs too slow. We had two sophomores back there starting there first game due to some injuries. Going against a quality QB and a team with 1512 total yards in 3 games.  That's a avg. Of 500 yards a game.

I did'nt say the  Vidors D-Backs were slow. I said " They were slow to cover the Slot Receiver in twins and trips sets. It takes 10 seconds after the defense gets to the line for the D-backs to cover the receiver. Not talking about the cornerbacks on the wide outs. D - Backs need to access the situation faster , they need to recognize trips and twins sets faster and get in position to cover whoever the corner is not covering. Get it Now ?

6. Politically correct? Get your facts straight before u start calling anyone out. Especially kids.by the way my name is Corey berg.

I have my facts straight and I didn't call out anyone by name. Youre the one throwing names around

Do you read the other threads ? What I said is nothing compared to what is said about other teams, you just have really thin skin!

im assuming since you are so butt hurt about the truth that you must have relations with the team (special interest).

That name means nothing to me .

I  bet you won't Sign your name

GROW UP

Edited by El Guapo

robanadna worried about where he needs to be concerned with where his team is at.

robanadana was in Mason, Tx unfortunately with no computer or phone service however, it didn't take long to stir you sc clowns up. I would love to have y'all on the schedule for next year. Credit goes to Channelview and their D1 player Mr. HURDS. This was reflected in my pick'ems....have a look for yourself. I'm very happy with our preseason results and the tough schedule we've played. We could go back to the 4A ranks and weaker 5As and Catholic schools so we could have a good record going into district but what does that gain you? I would rather be 0-3 and battle tested...seems to me if we cut out our turnovers it would have been a closer game; I gave us about a 5% chance anyway. We need to heal up, get our starting corners back and work on the turnover issue. We all know Neuman has seen the game film and that pooch kick will show up against us. The Mighty Pirates will be just fine; play hard and keep your heads UP!!!

Edited by robanadana