San AntonIo Players target Ref

CougarCal

Dove, are you saying that the players actions are justified if in fact the referee did use the N word?  If a referee had called me a Cracker, I would not have felt justified to do what these boys did.

i dont think he is saying its justified, if it happened he needs to be reprimanded as well. 

Sorry - and I know which side I am on - but they have contacted the players from Marble Falls and they stated they did not hear any racial slurs and if the ref had any complaints about using racial slurs in the past that would have already come out - so this is a first time for that type of action during his previous 14 years - kinda makes you wonder.

Again regardless of if he used a slur - and I have my doubts - this action would never be justified in my opinion.

OK if he indeed said it you should have reported it before you to action. Just as if you got into a fight at the game, you left the game went home got a weapon and came back. In the law eyes you are now wrong, because once you walked away you wasn't at harm. Same here if the kids would have walked away and told the right people, only one would have done wrong.

Dove, are you saying that the players actions are justified if in fact the referee did use the N word?  If a referee had called me a Cracker, I would not have felt justified to do what these boys did.

Nope, the players should have reported it and the ref would have denied it. Cracker ain't no bad bad word. I have with my snacks sometimes.

Nope, the players should have reported it and the ref would have denied it. Cracker ain't no bad bad word. I have with my snacks sometimes.

But if they had reported it to to lead ref it would be on record and no questions would be needed if they had done that - from what I have read they (if they did at all) only complained to the Asst, Coach and he when first confronted by the accusation all that was stated was that they needed to get back at the ref for the bad call that ejected 2 players and  there was no mention at that time (from what I read) of any racial slur - as that came up later.   

Any coach knows that if there is a problem you go straight to the lead ref and voice any complaints - in this case the information was not even mentioned to the head coach much less the proper ref to handle the situation.  There is a process and way that all things should be handled in this case (1) ref makes slur comment or bad call (2) inform a coach on the sidelines who if not the head coach he should inform the head coach (3) the head coach should immediately talk to the lead ref and express his / her concerns and finally (4) the head coach or athletic director should immediately after the game file a complaint with the whoever is in charge of the district and also to the refs association for further action.

I have been involved in a few situations were a compliant needed to be filed and know of several others and have never heard of one that if serious in nature waited until it made the news first most are filed that same evening of the action - that is the main reason that I have my doubts about this claim.

Latest update from Blindsided ref, Sorry if this is a repost, Ref stated he did not use a racial slur.

This is the hidden content, please
#

i wouldn't say I did either regardless of if i said it or not lol. He's doing exactly what he is supposed to do. im surprised he hasnt pressed charges yet. 

Athletic officials investigating the incident say they’re concerned that the “culture” on the football team could have had a negative influence.

“There seems to be some incidents as reported by the officials that the behavior of the sideline and the players in the game could signal that there is a cultural issue,” University Interscholastic League Executive Director Charles Breithaupt said.

I know nothing of the team or its reputation but if they were not well "managed" you gotta wonder if the head coach and / or athletic director may be in trouble as well.

I also wonder Mr. B Garrity while no charges - only reason I wonder about the "whole story".  As the saying goes now we have to wait for the REST OF THE STORY to unfold - Dang I just dated myself - :)

Athletic officials investigating the incident say they’re concerned that the “culture” on the football team could have had a negative influence.

“There seems to be some incidents as reported by the officials that the behavior of the sideline and the players in the game could signal that there is a cultural issue,” University Interscholastic League Executive Director Charles Breithaupt said.

I know nothing of the team or its reputation but if they were not well "managed" you gotta wonder if the head coach and / or athletic director may be in trouble as well.

I also wonder Mr. B Garrity while no charges - only reason I wonder about the "whole story".  As the saying goes now we have to wait for the REST OF THE STORY to unfold - Dang I just dated myself - :)

West side kids, I said it previously, that's why I wasn't surprised about this happening. ;)

I believe they had a brawl today in the cafeteria at breakfast this morning, at least thats what Jay HS students were saying on twitter. 

I used to go out to San Antonio when I was a little younger, there's a reason I stayed my rear out of trouble by staying on the Northeast side of town :)

falsely accusing someone of racism should be a hate crime. Need to stop all of this usage of claiming racism to try and receive a get out of jail free card.

the accusation against the official should have never been made public. It leads me to believe that someone out there feels like this is justification.

there is no justification for what they did.

no discussion needs to be had honestly.

Just to play devils advocate and not defending their actions cause like most of you I've seen a lot of football but never this kind of action towards an official. Remember, these are young kids that made a bad decision in the heat of the moment. Not knowing what instigated their actions one can only assume (u know what that means), if they were getting hosed on calls all night and the coaches were feed up with getting as one called it, cheated, then I can see where a young, impressionable mind might take matters into his or their own hands. Right, there is no place for what occurred, but in no way should this be a death sentence to the others. We are a Nation that believes in forgiveness so I say let them do the "time" ( some form of rehabilitation) for the act and move on. IMO it's not assault since it occurred with tensions running high. I'm sure some of you that are crucifying these kids have done way worse just didn't have a camera convenient!

Just to play devils advocate and not defending their actions cause like most of you I've seen a lot of football but never this kind of action towards an official. Remember, these are young kids that made a bad decision in the heat of the moment. Not knowing what instigated their actions one can only assume (u know what that means), if they were getting hosed on calls all night and the coaches were feed up with getting as one called it, cheated, then I can see where a young, impressionable mind might take matters into his or their own hands. Right, there is no place for what occurred, but in no way should this be a death sentence to the others. We are a Nation that believes in forgiveness so I say let them do the "time" ( some form of rehabilitation) for the act and move on. IMO it's not assault since it occurred with tensions running high. I'm sure some of you that are crucifying these kids have done way worse just didn't have a camera convenient!

you need to stop drinking the water from the san jacinto river........

This wasn't a "heat of the moment" issue. That might be shoving another player that is in your face or yelling a profanity at an official after a call.

In this case the play had ended, another play was called and two players had to get together in what is basically a conspiracty to team up on the ref. I think people might be a bit more accepting of "a mistake" if it had actually been something that happened in the heat of a play.

This was a planned attack on a person that was hatched after the previous play was over and both teams got to go to their respective huddles. There simply was no heat of the moment issue. 

The idea that others have done worse is trying to rationalize extreme bad behavior. 

This wasn't a "heat of the moment" issue. That might be shoving another player that is in your face or yelling a profanity at an official after a call.

In this case the play had ended, another play was called and two players had to get together in what is basically a conspiracty to team up on the ref. I think people might be a bit more accepting of "a mistake" if it had actually been something that happened in the heat of a play.

This was a planned attack on a person that was hatched after the previous play was over and both teams got to go to their respective huddles. There simply was no heat of the moment issue. 

The idea that others have done worse is trying to rationalize extreme bad behavior. 

Apparently you've never played football cause the entire time your on the field in that particular event it is heat of the moment. Players get frustrated if they feel as though they're being cheated on every down believe me just come to a game of the team that plays on FM2100, seems as though that target has extended beyond the teams they play, but luckily they're well disciplined and properly coached. Again, not condoning just giving a different perspective since NO one else has!!