San AntonIo Players target Ref

CougarCal

@HuffingtonPost: The teen football plofficialsrs seen tackling a ref have been suspended from their school and team

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please

I get the feeling ref might press charges. 

I would Buddy. You just can't touch officials period.

Unbelievable.  What kind of thugs do they have at John Jay high school. Certainly they need to be suspended from school, but jail time and community service might be warranted as well.  Have to wonder what that coaching staff  is teaching its players as well.

they have their fair share imma leave it at that. Like I said previously: im not really surprised. 

So they are mad that 2 of their teammates was ejected from game. Why they didn't run into their teammates for getting kicked out. I don't know the kids or want to call out no ones kid, but the dumb mistakes they make. Think kids before you react, some things you can't turn around and just say sorry. So if any young men are on this board, just think. You represent more than just you, when you leave home everyday. One mistake can cause you your life or someone else life. Hope that ref wasn't seriously hurt.

So everybody wants these kids to get arrested and thrown in jail, suspended from school and never have the chance of playing football again, but when NFL players beat their wives/girlfriends, abuse their children, get DUI's, kill's dogs, uses drugs etc, etc they receive a suspension and are allowed the opportunity of having a second chance to come back in the league and make millions of dollars. SMDH, they are kids that made a mistake don't you think they deserve a second chance?

So everybody wants these kids to get arrested and thrown in jail, suspended from school and never have the chance of playing football again, but when NFL players beat their wives/girlfriends, abuse their children, get DUI's, kill's dogs, uses drugs etc, etc they receive a suspension and are allowed the opportunity of having a second chance to come back in the league and make millions of dollars. SMDH, they are kids that made a mistake don't you think they deserve a second chance?

Suspended: yep. Thrown in jail: no. No more football this season: yep! 

This isn't the nfl and we all know they have issues and know why, is it right? Nope. College the same as well. 

What does the NFL have to do with it? 

Nothing.... BUT, if a player from the NFL assaults someone, I want him arrested. If you haven't noticed, many of them have been. 

As far as the "coming back", they are paid millions by millionaires and are under contract. There is a huge different between a person that you contract and a student that plays a voluntary sport with strict rules on behavior. The comparison with pro sports is just plain silly. A millionaire might be able to hire a great defense team and beat a murder rap. Does that mean we should do away with penalties for murder? 

A mistake is forgetting to do your homework and claiming the dog ate it. Committing what might be an intentional felony assault is not a "mistake". If any of the players is 17, he is already an adult and can face the maximum criminal sentence. I am not suggesting that they should get 20 years in prison but they shouldn't get away with it because, "the NFL doesn't get punished enough" or it was just "a mistake". 

yes they should be arrested because thr nfl does a poor job of policing them selves in no way give these punks a free pass

Nothing.... BUT, if a player from the NFL assaults someone, I want him arrested. If you haven't noticed, many of them have been. 

As far as the "coming back", they are paid millions by millionaires and are under contract. There is a huge different between a person that you contract and a student that plays a voluntary sport with strict rules on behavior. The comparison with pro sports is just plain silly. A millionaire might be able to hire a great defense team and beat a murder rap. Does that mean we should do away with penalties for murder? 

A mistake is forgetting to do your homework and claiming the dog ate it. Committing what might be an intentional felony assault is not a "mistake". If any of the players is 17, he is already an adult and can face the maximum criminal sentence. I am not suggesting that they should get 20 years in prison but they shouldn't get away with it because, "the NFL doesn't get punished enough" or it was just "a mistake". 

completly agree with this.

Quite Frankly in theory = Yes I do.

Sorry these kids did not "make a mistake" they planned and executed assault on another person - they were in full pads and the 2nd player used his helmet to spear the ref and was just lucky there were not serious injuries.  You rationalize this assault because the NFL players get away with crimes - what a stretch.  Maybe just maybe if we taught thugs a lesson at a young age than the ones that do make the NFL they might just be better people.  Do they deserve a 2nd chance that is up to information that I do not have like have they been a problem before - perhaps they do but after serious penalties have been levied.  

Just for the record I don't like it either when a college or NFL player gets away with a crime either and think something like not being able to play the sport they love and makes them a living might just change that fact - punish a handful with serious penalties and you will see a decrease in these actions overnight.

The NFL has a lot to do with this, kids in HS are influenced by the actions of professionals that are displayed on Sunday afternoons. 

The NFL should be a privalege to be a part of, not I'm am a talented person and can do what I want to do type of place. 

The only difference between a NFL player and a HS player is the talent level and money an NFL player makes. The NFL or any job for the matter of this conversation is "Voluntary". An NFL player can quit at anytime he chooses or can be released at anytime an owner wants a player released. 

A mistake is a mistake no matter how small or large of a mistake it is. Do you think these two boys would do it all over again if they knew what they know now? Sure some mistakes bear a heavier penalty than others. I by no means am saying these two boys are in the right and I am not saying these boys shouldn't be punished, but I find it silly that people mention 20 years in prison for them.

People are silly viewing a sports star on their favorite team as a stand up guy no matter how long their rap sheet is from the past. Just because they are talented and can help their team win they are allowed to get away with more. 

Just because you have millions of dollars and can afford a better defense is bull you know what. So if two players in the NFL or college  do this how long do they get suspended for and how long before their millions of dollars buy them back in the league?