San AntonIo Players target Ref

CougarCal

I understand what you're saying. I did a couple of "heat of the moments", but to opposing players.  I've also watched, as I'm sure you have, hundreds of games.  In all those, never seen, nor heard of a player attacking officials.  Have you?  The media reported the first, as they should, and now another. 

Do you really think a slap on the hand will be suffice?  That it'll stop?  I'm no genius, but if that's how you see it, we'll have to agree to disagree. 

^Sure let's look em throw away the key and give up on em!! Wonder how many people would not be successful and contributors to society with that mindset. It's not assault when it occurs in the heat of the moment ( the entire game)!!

So just to make sure that I understand if you make "a mistake" in the "heat of the moment" that changes everything - well I do agree that is a different way of looking at the issue.

But the statement that it is NOT assault if it happens in the heat of the moment is - well just wrong - assault is assault regardless of the motivation or circumstances.  Why I disagree with you is that this was a planned attack, mistake, assault, beating ..... whatever you want to call it and they should be seriously punished for it.  It is my opinion that if they are severely punished they might just find a way to become successful and contributors to society - if they are given a pass maybe not so much in this entitled world that we currently live in.

^again, not condoning just think that far greater injustices occur that go unpunished, this event just happen to be in the spotlight. As for the officials and not knowing the exact situation, I'm not so sure something didn't occur between himself and the sidelines, I've seen plenty of good officials and plenty of smug, arrogant, you're here for me not the kids, combative, types as well. Of course I'm also not 30 rows up in the reserve section and can hear some of the onfield exchanges. Example; if there would have been video / social media in 1985 when WO-S beat Sterling on a phantom Penetration call that the refs later admitted their fallacy, I can guarantee you if it weren't for certain level headed people the referees would have been assaulted. So the temptation is there, but in this case it was acted out in the heat of the battle, not assault. Again, playing devils advocate to not be so quick to judge til you're in that situation!!

@BSO: Texas High School Football Player Shoves Ref (Video)

This is the hidden content, please
via @thacover2

Another in that area. 

Not sure all are aware, but there's been another attack in the San Antonio area.   This should be a concern to all that love High School sports (no teams as vicious as some girls sports lol).  Anyway, I'm for sever swift punishment.  If anyone has something that'll be better, and can explain why, please post. I'd personally hate to see my suggestion implemented, just can't think of anything else 

^again, not condoning just think that far greater injustices occur that go unpunished, this event just happen to be in the spotlight. As for the officials and not knowing the exact situation, I'm not so sure something didn't occur between himself and the sidelines, I've seen plenty of good officials and plenty of smug, arrogant, you're here for me not the kids, combative, types as well. Of course I'm also not 30 rows up in the reserve section and can hear some of the onfield exchanges. Example; if there would have been video / social media in 1985 when WO-S beat Sterling on a phantom Penetration call that the refs later admitted their fallacy, I can guarantee you if it weren't for certain level headed people the referees would have been assaulted. So the temptation is there, but in this case it was acted out in the heat of the battle, not assault. Again, playing devils advocate to not be so quick to judge til you're in that situation!!

So if there is a bad call by an official and that ends the game.  Once the official leaves the field and is attacked by a parent.  Is that assault or "heat of the moment"?

Edited by justsaying

So if there is a bad call by an official and that ends the game.  Once the official leaves the field and is attacked by a parent.  Is that assault or "heat of the moment"?

I think you just follow him home and whoop his behind in front of his family. I mean, he deserves it, right? Cost you a high school football game.

Imagine what happens if it's something really important.

Depends on if the ref directly interacted with my kid in a manner I deemed inappropriate or if another parent feels the same about their child. All situations can be different. You can use hypotheticals all day long, but at the end of the day in my opinion it depends on the situation. I could give several accounts where the umpire or referees were less than cordial and they are not all saints. I guess that comes from being involved, paying attention to the game, and not just a one time occurrence, but multiple ones. Some folks that "just go to the game" and do not understand it see it differently and are the first ones to scream assault and put the refs on a pedestal as if they can do no wrong. Probably a liberal democrat as well!!

Depends on if the ref directly interacted with my kid in a manner I deemed inappropriate or if another parent feels the same about their child. All situations can be different. You can use hypotheticals all day long, but at the end of the day in my opinion it depends on the situation. I could give several accounts where the umpire or referees were less than cordial and they are not all saints. I guess that comes from being involved, paying attention to the game, and not just a one time occurrence, but multiple ones. Some folks that "just go to the game" and do not understand it see it differently and are the first ones to scream assault and put the refs on a pedestal as if they can do no wrong. Probably a liberal democrat as well!!

I assume u mean me.   First,  I played college football and my son has been offered a full scholarship to Rice so I would say I am involved.   

Second.  I voted Republican last time.  

Come up with something better 

I assume u mean me.   First,  I played college football and my son has been offered a full scholarship to Rice so I would say I am involved.   

Second.  I voted Republican last time.  

Come up with something better 

You know what happens when you assume. I was actually making a generalized statement. However, it did allow you to get a few plugs in, I'm "justsaying"

you sir are delusional

This is Texas and high school football is sacred!!

Which is exactly why the sanctity of the sport needs to be upheld!! 

They knew exactly what they were doing.  They may not have thought through the consequences and you know what...most people who do boneheaded things don't think through the consequences, but they do recognize right from wrong.  At some point, the the lame reason "for" outweighs the right reason for "not", and that is a direct correlation to their character or the lack thereof!!  So let's just kick them out of the football and let them go on their merry way.  If they can justify the reason for doing something as heinous as attacking a helpless ref in the back for throwing a teammate out of the game, what would/could they do for some other reason elsewhere??  Call it speculation if you want, but they have already shown their character and kicking them out of football will probably not make them think twice the next time they feel slighted.  But make it worthwhile and I guarantee the odds of thinking a bit more about the consequences of their actions before doing so will greatly increase.

Which is exactly why the sanctity of the sport needs to be upheld!! 

They knew exactly what they were doing.  They may not have thought through the consequences and you know what...most people who do boneheaded things don't think through the consequences, but they do recognize right from wrong.  At some point, the the lame reason "for" outweighs the right reason for "not", and that is a direct correlation to their character or the lack thereof!!  So let's just kick them out of the football and let them go on their merry way.  If they can justify the reason for doing something as heinous as attacking a helpless ref in the back for throwing a teammate out of the game, what would/could they do for some other reason elsewhere??  Call it speculation if you want, but they have already shown their character and kicking them out of football will probably not make them think twice the next time they feel slighted.  But make it worthwhile and I guarantee the odds of thinking a bit more about the consequences of their actions before doing so will greatly increase.

Now let's go after the character of a kid after, during the process of a game, makes an inexcusable mistake for whatever (speculated) reason while the juices are flowing and the heat of the battle is still present. Nice, I'm glad I live in a nation where you are guilty until proven innocent oh wait that's wrong it's suppose to be the other way around. Again, not condoning nor ignoring that I don't know all the facts, all I'm saying is people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones cause I'm sure a lot worse has been done by many even on here you just didn't get caught!!

Now let's go after the character of a kid after, during the process of a game, makes an inexcusable mistake for whatever (speculated) reason while the juices are flowing and the heat of the battle is still present. Nice, I'm glad I live in a nation where you are guilty until proven innocent oh wait that's wrong it's suppose to be the other way around. Again, not condoning nor ignoring that I don't know all the facts, all I'm saying is people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones cause I'm sure a lot worse has been done by many even on here you just didn't get caught!!

YES, that's exactly what I'm doing...questioning his/their character.  That is EXACTLY what this is about!!!

@KTREnews: There has been two altercations between HS players and officials in the last two weeks. East Texas coaches react:

bcQdn

Now hypothetically since that seems to be a theme on here, ask them that same question immediately after they step off the field after the referees just cost them the game on a pass interference call or an east Texas math calculated penetrations addition faux pas. I'd be willing to bet not so cordial or classy if they have any shred of competivness within their fibers!!

Now hypothetically since that seems to be a theme on here, ask them that same question immediately after they step off the field after the referees just cost them the game on a pass interference call or an east Texas math calculated penetrations addition faux pas. I'd be willing to bet not so cordial or classy if they have any shred of competivness within their fibers!!

Cordial and classy has NOTHING to do with being competitive. I compete between the white lines under the "rules of competition".. Anything outside those white lines is governed by the "rule of law".

Go crazy, Just be prepared for the consequences.

Plus one I stated the same thing at the beginning of this post and got crucified for stating the same thing.

I never said I condoned the actions of the kids, but until you are placed in the same exact situation as the two boys were placed in (Which we don't know what exactly led to this and probably never will, because there are always two sides of a story and popular opinion automatically takes refs side) you don't know how you would react. You can hope that you would react differently and you can say what you would do in any moment until thrust into that situation you just really and truly don't know.

The heat of the moment could possibly lead to after the game if your frustration levels and adrenaline are through the roof, again you just don't know until in that situation.

I have not seen anywhere in a news article that says this is the first time for this to ever happen. It just got captured on video, same thing as Ray Rice. He would still be playing in the NFL if it wasn't on video, just like all the other idiots (Adrian Peterson) are.

What if it was your child that did this? Would you want the legal system to get involved and lock them up? If you can honestly say you would want the book thrown at them then you have other issues.

Hopefully for these boys they have a strong family support system and it is a life lesson for the both of them. I stated previously that we don't know anything about these boys. They maybe model citizens that have never gotten in any trouble, but I see where people automatically profile them because they are from the West Side of San Antonio, so they must be of low character.

Plus one I stated the same thing at the beginning of this post and got crucified for stating the same thing.

I never said I condoned the actions of the kids, but until you are placed in the same exact situation as the two boys were placed in (Which we don't know what exactly led to this and probably never will, because there are always two sides of a story and popular opinion automatically takes refs side) you don't know how you would react. You can hope that you would react differently and you can say what you would do in any moment until thrust into that situation you just really and truly don't know.

The heat of the moment could possibly lead to after the game if your frustration levels and adrenaline are through the roof, again you just don't know until in that situation.

I have not seen anywhere in a news article that says this is the first time for this to ever happen. It just got captured on video, same thing as Ray Rice. He would still be playing in the NFL if it wasn't on video, just like all the other idiots (Adrian Peterson) are.

What if it was your child that did this? Would you want the legal system to get involved and lock them up? If you can honestly say you would want the book thrown at them then you have other issues.

Hopefully for these boys they have a strong family support system and it is a life lesson for the both of them. I stated previously that we don't know anything about these boys. They maybe model citizens that have never gotten in any trouble, but I see where people automatically profile them because they are from the West Side of San Antonio, so they must be of low character.

Excellent post, we live in a country that is suppose to gather all the facts before we presume guilt. Unfortunately, that rarely occurs. The same people that are going around and saying throw the book are probably the first ones to start screaming and quoting their amendment rifghts if they're wronged. Due process exists for a reason and like I said the video is damning and inexcusable but in the heat of the moment how would you react if (hearsay) you've been pushed to your breaking point. Taking the politically correct stance here is easy, but going against the grain may sometimes open up your thoughts and eyes....