San AntonIo Players target Ref

CougarCal

This is the hidden content, please

Does anyone know if the official was hurt? I can't find anything anywhere that says he was.

It is according to what you call "hurt". If he felt "pain", it is an injury under the TX Penal Code. If you are asking something like did he break a bone, I doubt it or we would have heard by now. 

Wow, fouled this up.

Bottom line, agreeing with ndomakong about always more.  

Now the Asst Coach.  Did he directly tell players to "get Ref", or just rambling in frustration on the sideline to God or Lucifer, "Somsbody needs to knock the feces out of that guy".   

Just hope all the truth comes out.  

Edited by REBgp

This my thoughts if a person uses racial comments toward you, your parent advice should over power their words. People say many things, and racial slurs are used by all race. Now you are what you react to, because by simply saying and doing nothing would have made him look like all that was coming out his mouth. I personally feel it's a compared story to justify their actions. Be honest if he called them the N word, they shouldn't be mad. If you listen to their conversation with friends of different race, they all call themselves that on the norm. The correct thing to do was play your game, report this to your coach and parents. As for as the coach, his actions should cost him his job. My reason is he encouraged and messed up two young kids future, who he was suppose to help guide while in his care.

Edited by MAYFIELD

If and a big "if" the ref used a slur, he should never be allowed to officiate again, but in 14 years of officiating, there has never been a problem with this guy.  If he used a slur with those kids, I'm sure he had used it before.  However; there aren't any complaints that have come to light against this guy.  If he didn't, that's really slanderish what these kids are saying.  Coaches say things all of the time in the heat of the moment.  Just go to an STJFL game and listen sometimes.

While I was not there and arguably do not know for 100% certain - I would be seriously surprised if a 14 year officiating veteran would "use the N word" during a game.  If he had the tendency to do that he would have been exposed and relieved of his duties years ago.   My take at this time is to think that this is the way for the students and coaches to try and cast the spotlight away from them an onto the ref - and if that is the case then that is quite likely worse than the original hit.

You can bet they will look at every game the past couple of years this ref did and do a thorough investigation.  I totally "trust" the UIL.  

why.?...no matter what he said or did doesn't justify the actions of the football players.

Granted if he did cheat or use racial slurs he should be punished, but again doesn't justify the actions of the football players.

Edited by 5GallonBucket

Man one of the coaches been put on leave, for telling kids that ref needs to pay for his racial slurs and ejection.

civil action is going to hurt them and the school district the most.

sorry mayfield for some reason it keeps sticking this quote in my text

Edited by fox

@tjholmes: Major development NOW: A John Jay assistant coach is on administrative leave after players alleged he suggested ref "should pay."

@tjholmes: NOW: Northside Independent School District has filed a complaint about racial slur allegations against referee. #Refereehit

@tjholmes: NOW: school officials say head coach was NOT aware an asst coach had suggested to players that ref should "pay for cheating us." #refereehit

@tjholmes: School officials say players allege referee used racial slurs on more than one occasion during the game. #refereehit

@tjholmes: Athletic director: "we have to take this opportunity to teach young people that two wrongs don't make a right." #refereehit

You ordered that Santiago wasn't to be touched but you cut those boys loose..........

A code red was ordered......