Beaumont Kelly Catholic 13 Hardin-Jefferson 12/Final

drewlsu

Jack Dallas may throw for 1000. Why would you bring a QB up that can pass to run this offense. I saw the whole game, I saw the whole Jasper game, and I saw the whole Lumberton scrimmage. I will still go by my first post. Sloan gets a pass for this year and he knows it, he is doing what most coaches would do. Dubois did the same thing to the Sr's when he took the team over change of QB, Change of RB's all of them under class men. It is very seldom good news for a Sr. when a new coach takes over.

I see a coach using the preseason games to season his younger players to increase depth...smart coaches don't make winning the number one priority in the preseason games.  I do understand there is a balance to be had as not deflate your team, but a new coach trying get a handle on the finer details equals trial and error which is not the best combination for winning early on but could be the key to winning when it counts...just my thoughts.

Jack Dallas may throw for 1000. Why would you bring a QB up that can pass to run this offense. I saw the whole game, I saw the whole Jasper game, and I saw the whole Lumberton scrimmage. I will still go by my first post. Sloan gets a pass for this year and he knows it, he is doing what most coaches would do. Dubois did the same thing to the Sr's when he took the team over change of QB, Change of RB's all of them under class men. It is very seldom good news for a Sr. when a new coach takes over.

The only reason I brought it up because you talked about a non-existing passing game. Regardless of how it turns out I will support the kids and the coaches and hope for a injury free season for all.  I will continue to have my son work to the best of his God given ability and hope that eventually he can contribute a small piece to the grand scheme which is the TEAM.

Equation for HJ is easy to see. New coach setting up his future team. He is playing (starting) 4 sophomores, his sophomore corner is a good athlete but not ready for this role. This is easily seen as he has been burned for the most part on every long pass play thrown to his side. Another sophomore is starting at middle linebacker (and getting man handled) while several Sr.'s capable of playing this position sit the bench including a Sr. that was all district linebacker last year (wtf). No pass game PERIOD, if I was a defensive coordinator playing against them I would put 10 in the box and dare them to beat me. His sophomore running back looks like he is trying to find a place to fall every time he gets the ball in his hand. Sad state for these Sr.'s as it is always is when a new coach takes over as their final season is a scratch to this new coach building his future team sorry about that boys but it won't get better. HJ may win one game against Liberty this year.

HJ doesn't throw the ball well.  They haven't in a few years which is why they went to a misdirection offense in the first place. The purest passer on the team is a freshman.  I'm sure Sloan and his OC felt like they could improve that but it still seems to be a weakness in the offense, regardless of who the qb is.  As far as playing the underclassman over seniors...if you know who the kids are you know the sophomore class is strong especially in the skill position.  The sophmores who are playing should be playing.  If there are seniors with experience that arent playing there must be a reason behind it.  All the senior linebackers start on offense so I'd think the lack of defensive play might be to keep fresh for what is being talked about as a struggling offense.  You might see 5 sophomores on the field defensively at any time.  Hopefully they wont continued to get manhandled.  Seems like the quote from above sounds like the parent of a senior who isn't getting a whole lot of playing time.  Apparently the senior leadership on this football team has been a question since the offseason.  

Well as I said I do not have a kid on the team, also not sure how you judge a freshman as a "pure passer", but I hope you are right. Also I never said these sophomores were not talented I said they are  in over their head and it shows. As far as the sophomore players that are playing should be playing, I would suggest you go watch the film. Plain and simple these sophomores are not up to speed with the pace of the varsity game. They do not have the size nor the talent to hang with the bigger and stronger upperclassmen they will face. Hopefully it will all pan out and in a year are so we can get back to a winning record, as far as this year if play remains consistent I say we go 1-9 with a win over Liberty. Of course IF we beat Liberty, we will get the participation trophy of getting to go the the playoffs with a 1-3 district record.

Well as I said I do not have a kid on the team, also not sure how you judge a freshman as a "pure passer", but I hope you are right. Also I never said these sophomores were not talented I said they are  in over their head and it shows. As far as the sophomore players that are playing should be playing, I would suggest you go watch the film. Plain and simple these sophomores are not up to speed with the pace of the varsity game. They do not have the size nor the talent to hang with the bigger and stronger upperclassmen they will face. Hopefully it will all pan out and in a year are so we can get back to a winning record, as far as this year if play remains consistent I say we go 1-9 with a win over Liberty. Of course IF we beat Liberty, we will get the participation trophy of getting to go the the playoffs with a 1-3 district record.

Well since you are such a great HJ Fan(with no kids on the team) why not try being a little more supportive instead of all the negative you're throwing out there. I sure hope those Sophomores make you eat crow this coming week. From what I hear Sloan is also big on work-ethic and leadership; so if a kid is out there busting his butt every day vs. a kid sitting back and just going thru the motions who would you put in? That being said I wouldn't think Sloan would just put a kid out there to "build a program" and risk his job/credibility when there is a better kid sitting on the bench. 

I'm starting to put 2 and 2 together by the verbage and our 1 on 1 talks. At Band Camp if you are who I think your are #1 this is cowardly #2 tell your son to step up as a leader. You do have a kid on the team because of the email address it came from. 

Edited by demons95

I think the folks in Sour Lake and China need to take a step back and breathe a little bit.  I will tell y'all what I told your Week 4 opponents at LC-M, that there will be opportunity the next 2 weeks to work kinks out against opponents who are also struggling out of the gate.  It will give time for Coach Sloan and staff to evaluate the spread option to determine what needs to be done, up to and including junking it and going back to the slot T.  And I am quite sure that he will have the correct personnel to operate on both offense and defense.

Also, a ray of optimism is the landscape of 4A-II, Region III where it looks like the folks out of District 9 could be big players, even the 4th place team.