Woodville-Shelbyville-Corrigan-Camden/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

corrigan 1- Woodville 0 , shelbyville 1- corrigan 0, shelbyville 1- woodville 0. woodville has a lot of big kids and very good numbers. corrigan has good backs plays hard and physical like they always have. shelbyville is very physical,they also have good backs and a very fast defense. shelbyville - burrell and corrigan - johnson are two of the best backs around. very good scrimmages to watch.

your are right, the measure of success is outscoring a powerhouse team like Woodville in a scrimmage. That obviously vaults them to the top of their region.

Well the fact that they were good last year, returned 18 starters, and return quite possibly the most complete back in the region. THAT vaults them too the top of their region. Thanks for your input though. It's much appreciated. 

Eagleswoodville please give a honest opinion of the above scrimmage. I see a huge problem. why are we unable to run up the middle. Shelbyville is good Corrigan is in a rebuilding mode and Woodville should be in the playoffs  With at least a 7-3 record. WE may be at 5-5 if not worse. 

Who exactly do you see us losing to outside of EC, Kville, Buna, and Kountze? Anahuac, who we beat 28-0 last year?

And I wasn't at the scrimmage. I hope to be at the next one though. Execution on offense has been our problem so far from what I'm hearing. As if that wasn't obvious.

Edited by eagleswoodville#1

Eagleswoodville please give a honest opinion of the above scrimmage. I see a huge problem. why are we unable to run up the middle. Shelbyville is good Corrigan is in a rebuilding mode and Woodville should be in the playoffs  With at least a 7-3 record. WE may be at 5-5 if not worse.

Since when is Corrigan rebuilding? From what I seen Friday they will be just fine again this year. May not be state champ caliper but we will make the playoffs.

Since when is Corrigan rebuilding? From what I seen Friday they will be just fine again this year. May not be state champ caliper but we will make the playoffs.

Teams like Corrigan, Newton, EC, and Kirbyville have passed the realm of "good team" and are now overall good programs that develop talent and will continue to be goof for years to come. The only real debate is how good they will be. They are always a playoff contender.

Corrigan is not the Corrigan of old, They are solid at running back. They will struggle to make 3rd place. Crockett will win district followed by Newton and a toss up between Corrigan and Garrison. Most in Corrigan are expecting a down year.

I never said they were the Corrigan of old. I was there Friday and they need work but are good enough to come in at least 3rd in the district no lower. My predictions for district are: Newton, Corrigan, Crockett, Hemphill, Garrison, D-Ville. I do believe that Hemphill has enough coming back to make a run at finally getting back to the playoffs. Corrigan/Crockett could go either way. I do also believe everyone whos mascot is not an Eagle will be done in the first round.