Sorry

I have deep respect for Coach Stew but his coaching style and abilities to motivate young men doesn't hold a candle to Coach Rio and his staff. You just think Crosby's little brother had a dynasty, sit back, relax, and put on your seatbelt cause this is gonna be a ride you've never seen before!! 

So I guess Stewart didn't have a "coaching style and abilities" that didn't "motivate young men"? I don't think Dayton would have became a "dynasty" if he didn't. To bad he isn't still HC So we could see. No disrespect to Hancock, for that comment. IJS. 

Edited by Octfeb

So I guess Stewart didn't have a "coaching style and abilities" that didn't "motivate young men"? I don't think Dayton would have became a "dynasty" if he didn't. To bad he isn't still HC So we could see. No disrespect to Hancock, for that comment. IJS. 

​Wonderful comment Octfeb. I agree 100%. Stewart was right there with Dan Hooks and Barbay and Larry Neuman!!!! The best of the best. Coach Rio can hit us back up in I believe it was 18 straight season for the Broncos and near that for Nederland!!!!!

I'm relatively new to this Site.  Having to adjust to how things are done.  I see a 21-5A thread.  A Code Red thread.  Now I'm on a thread RG started defending her Raiders, yet it's  dominated by Crosby followers.  Interesting!

I'm thinking about starting one about how Evadale has dominated virtually ALL local 2A sports, with Big Sandy.  

If I do, should I invite the Crosby folks so they'll have another thread to spread their male bovine feces, or do they naturally gravitate to any location?

I remember the good years in Vidor (both of them), so I know how y'all feel.  Being a doormat for years, and now, on top of the world.  Enjoy it.  It's great.  

Even greater, a Sports record like Evadale.  Boys teams, Girls teams, in virtually all Sports, Dist Champs or runner ups.   In the 6 yrs I've lived here, don't know of any sport they haven't went to the playoffs in.  Probably are several, but the point is, they're good in them ALL.  Now that's something to brag about. 

I'm pissed about 2, 2nd rd 1 pt losses in back to back years.Here's to praying Dayt kids are reading/ feeding off the negatives,& Dayt Broncos know the HC that forever changed respect for Dayt,it is my Belief they absolutely give their very best to a former H/C, a proper retirement 20 yr straight years playoffs & add to the 29 playoff victories=purple/wh code that 29 trumps 13

I have deep respect for Coach Stew but his coaching style and abilities to motivate young men doesn't hold a candle to Coach Rio and his staff. You just think Crosby's little brother had a dynasty, sit back, relax, and put on your seatbelt cause this is gonna be a ride you've never seen before!! 

Lol. Stewart  doesn't hold a candle to rio?  Ur funny come back and talk to me in about 17 years whenever you look back and realize the furthest  Crosby ever got was in 2014. 

Who  is this team that you speak of being Crosby's  little brother? I know you can't be referring  to the team that dominates  Crosby  in the  record books. The team that Crosby was supposed  to  put away easily  last year and it took OT to win.

I'm sorry but I'm sure that just about anyone  on here besides  "code red " supporters  would pick Stewart  as a head coach over rio any day.

​Completely off topic but is that Dayton's new helmet logo as your avatar? Or just an alternate. I like it.

Funny how u people think u know coaches and how they get their point across. I sat in the locker room and heard the great Jerry Stewart and For my generation it worked. So unless your Bruce Jenner Octomom And actually have sat in a men's locker you don't have a clue. Today, no way in hell would his style work on these kids from Crosby. It's a different era and the way Coach Rio and his crew does it works. Not sayin one is better than the other,  just you have to adapt. That's what makes a great coach and Stewart would not be able to do it. 

Funny how u people think u know coaches and how they get their point across. I sat in the locker room and heard the great Jerry Stewart and For my generation it worked. So unless your Bruce Jenner Octomom And actually have sat in a men's locker you don't have a clue. Today, no way in hell would his style work on these kids from Crosby. It's a different era and the way Coach Rio and his crew does it works. Not sayin one is better than the other,  just you have to adapt. That's what makes a great coach and Stewart would not be able to do It.

You're right on that +1.  You only have to look at Tom Landry.  One of the best, most innovated coaches in his day.  But when the young players changed, he couldn't, or wouldn't change his approach. 

Lol. Stewart  doesn't hold a candle to rio?  Ur funny come back and talk to me in about 17 years whenever you look back and realize the furthest  Crosby ever got was in 2014. 

Who  is this team that you speak of being Crosby's  little brother? I know you can't be referring  to the team that dominates  Crosby  in the  record books. The team that Crosby was supposed  to  put away easily  last year and it took OT to win.

I'm sorry but I'm sure that just about anyone  on here besides  "code red " supporters  would pick Stewart  as a head coach over rio any day.

So I take it u played for him?? Or did u ever play at all?? Here's one for ya, how many head coaches have spun off the Stewart regime and been successful? That's the mark of not only a great coach(which he was), but also a great teacher of the game(not so much)! Coach Riordan (BTW when you address coaches in a post it's always respectful to put the term Coach in front of their name cause they've earned that title) on the other hand not only can coach but he can teach. There are at least 2 head coaches in the making possibly 4 right now gaining the knowledge to spread Code Red to other fortunate towns, schools, colleges one day!!

Excellent example, I'm gonna enjoy your insight this football season!!

​Plusone...I agree with you that yesterdays coaching style is for not with today's player, but I think today's coaches can still learn alot about coaching todays Football from yesterdays coaches.  I see alot of young coaches today that have poor recognition of the talent they have and therefore make poor decisions in their game. More simply put, a coach has to develop an offense and defense according to the talent he has...a coach has to recognize when it's time to re-tool (personnel) or when it's time to change direction (game plan)...Young coaches need to develop the art of the early season Chinese fire drill...LOL..."old coach savvy-ness...or something like that". Lots of seasons are lost because today's coach in many cases...not all mind you...but many fail to recognize the constraints of their talent pool and make the absolute wrong call.

I'm relatively new to this Site.  Having to adjust to how things are done.  I see a 21-5A thread.  A Code Red thread.  Now I'm on a thread RG started defending her Raiders, yet it's  dominated by Crosby followers.  Interesting!

I'm thinking about starting one about how Evadale has dominated virtually ALL local 2A sports, with Big Sandy.  

If I do, should I invite the Crosby folks so they'll have another thread to spread their male bovine feces, or do they naturally gravitate to any location?

I remember the good years in Vidor (both of them), so I know how y'all feel.  Being a doormat for years, and now, on top of the world.  Enjoy it.  It's great.  

Even greater, a Sports record like Evadale.  Boys teams, Girls teams, in virtually all Sports, Dist Champs or runner ups.   In the 6 yrs I've lived here, don't know of any sport they haven't went to the playoffs in.  Probably are several, but the point is, they're good in them ALL.  Now that's something to brag about. 

Agreed 100%. I think I might have to add another thread for Crosby.. Thinking about what I should name it. Any ideas???

Agreed 100%. I think I might have to add another thread for Crosby.. Thinking about what I should name it. Any ideas???

​Colonel Jesips Blog. Colonel Jessup (YOUR DAMN RIGHT I ORDERED THE CODE RED!)