PNG Indians - Greatest Players of All-Time???

Guest Orangeboy

I played with Cort, I'm going out on a limb and say Chase was better. Cort still plays in the Summer league I'm in, I think he's gotten better since high school.

What about Ferris Munday?

What about the Cooksey Brothers.  Wes and Jesse Cooksey.  Wes played at PNG for one year and then went to Lamar and was drafted by the Yankees.  Jesse was 1st team all-state his Sr yr and drafted by the Red Sox out of high school but went to school and hurt his shoulder.  I think those two guys should be on the top of the list!

Pitcher?  Anybody remember Kevin Lane?  I remember him throwing a No-No against Lumberton in the early 90s and beat West Orange Stark (undefeated 22-0) as a junior.

Went to Lamar.  Still one of the top pitchers on record at Lamar.  He shoved it up the Longhorns rear when they came to Beaumont in 1994

I'll throw out my stats my senior year in '98, .666 batting average with 1 strikeout. Maybe I should mention I tore my hamstring and only batted three times in the season with a gimp leg. My hits were vs. HJ and Deer Park (broke up a no no when we were getting crushed) with my one K vs BC in our last regular season game after fouling off like 5 or 6 pitches. Until then Jesse Cooksey said I would go down as the only player in PN-G varsity history to hit 1.000.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami