Update on Jaspers new fields

The soccer / football field started getting turf this morning . What I've Ben told 7th&8th 9th grade plus jv will play on new field this year not varsity because of lack of seating for this year . New baseball field will be all turf except pitcher mound

I hope they can figure out the parking to all this because if you have ever been to the Alamo stadium/WPA stadium , you would know that you might have to park 1/4 mile away without much handicap parking at all. If you are my age,walking long distances just gets to doing less  of things you love because it is to exhausting.JMHO

Like everybody that has Jasper ties, I have so many memories of the facilities there, whether it's the baseball park, the old gym at the junior high. or the Dawghouse. I hate that they're either already gone or on the way out, but it's time to move forward and I'm glad that they're finally getting it all done. It'll give the community something shiny and new to be proud of and hopefully generate more revenue so that the educators and coaches can be paid more in line with what they deserve. I hope to be able to come home sometime soon and check everything out. Go Dawgs!

I've been told several track meets have been scheduled for this year & there should be lots of play off baseball & softball games this year . I know some people it's hard to let the past go but this facility is something Jasper should be proud of

Like everybody that has Jasper ties, I have so many memories of the facilities there, whether it's the baseball park, the old gym at the junior high. or the Dawghouse. I hate that they're either already gone or on the way out, but it's time to move forward and I'm glad that they're finally getting it all done. It'll give the community something shiny and new to be proud of and hopefully generate more revenue so that the educators and coaches can be paid more in line with what they deserve. I hope to be able to come home sometime soon and check everything out. Go Dawgs!

​I have visited the stadium many time's. Although I am a Tiger fan I always enjoyed going there, sometimes I did not care for the results of the game.

Jasper and Silsbee sure had some battles in that stadium. 

Best Turkey legs around