2015 Preseason State Picks

Finally got them all on the field at once.  42-12 vs highly touted King team.

I think we're ready for a run.

It did get a lot easier for y'all at the Midlothian Whataburger Friday night. Aledo, Vandegrift, and Lake Ridge were all sent D1. Crosby and Cedar Park (maybe Tivy) is all that is in D2 that looks to have a chance to win state.

Here's mine

6A D1 - Judson over Euless Trinity 

6A D2- Katy over Westfield 

5A D1- John Tyler over Manor

5A D2- Ennis over Crosby 

4A D1- Navasota over Kennedale

4A D2- WOS over Sweetwater

3A D1- Kirbyville over Mineola 

3A D2- Elysian Fields over Newton

2A D1- Canadian over Alto 

2A D1- Bremond over Albany

1A D1- Crowell

1A D2 - Calvert

now that the brackets are out: 

6A D1 - Euless Trinity over North Shore 

6A D2- Katy over Spring

5A D2- Tivy/CP over Marshall

4A D2- WOS over Sweetwater

3A D1- Brock over Kirbyville 

3A D2- Cisco over Newton

1A D1- Crowell

1A D2 - Calvert

6A D2- Katy over Spring

3A D2- Cisco over Newton

1A D1- Crowell

1A D2 - Calvert

Would sure like to see that CP Tivy game.

6A D2- Katy over Spring

3A D2- Cisco over Newton

1A D1- Crowell

1A D2 - Calvert

Crowell and Calvert over who? Watch out for Rochelle in D1.

Finally got them all on the field at once.  42-12 vs highly touted King team.

I think we're ready for a run.

It did get a lot easier for y'all at the Midlothian Whataburger Friday night. Aledo, Vandegrift, and Lake Ridge were all sent D1. Crosby and Cedar Park (maybe Tivy) is all that is in D2 that looks to have a chance to win state.

Ya. We took criticism for our semi final run last year because it was in D2.  Well, I guess when we turn in around 1550 kids and are there are 6 high schools larger than us out of 9 in our district that's where we should go.

6A D2- Katy over Spring

3A D2- Cisco over Newton

1A D1- Crowell

1A D2 - Calvert

Did you not think Crosby was going to have to go through CP?

Ya. We took criticism for our semi final run last year because it was in D2.  Well, I guess when we turn in around 1550 kids and are there are 6 high schools larger than us out of 9 in our district that's where we should go.

I'm not criticizing, to win a state championship means you are state champions no matter what. I was just pointing out that had the playoffs been decided last week D2 would have been stacked, but 3 of the top 5 teams were switched to D1 based on either results from other games or a coin flip. It was not meant to belittle at all.

Crowell over Rochelle. Calvert over Buena Vista. (Im being bold with the Crowell pick) 

I do not think that Crowell is that bold. They are ranked 3rd and will play the winner of Borden County/Happy in the semifinals. They had an injury earlier in the year. They also have won the past two years, so I think bold would be picking Rochelle to win.

Saying that I am hoping it is Rochelle in D1 and Richland in D2 just because they are one town over from each other.

I do not think that Crowell is that bold. They are ranked 3rd and will play the winner of Borden County/Happy in the semifinals. They had an injury earlier in the year. They also have won the past two years, so I think bold would be picking Rochelle to win.

Saying that I am hoping it is Rochelle in D1 and Richland in D2 just because they are one town over from each other.

i wish I could see a Crowell vs Calvert title game 

Bg what was your early picks last year around this time

Not completely sure, its probably on here somewhere though. I know I had Navasota winning state and Wos losing state, i think I had Newton winning state. 

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity

yes. Not necessarily Crosby in the Semis, Coogs got a tough road starting 2nd round. 

Respect your opinion.  I think Crosby is about to start to peak.  If we play clean football, I think we roll to the semi's.  Then its a showdown!!!

What's funny is in one thread I hear how lucky Crosby is to have drawn D2 and then in another that we have a tough road.  Hey, it's TX HS Football.  It's tough for everybody, right!!!

Edited by Red Dawn

yes. Not necessarily Crosby in the Semis, Coogs got a tough road starting 2nd round. 

Watch PLC beat Ridge Point Thursday night. GR is even bigger than RP and PLC barely lost by one point going for two and the win. Ridge Point went to OT with 3-7 Willowridge two weeks ago and played a tight game with Texas City Friday night. I think Crosby could handle RP by a couple of tds if they play the way they did against King. Like I said though, I'm not sure they beat PLC. They beat a FB Marshall team they weren't supposed to last year. 

Watch PLC beat Ridge Point Thursday night. GR is even bigger than RP and PLC barely lost by one point going for two and the win. Ridge Point went to OT with 3-7 Willowridge two weeks ago and played a tight game with Texas City Friday night. I think Crosby could handle RP by a couple of tds if they play the way they did against King. Like I said though, I'm not sure they beat PLC. They beat a FB Marshall team they weren't supposed to last year. 

Out of likes!

CP might beat Tivy by 30 points in the area round. They can't stop good offenses, they just outscore teams a lot like the Hutto squad we beat last year. I don't care if Ridge Point is our second round matchup. The only D2 team in the state that can beat Crosby if they play their game is Cedar Park.

The way I see it playing Ridge Point isn't much different than playing King who only has about 100 less kids than them. I actually think Magnolia could be the toughest team in the region besides Crosby.

I think as far as team impact goes that JK Dobbins will be the best player in the state in the 4A classification. You could probably argue the fact that he was last year as a sophomore too. I think La Grange brings back nearly times the starters WOS does, not to mention WOS' best returning player transferred to Cy Falls. La Grange hasn't changed that much but WOS probably has which is why some people are making those picks.

wo-s had no problem not having balwin this year lots of kids ready to fill his shoes as you can see