2015 Preseason State Picks

I think that game was the turning point for both teams and they each benefited in a great way. The importance of that game cannot be overstated I think. What ever each team took away from Barbay field that night was exactly what it needed, because both teams played lights out ball after that! I ran into some WOS fans a couple of different times in convenience stores during the playoffs after the games and it was fun to talk about southeast Texas kicking their way up the ladder towards the title game. And the earlier game against each other would come up. But it was never in a negative way by them or me. But it was always how that game had been so important. 

that conversation may have been with me because I ran into some Eagle fans at a couple of stores and had that exact conversation. Supporting each other. 

Crosby is about to be healthy, finally.  I think we learn a lot vs a good CE King team.

Not sure about the being healthy part. Williams played two plays and left the game with ice on his knee. Cotten didn't play much before he had his arm in a sling and ice on his shoulder. All of this was this week at Porter

Not sure about the being healthy part. Williams played two plays and left the game with ice on his knee. Cotten didn't play much before he had his arm in a sling and ice on his shoulder. All of this was this week at Porter

Man, that kind of sums up the entire season.  Just can't get or stay healthy.  This might be the most physical game of the year also coming up.  

Crosby is about to be healthy, finally.  I think we learn a lot vs a good CE King team.

Man, that kind of sums up the entire season.  Just can't get or stay healthy.  This might be the most physical game of the year also coming up.  

We'll see.  I think Williams is close to 100%.  I think he came out vs Porter just to rest.  Several starters that could have played never touched the field.  I think Cotten could have finished the game vs Porter too.  Everyone is banged up a bit, but, minus Grace, I think we are more healthy than we've been most of district.  Plus we've found a hidden jewel in Trey Edwards ability to tote the rock.  I think we are about ready to make the final push.

Freakin CP just rolled another team. That region is nasty but I don't see anybody from that region beating them. I'm still thinking Tivy has the best chance.

Let's get to CP and then roll the dice.  If this year's Cougar team peaks like last year's, I think the CP game will be a battle.  If we don't keep improving, then yes, CP will not be stopped.

Let's get to CP and then roll the dice.  If this year's Cougar team peaks like last year's, I think the CP game will be a battle.  If we don't keep improving, then yes, CP will not be stopped.

There is still one team that has as good of shot to beat Cedar Park as Crosby, but its all up to Burleson/Crowley.

Also Lake Ridge, forgot about them, if they go D1

Edited by RaiderRed30

CP has to get past Tivy before they can think about Crosby. 

CP has to get past Tivy before they can think about Crosby. 

Don't forget Vandergrift.

Cedar Park would have Tivy 2nd Round, Calallen 3rd, and Vandergrift 4th before getting to Crosby.
Crosby would have Texas City 2nd Round, Magnolia 3rd, and College Station 4th before getting to Cedar Park.

Looking at for Division 2, Region 3 might be the second easiest to get out of. Crosby has a lot better shot to the Semifinals than Cedar Park.

Edited by RaiderRed30

Wait a minute. You must have misunderstood my statement. I'm not conceding Crosby is winning this region first off. Lol. Slow your roll. This region is wide open. Second I'm saying that the teams from that region are playing at a whole other level. Who ever makes it out of region 3 will have to play a perfect game and have a little luck to beat a team like CP or Tivy. 

Wait a minute. You must have misunderstood my statement. I'm not conceding Crosby is winning this region first off. Lol. Slow your roll. This region is wide open. Second I'm saying that the teams from that region are playing at a whole other level. Who ever makes it out of region 3 will have to play a perfect game and have a little luck to beat a team like CP or Tivy. 

I agree with you.  Not a given that Crosby wins the region.  We have to up our level of play or it will be a 2-3 round year.  If we start to put it all together, like I think we will, we have a great shot at at least a regional championship.  But yes, far from given.

It says a lot about the team because they haven't put it all together yet this year.  Between injuries and resting starters, non football people look at final scores and form "opinions".  It's all good though, last year up to this point, they hadn't peaked either.  It's going to be a tough region to get out of for sure.

I don't know if Yoe can be as good as they were last year. I know they still have their stud of a RB, but how is the QB position bc they lost a good one last year! Along with some very good players.

I have cousins that live there. Everyone there thought last year was going to be a rebuilding year for this year and possibly next. Last year they lost 4 games in the regular season. This year they lost to China Spring and their next closest game was 20 points in a monsoon. According to stats, the QB hasn't thrown as much but is more accurate at 65%.

I have cousins that live there. Everyone there thought last year was going to be a rebuilding year for this year and possibly next. Last year they lost 4 games in the regular season. This year they lost to China Spring and their next closest game was 20 points in a monsoon. According to stats, the QB hasn't thrown as much but is more accurate at 65%.

Well I guess we will see, I think EC or K-Ville will meet up with them!