Dave Campbell's Preseason Rankings

I think BH actually had a shot this year. I think they're going to be beaten pretty badly by Crosby and King but they should play some pretty competitive games with KP and New Caney for the last playoff spot. 

I can't lie though. I'm sort of rooting against BH as they bare the only team that can send Crosby D1. It would be nice to avoid the GR, Foster, Stratford and Temple's of the region. Much rather start off with a layup against PNG or Vidor. 

​BH will be stronger in a couple of years. Maybe not at the top of the district, but they will make playoffs in a couple of years in all boys sports including basketball. Mark it down, I said it first. :)

​BH will be stronger in a couple of years. Maybe not at the top of the district, but they will make playoffs in a couple of years in all boys sports including basketball. Mark it down, I said it first. :)

​​I definitely think they'll be stronger in a couple of years. I just think the rest of the district will be stronger too. I also think KP is the new BH for our district and with KP being the bigger, more athletic, better funded version of The Hill it's hard to see BH getting their spot back before KP moves to 6A.

​​I definitely think they'll be stronger in a couple of years. I just think the rest of the district will be stronger too. I also think KP is the new BH for our district and with KP being the bigger, more athletic, better funded version of The Hill it's hard to see BH getting their spot back before KP moves to 6A.

​I think district will shake up next realignment. There will be some teams moving around.

And Dayt could get sent back to 22-5a lol

I would think that's a more feasible option instead of grabbing Livingston again if Lumberton were to drop, plus it's already happened. I wonder if playing in that district would help or hurt Dayton get ready for the playoffs? You'd have to think Dayton would've gone undefeated over there last year. 

I would think that's a more feasible option instead of grabbing Livingston again if Lumberton were to drop, plus it's already happened. I wonder if playing in that district would help or hurt Dayton get ready for the playoffs? You'd have to think Dayton would've gone undefeated over there last year. 

​pretty sure Dayton had a state semifinal appearance while in that district way back when with Gregory Charles at qb, I believe that was his name. Didnt hurt em then. 

Yeah Greg Charles was a nice qb who actually ended up having a nice little college career. Dang Lake Travis started their dynasty that year against my Bronx. Also hate to bring it up but  the Ltrain beat the broncos that year in district play. That was when Lumberton had a nice little team and beat LM to make it to the 3rd round I believe.

​I wonder if these rankings were done before or after Trey Baldwin left?  I still think we will have a good team that deserves a top 5 ranking, but losing Baldwin was a major loss for us, so I'm not sure about that #1 ranking.

​Well remember last season many people thought the exact same thing when DSC left... We know how that turned out. We truly do reload at WOS. Im sure there will be some kids that come out of no where and become stars. Happens every year it seems.

​Well remember last season many people thought the exact same thing when DSC left... We know how that turned out. We truly do reload at WOS. Im sure there will be some kids that come out of no where and become stars. Happens every year it seems.

WOS will be fine and ranking means nothing. They will just have to grow up really fast because they will be young. This years team will be full of underclassmen. People let's not forget most of this years team will be the Former Orange Longhorns Players that lost the game b4 making it to Nationals in Pop Warner in 10.

WOS will be fine and ranking means nothing. They will just have to grow up really fast because they will be young. This years team will be full of underclassmen. People let's not forget most of this years team will be the Former Orange Longhorns Players that lost the game b4 making it to Nationals in Pop Warner in 10.

​I never realized that. Weren't they undefeated for a few years? Or was that the Lil' Mustangs?

​I never realized that. Weren't they undefeated for a few years? Or was that the Lil' Mustangs?

We coach (tony, Dave, miquel, Mavis, dime, que, tat) these same kids since flag football and In 5 years they lost 3 games and won 2 Super Bowls in the STJFL (Lil Mustangs) In 10 they went to Pop Warner (Orange Longhorns) only to lose a game b4 Nationals.  If anybody knows anything about the STJFL(Lil Mustsngs) they can tell you about That JR White 09 Team. These same kids ran the Spread Offense since Flag Football. Most of them will only be JR's with about 4 of them only being Sophomores. This JR Class haven't lost a game since 8th grade only lost was BC in the 7th Grade. The future is bright for the WOS Football Program. 

Edited by Kj Dad

​Ok , thats what I was thinking kent, Same team.

Weslaco East the top 6A team from the Golden Triangle

East Bernard over Newton in the State Championship (Impossible)

I could go on and on. 

​LOL!! How in the world can they get a team from the valley mixed up with us waayyy over here?