3. Albany
4. Tenaha
5. Bruni
6. Iraan
7. Iola
8. Muenster
9. Falls City
10. Crosbyton

I think Crosby is right where they should be considering we've never won a title. Biased Coog wonders how CP loses  a dozen starters or more and is ranked in front of us? Temple lost President which is probably more of a loss than Allen losing Murray. Ennis probably won't even win their district this year after losing their stud qb,rb,wr and Lockhart who just destroyed opponents offenses last year. There's three top 10 teams from 16-5A alone, I do think a team from this district plays for the title again though. IMBO, I would swap #'s 2,3 and 4 with 5,6, and 7. 

I think Crosby is right where they should be considering we've never won a title. Biased Coog wonders how CP loses  a dozen starters or more and is ranked in front of us? Temple lost President which is probably more of a loss than Allen losing Murray. Ennis probably won't even win their district this year after losing their stud qb,rb,wr and Lockhart who just destroyed opponents offenses last year. There's three top 10 teams from 16-5A alone, I do think a team from this district plays for the title again though. IMBO, I would swap #'s 2,3 and 4 with 5,6, and 7. 

​Ennis qb was a sr? 

Here are the 6A Rankings

1. Desoto
2. Katy
3. Allen
4. Cedar Hill
5. Manvel
6. Dallas Skyline
7. Cibolo Steele
8. Denton Guyer
9. Euless Trinity
10. Converse Judson
11. Pearland
12. Spring Westfield
13, SouthLake Carroll
14. Lake Travis
15. Dickinson

I'm calling it early. North Shore starts the season 2-2 but makes it to the title game against one of the DFW powers in D1. I also think Westfield gets back to the title game and has a rematch with Manvel who finally gets passed Katy. Big question marks out if the DFW with new head coaches at Desoto, Skyline and Trinity.

I'm calling it early. North Shore starts the season 2-2 but makes it to the title game against one of the DFW powers in D1. I also think Westfield gets back to the title game and has a rematch with Manvel who finally gets passed Katy. Big question marks out if the DFW with new head coaches at Desoto, Skyline and Trinity.

​NS aint beating Dickinson come playoff time. Road to state from Region 3 D1 goes through Gator Land. 

​Ennis qb was a sr? 

Yeah, over 2800 passing to go with 1k rushing. Taylor Thompson (rb) rushed for over 1700 yards and Donta Thompson who was the big receiver and title game hero had over 1400 receiving. They also lost James Lockhart who signed with A&M and was probably the most impactful defensive player in the state. Good luck with Lufkin, John Tyler, Whitehouse and Corsicana in district with those losses. 

Here are the 6A Rankings

1. Desoto
2. Katy
3. Allen
4. Cedar Hill
5. Manvel
6. Dallas Skyline
7. Cibolo Steele
8. Denton Guyer
9. Euless Trinity
10. Converse Judson
11. Pearland
12. Spring Westfield
13, SouthLake Carroll
14. Lake Travis
15. Dickinson

It looks like they just took the top half of the teams and ranked them on their accomplishments of last year and didn't take in consideration what the teams have returning or lost. At least on 5a

Edited by bronco pride

​NS aint beating Dickinson come playoff time. Road to state from Region 3 D1 goes through Gator Land. 

My co-worker is from Dickinson and follows them pretty close. He told me they started like 14 or 15 seniors last year. I doubt that repeat the performance. Brad Woodard and Cam Martin were probably the best 6A qb/rb combo in the area last year and they're both gone. We'll see early because North Shore plays Manvel, Westfield and Euless Trinity all in pre-district. People are sleeping on NS qb Miciah Long, his numbers were nearly identical to Alabama commit Hurts last year. It's North Shore's second year with the new coach. If you remember at the end of the year NS, Dickinson and Cy-Ranch was a toss-up. Cy Ranch beat NS by 4 in the third round and Dickinson by 3 in the fourth round before beat Judson by 7 in the semis. 

My co-worker is from Dickinson and follows them pretty close. He told me they started like 14 or 15 seniors last year. I doubt that repeat the performance. Brad Woodard and Cam Martin were probably the best 6A qb/rb combo in the area last year and they're both gone. We'll see early because North Shore plays Manvel, Westfield and Euless Trinity all in pre-district. People are sleeping on NS qb Miciah Long, his numbers were nearly identical to Alabama commit Hurts last year. It's North Shore's second year with the new coach. If you remember at the end of the year NS, Dickinson and Cy-Ranch was a toss-up. Cy Ranch beat NS by 4 in the third round and Dickinson by 3 in the fourth round before beat Judson by 7 in the semis. 

​i know what they have coming up, they might be a tad bit better than last year, and they were pretty good then ;)

​i know what they have coming up, they might be a tad bit better than last year, and they were pretty good then ;)

​IDK, I don't really see how they're going to be better? Last year was their first since 2010 to be over .500. They literally lost everything except Jordan Meyers on offense and everything except Blake Carlisle in defense. Those guys are high end players but they'll be hard pressed to beat teams like Friendswood and Clear Springs. They have a couple pre-district games with Summer Creek and what should be an improved Texas City to see where they're at early.

5A Rankings 

1. Aledo
2. Cedar Park
3. Ennis
4. Temple
5. Crosby
6. Richmond George Ranch
7. Mansfield Timberview
8. John Tyler
9. Lufkin
10. Houston Stratford

3A Division 1  Rankings

1. Cameron Yoe
2. Mineola
3. Shallowater
4. Kirbyville
5. Brock
6. Teague
7. Pottsboro
8. Wall
9. East Chambers
10. Rockdale

3A Division 2 Rankings

1. East Bernard
2. Newton
3. Franklin
4. Blanco
5. Cisco
6. Eastland
7. Elysian Fields
8. Odem
9. Arp
10. Waskom

2A Division 1 Rankings

1. Canadian
2. Refugio
3. Mason
4. Shiner
5. Alto
6. Centerville
7. Mart
8. Crawford
9. Goldthwaite
10. Stratford

2A Division 2 Rankings

1. Bremond
2. Seagraves
3. Albany
4. Tenaha
5. Bruni
6. Iraan
7. Iola
8. Muenster
9. Falls City
10. Cosbyton

​Any ranking that does not include HD is not worth the paper it is printed on.

I watched Dickinson's playoff games last year and they were very good. With that being said, I was at Cy Ranch game and Cy-Ranch was the better team. Don't really know what either one has coming back, but counting down until football begins. Good Luck to all area teams. BH will be sitting home again this year. uggh

Here are the 4A rankings:

Division 1
1. Navasota
2. Argyle
3. Graham
4. Stephenville
5. Carthage
6. Kennedale
7. Liberty-Eylau
8. El Campo
9. Abilene Wylie
10. Liberty Hill

Division 2
1. West Orange-Stark
2. Gilmer
3. La Grange
4. Celina
5. Gladewater
6. Sinton
7. Cuero
8. Tatum
9. Sweetwater
10. Atlanta

WOS gets the #1 preseason ranking for the first time since 2004 and that season didn't end up so well.  Lots of usual suspects as always.

​I wonder if these rankings were done before or after Trey Baldwin left?  I still think we will have a good team that deserves a top 5 ranking, but losing Baldwin was a major loss for us, so I'm not sure about that #1 ranking.

Edited by WOS95

I watched Dickinson's playoff games last year and they were very good. With that being said, I was at Cy Ranch game and Cy-Ranch was the better team. Don't really know what either one has coming back, but counting down until football begins. Good Luck to all area teams. BH will be sitting home again this year. uggh

I think BH actually had a shot this year. I think they're going to be beaten pretty badly by Crosby and King but they should play some pretty competitive games with KP and New Caney for the last playoff spot. 

I can't lie though. I'm sort of rooting against BH as they bare the only team that can send Crosby D1. It would be nice to avoid the GR, Foster, Stratford and Temple's of the region. Much rather start off with a layup against PNG or Vidor. 

​Not ready to make that bold prediction....Manvel has yet to prove the can stop a team that can move the chains constantly on the ground.....Cy-Ranch in 2012....Katy in 13 and 14, their defense took beatings.....bad match up for Manvel and this Katy D is full of 3 year and a couple of 4 year starters....will be one of, if not the best defense in the state.

​According to the news, TEA agreed to wait until the new academic ratings come out before making a final decision.

So as of now it will be open for next year, but they surely have to be having players leave already.

​That is the last I thing I saw as well.

​Not ready to make that bold prediction....Manvel has yet to prove the can stop a team that can move the chains constantly on the ground.....Cy-Ranch in 2012....Katy in 13 and 14, their defense took beatings.....bad match up for Manvel and this Katy D is full of 3 year and a couple of 4 year starters....will be one of, if not the best defense in the state.

​Manvel does fine against teams that can move the ball consistently on the ground. They did fine last year against Westfield, North Shore, Dawson, Pearlnad, and Cy Woods. A more appropriate statement is that they have yet to prove they can stop teams that move the chains consistently with elite rbs, which guys like Keith Ford and Rodney Anderson were, probably even Kyle Porter too after what he did as a sophomore.

The reason I made that prediction is the same reason you think Katy will have one of the best defenses in the state. Katy's defense will be good, but it almost always is. The difference isn't really the starters they return, it's that the returners are more notable because they're impact players and actual D1 prospects. With King returning, who had 47 td passes against only 3 picks last year, and D'Vaughn Pennamon, who has over 20 offers at rb, you're going to be hard pressed to find a better backfield in Texas. Throw in the fact that Manvel may have one of the best secondaries in the country and you'll see why I think they can finally get over the hump. Manvel is always going to be at a disadvantage in the trenches against teams like Katy and Cy Ranch because they don't have the enrollment to choose from, but if they don't get it done this year then they probably never will before they drop back down to 5A for a while. I just think Kirk Martin and D'Eriq King get it done this year as King rolls into the Texas High School record books.

Edited by coog02

​Manvel does fine against teams that can move the ball consistently on the ground. They did fine last year against Westfield, North Shore, Dawson, Pearlnad, and Cy Woods. A more appropriate statement is that they have yet to prove they can stop teams that move the chains consistently with elite rbs, which guys like Keith Ford and Rodney Anderson were, probably even Kyle Porter too after what he did as a sophomore.

The reason I made that prediction is the same reason you think Katy will have one of the best defenses in the state. Katy's defense will be good, but it almost always is. The difference isn't really the starters they return, it's that the returners are more notable because they're impact players and actual D1 prospects. With King returning, who had 47 td passes against only 3 picks last year, and D'Vaughn Pennamon, who has over 20 offers at rb, you're going to be hard pressed to find a better backfield in Texas. Throw in the fact that Manvel may have one of the best secondaries in the country and you'll see why I think they can finally get over the hump. Manvel is always going to be at a disadvantage in the trenches against teams like Katy and Cy Ranch because they don't have the enrollment to choose from, but if they don't get it done this year then they probably never will before they drop back down to 5A for a while. I just think Kirk Martin and D'Eriq King get it done this year as King rolls into the Texas High School record books.

​North Shore and Westfield run the ball, true, but not that power run game that Katy and Cy-Ranch used, those 2 teams run more out of the shotgun formation....in those 3 games(1 vs Cy-Ranch, 2 vs Katy) Manvel's D forced 1 punt. I wouldn't say they did well against Pearland. A soph rb went for 160 against the Manvel D. It gets overlooked because Manvel won the game. They have a saying in Katy, "Do not ignore in victory what you wouldnt ignore in Defeat"....Things like that can't be ignored. Manvel may have the best secondary, but are they physical enough when a Qb, Fullback and TE turn the corner attacking them as lead blockers? I just don't see them getting past Katy. Their best bet is for them to somehow end up D1. This Katy team will be better than the 2007 team and is VERY experienced. 3 Year starters that went 16 games every year...those extra weeks of practice are a huge advantage.

Here are the 6A Rankings

1. Desoto
2. Katy
3. Allen
4. Cedar Hill
5. Manvel
6. Dallas Skyline
7. Cibolo Steele
8. Denton Guyer
9. Euless Trinity
10. Converse Judson
11. Pearland
12. Spring Westfield
13, SouthLake Carroll
14. Lake Travis
15. Dickinson

Funny thing about the kid King from Manvel is he went to Aragon middle school and would be playing at Langham Creek if his dad liked the coaches. Watched him in junior high and many years before that. He was 1 year older than my brother and you could tell he was going to be special.

Funny thing about the kid King from Manvel is he went to Aragon middle school and would be playing at Langham Creek if his dad liked the coaches. Watched him in junior high and many years before that. He was 1 year older than my brother and you could tell he was going to be special.

​Truth. There was a "rumor" that they still lived in the area.

Edited by pe2009