9 Mineral Wells players quit because of QB decision

When you have all-state players or high contributing soon to be seniors quit its more underlying issues than the coach placing his son at QB without any type of QB comp. Gonna be real interesting the next couple of months in that town. 

I could see one or two, but nine?  Nah, something else is up. 

@Matt_Stepp817: @mwindex This isnt the first time something like this has happened in Mineral Wells

It's been downhill since they replaced their stadium. What a downgrade.

Remember playing them in middle school where they had a RB rush for 300 on us. Aledo went on to win 2 state titles from that class but never heard about the RB since. Like Garrity said there has to be more to this. 

Remember playing them in middle school where they had a RB rush for 300 on us. Aledo went on to win 2 state titles from that class but never heard about the RB since. Like Garrity said there has to be more to this. 

​Matt Stepp said 7 of the 9 are starters.

Yeah, something else is up out there. 

Sounds like the coach named his son as the starter.  Is this a first year coach or one that's been around?  Now the coach has to take a stand and not let them return.  I wish my son would quit, for any reason.  When you start something, you finish it, period.   

​2nd year at MW. He was OC at Waco Midway (6A)

​Old Miller stadium was great. I remember the big oak tree that the limbs almost extended into the end zone. The visitors side bleachers were so steep, that if you fell somebody might as well call a ambulance, because you were going to the hospital.  :)

Miller Stadium

Edited by Pepper Brooks

​Old Miller stadium was great. I remember the big oak tree that the limbs almost extended into the end zone. The visitors side bleachers were so steep, that if you fell somebody might as well call a ambulance, because you were going to the hospital.  :)

​Besides being wooden bleachers, the best moment I saw is when a receiver flip over the fence behind the end zone. I mean right behind. Do believe he caught the ball and was not injured.

Also the more I read about this story, I do think there is has to be something with the coach naming his son the starting qb and not allowing any sort of competition. This is about 1/4 of the varsity team that basically has said enough is enough and they do want what is best for the town and team by having a competition to see who is best. There is no guarantee the coaches son is automatically better just because he is the coaches son.

​Besides being wooden bleachers, the best moment I saw is when a receiver flip over the fence behind the end zone. I mean right behind. Do believe he caught the ball and was not injured.

Also the more I read about this story, I do think there is has to be something with the coach naming his son the starting qb and not allowing any sort of competition. This is about 1/4 of the varsity team that basically has said enough is enough and they do want what is best for the town and team by having a competition to see who is best. There is no guarantee the coaches son is automatically better just because he is the coaches son.

​he's not better, thats the point, and also this coach apparently was trying to get the heck outta there after last season which didnt sit well with the locals. From what I read earlier on this the guy took the job at MW to allow his son to become starting QB cause he wasn't going to see the field at Waco Midway. The major majority of the community is backing the kids decision. I dont see this HC keeping his job there long. This is a mess. 

​I agree

The monkeys can't run the zoo. Coach should  send them packing, but it will probably cost him his job.

While I can agree that the coach needs to be in control of the program, there are always two sides to the coin, I'm sure from the kids few point they are standing up for something they believe in.

Either QB had better win and win early and often - or this could turn into a bigger mess than it already is.

They should change the offense to a heavy run oriented style. At least for this one year , It would place less of a burden on QB (regardless of who it is) and more on the rbs. Then who cares who the QB is, problem solved

Edited by El Guapo

They should change the offense to a heavy run oriented style. At least for this one year , It would place less of a burden on QB (regardless of who it is) and more on the rbs. Then who cares who the QB is, problem solved

​I would not have an issue with that - now as it stands the pressure on these 2 kids will be enormous.