Top 25 Athletic Dept. by profit

Will be interesting to see if this really happens.

But Is Business Insider as "Aggie Publication"? or maybe just an "Aggie slant" article.

I just thought it was interesting reading.

From Business Insider:

Texas A&M University raised 

This is the hidden content, please
. The amount breaks the record set by Wisconsin in 2005 ($595 million) and could help the school's athletic department surpass Texas as the richest in college sports.

It is unclear at this point how much of the $740 million was given specifically for sports. But according to the school president, more than one-third ($246 million) was donated specifically to cover the costs of the $450 million renovations to the school's football field. The president also cited the recent success of the football team, as a big factor in the donation surge.

The donations for the football field alone would be more than $200 million greater than the total athletic department donations in 2011-12 ($35.0 million). Texas was the biggest money-maker in college sports that year, 

. Texas A&M was sixth overall, with $119.7 million in revenue.

We'll have to wait to see how the donations are divided up. But it is easy to imagine that A&M will surpass Texas as the biggest money-maker in college sports...

Will be interesting to see if this really happens.

But Is Business Insider as "Aggie Publication"? or maybe just an "Aggie slant" article.

I just thought it was interesting reading.

From Business Insider:

Texas A&M University raised 

. The amount breaks the record set by Wisconsin in 2005 ($595 million) and could help the school's athletic department surpass Texas as the richest in college sports.

It is unclear at this point how much of the $740 million was given specifically for sports. But according to the school president, more than one-third ($246 million) was donated specifically to cover the costs of the $450 million renovations to the school's football field. The president also cited the recent success of the football team, as a big factor in the donation surge.

The donations for the football field alone would be more than $200 million greater than the total athletic department donations in 2011-12 ($35.0 million). Texas was the biggest money-maker in college sports that year, 

. Texas A&M was sixth overall, with $119.7 million in revenue.

We'll have to wait to see how the donations are divided up. But it is easy to imagine that A&M will surpass Texas as the biggest money-maker in college sports...

​Not so much.  A&M raised 740 million last year.  Meanwhile, Texas has over a billion dollars in gold holdings (literally), yet that represents roughly 5 percent of it's endowment.  Keep plugging away though.

I am willing to bet anyone that A&M does not pass Texas in revenue.  Ever.  In fact, I would gladly $500 per year that they do, as long as I get $100 per year that they don't.  In other words, you would pay me $100 per year for the rest of your natural life...

​Not so much.  A&M raised 740 million last year.  Meanwhile, Texas has over a billion dollars in gold holdings (literally), yet that represents roughly 5 percent of it's endowment.  Keep plugging away though.

I am willing to bet anyone that A&M does not pass Texas in revenue.  Ever.  In fact, I would gladly $500 per year that they do, as long as I get $100 per year that they don't.  In other words, you would pay me $100 per year for the rest of your natural life...

​ If we are measuring the size of our endowments, I'll take Harvard and your money all day.......

​ If we are measuring the size of our endowments, I'll take Harvard and your money all day.......

​Me too.  Interestingly, I was told a year or so ago by someone in the know that UT's endowment is grossly undervalued, as large as it is.  Specifically, the real estate holdings are apparently valued at when they were donated and purchased, with the vast majority of it originating in the first half of the 20th century. 

I am really starting believe that UT will never catch up to A&M. 

Do you it is too late for UT to get in the SEC?

Maybe should get the legislature to force a merger of the two schools. We will have to wait until Gov. yell leader Perry leaves office.

I bet Baylor, TCU, TTU, and UH would just quit playing ALL intercollegiate sports.

WOW

Edited by bulldogbacker

I am really starting believe that UT will never catch up to A&M. 

Do you it is too late for UT to get in the SEC?

Maybe should get the legislature to force a merger of the two schools. We will have to wait until Gov. yell leader Perry leaves office.

I bet Baylor, TCU, TTU, and UH would just quit playing ALL intercollegiate sports.

WOW

​tu edumacation at it's best.