Fight Night Saturday

Why? Several reasons hype, people either love or hate him, wanting to see him get beat, and simply wanting to see one of the best ever. It's boring just like a 1-0 baseball game where there are only a couple base runners by each side. Boring to many but loved by pitchers and their fans.

but still watch his fight if you don't like him don't watch him

I was telling my kid last night that the fight I most remember watching with my dad was Hagler/Leonard. It's a shame there just aren't those type of fights/fighters anymore.

Best weight classes and boxers ever. Hearns, Arguello, Duran, Mancini, Pryor, and the ones you mentioned. That was boxing. Tyson/Holyfield ruined boxing for me. I never liked the heavyweights anyway, except during Ali's day.

Probably not, for him to have won it would have had to have been a different style fight or he would have had to knock mayweather out.

exactly my point if mayweather would have lost everyone would have been all over mayweather for losing but he won the fight his style of boxing and ppl saying its boring but if you have had watch Floyd fights in the past couple of years it has not changed so what'd different now

I don't think anyone said its different now, maybe they were expecting Pac to force it into being different but it didn't happen. Maybe he would have had a chance to make it different if his shoulder wasn't hurt, if that is true. Fact is just like I have alluded to Mayweather used the exact style I would use if I was him. Like he said this is boxing not fighting,slugging etc. look at football or basketball years ago, slower more deliberate, today's games are more fun to watch but those styles can still be effective. Just like pure boxing can be nod Floyd is definitely the best boxer.

I understand your opinion but I hear this all the time but tell me this if he is so boring to watch why keep ordering his fights mayweather is a smart skill boxer you don't have to go toe to toe to win a boxing match that's common sense that's why he is the best in this era

All I can say is I would never pay for another of his fights. Or even try to go to a place showing it. He's a great fighter and I have no hatred for him. His style is just boring IMO. If you grew up watching fights like the one below, you might feel the same. There was more action in that first round than the whole fight last night:

http://youtu.be/3PPhyBUsxaA

All I can say is I would never pay for another of his fights. Or even try to go to a place showing it. He's a great fighter and I have no hatred for him. His style is just boring IMO. If you grew up watching fights like the one below, you might feel the same. There was more action in that first round than the whole fight last night:

http://youtu.be/3PPhyBUsxaA

that's his style of boxing he doesn't owe anyone nothing he has been fighting like this for a while its nothing new ppl complain but continue putting money into his pockets I never said Floyd is the best boxer ever but he is in this era he showed you proof of it last night if Manny was doing the same nobody would have a problem with it

that's his style of boxing he doesn't owe anyone nothing he has been fighting like this for a while its nothing new ppl complain but continue putting money into his pockets I never said Floyd is the best boxer ever but he is in this era he showed you proof of it last night if Manny was doing the same nobody would have a problem with it

I agree - already said he's one of the all time greats. And I don't care who it is - manny, mayweather, or anyone else - it's boring to me. That's all.

If Manny was doing the same thing his fights would be called boring as well. Is what it is. Nothing wrong with being a technical boxer, landing more punches without being knocked out is the name of the game but fact is (to most non bias ppl) is that his (mayweather) fights are boring. 

I'm not a biased person and y'all can call mayweather fights boring but every fight is not going to have a knock down or a knockout mayweather is not a knock out fighter never has been Tyson,Ali,Frazier and etc didn't go toe to toe every fight I'm not saying they are mayweather but I'm tired of ppl complaining how boxing is boring but every time this man fights you are ordering it and putting money into his pockets it just doesn't make sense to me IMO

Many on here don't pay to watch him. This fight was an exception because of the hype. I don't dispute his "best" status but he's not the most exciting and the fact that most of his fights go the distance proves that. On the other hand, maybe you get your PPV money's worth rather than a first or second round TKO.

Many on here don't pay to watch him. This fight was an exception because of the hype. I don't dispute his "best" status but he's not the most exciting and the fact that most of his fights go the distance proves that. On the other hand, maybe you get your PPV money's worth rather than a first or second round TKO.

well you can say that about all his fights cuz ppl continue to pay for it and at the end of the fight complain I won't buy another mayweather fight then comes along his next fight and they pay for it again just to see him lose or whatever the case may be but like I said before if you watch mayweather fights before you know what you are getting from him he doesn't owe nobody anything all im saying is if you hate boxing stop putting money into there pockets some way most ppl are buy fights and you are contributing and as for me I hate to spend my money on a fight that last 4 to 5 rounds that's not getting your money worth IMO

I'm not a biased person and y'all can call mayweather fights boring but every fight is not going to have a knock down or a knockout mayweather is not a knock out fighter never has been Tyson,Ali,Frazier and etc didn't go toe to toe every fight I'm not saying they are mayweather but I'm tired of ppl complaining how boxing is boring but every time this man fights you are ordering it and putting money into his pockets it just doesn't make sense to me IMO

I agree with most of that...but Tyson always went toe to toe.