LC-M 3 Nederland 2 Final

LCM got out play , the bulldogs won't let it happen at home .the only way they can win is by the umpires help.

LCM 6 hits Ned 4

LCM 4 BB Ned 4

LCM Pitchers 7Ks Ned 3

LCM 2 e's Ned 3 plus 2 run scoring past balls

LCM coach's stayed in the game Ned did not

LCM 3 runs Ned 2

Could you explain to me which part of the game Ned out played LCM? When you have a terrible umpire most times the more mentally tough team wins.

first of all, to the retiredoldcoach, cody has other options. And he does not have to go to the state capital.

Second, i can assure you that what happened with the catcher interference is definately NOT taught and will be reprimanded. IF you watch this on video, you will see Cody going over and fussing at him.

And third, when Cody came out to talk to the ump the first time the ump told him that he needed to go to the dugout. He did. After that inning was over, he jogging out to his coaching position and the ump said "I told you you were suspended to the dugout". Misunderstanding. But it was already enough to set him off even more. Cody has NOTHING to be ashamed of.

by the way bearbacker, i like how you can honestly put 2 runs scored on passed balls. Nice!

I would like to know of the other options on which Coach Robbins has after being ejected out of a game.......I am a coach and no matter what we are told that we go to Austin if we are ejected out of a game. I do know Cody and he is a good coach.......All I have to say is let the kids play the game and most parents have no clue on what they are yelling about anyway.......If you listen to them and really think about what they just said, most of it is quite amusing.

It is my understanding that any ejection of a coach from a high school game is an automatic trip to Austin for a hearing.

UNLESS! The umpire that gives the heave hoe decides not to follow up and submit the report.

Reports are submitted annually for much less than an ejection though. I would not think that would be the case here, since it escalated from a dugout suspension to an ejection.

I really doubt this home plate umpire will submit this to Austin' date=' as after they view the video they might forget about Cody and pull his card.[/quote']

I wouldn't count on him not reporting the incident. It would be one thing if the coach being tossed was the only incident in the game, but when an ump gets a tongue lashing from not only parents and fans, but the PLAYERS (with excessive profanity heard by anyone within earshot) during the game and on their way out of the ball park, they tend not to let it lie. There is so much more to baseball than who gets the win. Since when is it ok to use the kind of language I heard during and after that game to ANYONE? Kids these days need to remember they represent their team, school and community when playing a varsity sport. Things won't always go your way, but you can always hold your head high if you handle adversity with class.

ive talked to cody several times already and trust me he has other options. As a matter of fact, ive read them. maybe since the last time you read the rules, things have changed a bit is all. :wink: However, cody is a great guy and an awesome coach. I know several coaches that heve said they would have fought for their kids too. Maybe some of you "coaches" may not be as animated or driven as he so this is the perfect oppurtunity for you to poke at him.

Read adminbaberuth's post and you may be getting warm as to what i was talking about. As for specifics, im sure you'll all hear about it. And believe me, when its all said and done, Cody's rep will definately not be marred in the least.

As for the profanity, the ump is the one after the game with the mouth. the players were out of line by talking to him but all i heard them say were things like you really blew that one blue and i dont know what game you were watching, wish you could have been at this one.

ONLY ONE MAN MADE NO MISTAKES !!!! Let it go, I dont think it matters as to what you think happend or what should have been done!!! Its over LCM got a W and Ned got a L... Let the "KIDS" have fun and play Americas (Japans) greatest sport. :D

ive talked to cody several times already and trust me he has other options. As a matter of fact' date=' ive read them. maybe since the last time you read the rules, things have changed a bit is all. :wink: However, cody is a great guy and an awesome coach. I know several coaches that heve said they would have fought for their kids too. Maybe some of you "coaches" may not be as animated or driven as he so this is the perfect oppurtunity for you to poke at him.

Read adminbaberuth's post and you may be getting warm as to what i was talking about. As for specifics, im sure you'll all hear about it. And believe me, when its all said and done, Cody's rep will definately not be marred in the least.

As for the profanity, the ump is the one after the game with the mouth. the players were out of line by talking to him but all i heard them say were things like you really blew that one blue and i dont know what game you were watching, wish you could have been at this one.[/quote']

I don't really care if the coach goes to Austin or not. I was there to watch a good game. My biggest concern after the fact was the language from the players after the game. I DID hear profanity (and lots of it) from the boys on their way out of the park...I walked out right behind the umpire and what I assume was an LCM administrator-anyone within ear shot got an ear full (including my 5 year old, which I did not appreciate). I have always felt what makes a coach "awesome" isn't just his record, it includes teaching kids to handle wins OR losses with dignity and to respect the other team, coaches, and even umpires they don't always agree with. I don't think the coach getting tossed is that big of deal, it happens. If he does get by without a trip to Austin and then another coach in the area has to make a trip for the same offense, I would imagine the dead horse will get beaten again, though, so brace yourself.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder