Crosby's Williams 5 freshman to get FBS offer

Congratulations to Crosby freshman rb,Craig Williams, who's only the 5th freshman to receive an FBS offer in the state of Texas so far this year. He was offered by his rbs coach alma mater, SMU, over the weekend.

http://247sports.com/Player/Craig-Williams-53431

2016 DB, Joseph Pickney, was offered over the weekend also by Texas State. Super physical downhill safety.

http://247sports.com/Player/Joseph-Pickney-37331

Taylor Perry and Manny Netherly, ranked 32 and 34 respectively per the 2017 Texas composite, could also be picking up offers during the Spring evaluation period. Expect those two as well as Carlos Grace and possibly two others to be holding FBS offers after next season.

Looks like there's no shortage of talent the next several years. Scariest part is that the incoming freshman class could be the deepest of all.

Congrats to the previously mentioned kids and what they've accomplished to date.

State or Bust next season.

I've been talking about this'15 team for three years now. Probably half this team's starters or more will be seniors. Headed by a senior qb who led his team to the semi-finals coming back with an even better offensive line to protect him, two D1 backs to hand it off to, and our deepest wr core under this staff. The offense should put up numbers like the Twin teams. If the defense can play anywhere close to what it was last year I think Dallas is a good possibility, most likely going 15-0 in the process.

I've been talking about this'15 team for three years now. Probably half this team's starters or more will be seniors. Headed by a senior qb who led his team to the semi-finals coming back with an even better offensive line to protect him, two D1 backs to hand it off to, and our deepest wr core under this staff. The offense should put up numbers like the Twin teams. If the defense can play anywhere close to what it was last year I think Dallas is a good possibility, most likely going 15-0 in the process.

Should make a run to Dallas in Div 2 but not sure if y'all went Div 1

Should make a run to Dallas in Div 2 but not sure if y'all went Div 1

D1 will probably be the easier route this year the way it was in '13. GR would probably be the biggest challenge in D1 but they were hit hard by graduation. No Elkins, Ridge Point or Temple to deal with this year in the region either. Foster and Stratford should have good teams but Crosby should be able to handle them easily.

D2 on the other hand has Elgin, Hutto, Brenham, Angleton and PLC who will all be very solid next year. Not to mention teams like Texas City who will go D2 and whatever 21-5A puts in the bracket. The Cougars should start the season as the top ranked 5A team in the Houston area next season and top 7 or 8 in the state. I like our chances to get to Jerry's no matter the classification.

Offer came a little earlier than expected which means he could be on the borderline of blowing up. Congrats to Crosby sophomore WR, Manny Netherly, on receiving his first offer from SMU. He picked up the offer with less than 20 catches on the season. Netherly makes the 4th kid on the current roster with an FBS offer. Call me crazy but I think there could possibly be as many as 8 kids with FBS offers after next season.

Offer came a little earlier than expected which means he could be on the borderline of blowing up. Congrats to Crosby sophomore WR, Manny Netherly, on receiving his first offer from SMU. He picked up the offer with less than 20 catches on the season. Netherly makes the 4th kid on the current roster with an FBS offer. Call me crazy but I think there could possibly be as many as 8 kids with FBS offers after next season.

Crosby definitely looks loaded. Netherly and Williams were especially impressive at the district track meet.

Crosby definitely looks loaded. Netherly and Williams were especially impressive at the district track meet.

I think the track will be a big part of the reason they'll be highly sought after. Netherly even picked up another offer today from UL at Lafayette. Can't teach speed and those two certain have plenty of it, hopefully it translates to getting one round further this year.

MAJOR. MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR GET FOR THE COUGS! 2016 CE King (OG) and their best o-lineman, Robert Oliver, has transferred to Crosby for his senior year. The 6-2 308lb mauler solidifies what already may have been the best 5A offensive line in the region. Grace and Williams should have a field day behind this unit. Crosby's o-line will now go;

Keenan Murphy - 6-3, 295lbs

Robert Oliver - 6-2, 308lbs

Chase Bridgeman - 6-4, 275lbs

Steven Jones - 6-6, 320lbs

http://247sports.com/Player/Robert-Oliver-78547

This is two fold for Crosby, it helps us and hurts Trey Williams for our matchup.

MAJOR. MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR GET FOR THE COUGS! 2016 CE King (OG) and their best o-lineman, Robert Oliver, has transferred to Crosby for his senior year. The 6-2 308lb mauler solidifies what already may have been the best 5A offensive line in the region. Grace and Williams should have a field day behind this unit. Crosby's o-line will now go;

This is two fold for Crosby, it helps us and hurts Trey Williams for our matchup.

Wow!!!! 

Thats alot of beef !

Steven Jones - 6-6, 320lbshttp://247sports.com/Player/Robert-Oliver-78547

That should be Steven Campbell instead of Jones above, for some reason it won't let me edit the post.

Possibly a 5A State Championship as well.

Call it a "high 5"! Sophomore cornerback Taylor Perry just picked up his first FBS offer from the university of Indiana. Already one of the top corners in the state for his class, Perry could blow if his measurables become a little move favorable, both Texas and A&M love him. There's a lot of ways to sum Perry up, but basically, he's just a certified dog. This makes the 5th player with an FBS offer on Crosby's roster. That's now three away from the 8 I predicted by the end of next season.

http://247sports.com/Player/Taylor-Perry-37330

Stay tuned, I got a text this a.m with possibly more good news for Crosby fans.

State or Bust next season.

With all the talent coming back I guess you've stated one of the popular opinions. Coming off the heels of the Rivals article about Crosby and a state title, Padilla also calls his shot:

Carl Padilla ‏@padillapoll
Watching the Crosby Cougars, my 5A, D-II Pre-Season pick to win State! #txhsfb! #code red @DrKMoore @coachriordan @Thamannjr

We should come in pre-season top 5 in some polls.