It's about to get real ugly in South Carolina. .

king

What needs to happen is hiring of ppl that live in the particular town and make it mandatory and hiring ppl of the majority racial makeup of that particular town, they tend to know the ppl and area better. Kinda hard to do on the minority end as far as males is concerned. Most youngsters think of police as total enemy by events like this amongst others, they try to stay clear from a career in law enforcement. 

That was a major problem with Houston Police back in those days. Your chances of getting hired if you were from a small community such as (Nederland, Conroe, Vidor, Buna, Cut N Shoot , etc ).

That is because we use facts and numbers.....

In South Carolina there are currently 26 blacks and 20 whites on death row. 

Since 1976, the race of the victims of convicted killers on death row.....1,566 white victims....and 312 black victims.

Just throwing in a few facts

And, in North Carolina there are currently 81 Blacks 65 whites on death row

ooops! Source DPIC

What needs to happen is hiring of ppl that live in the particular town and make it mandatory and hiring ppl of the majority racial makeup of that particular town, they tend to know the ppl and area better. Kinda hard to do on the minority end as far as males is concerned. Most youngsters think of police as total enemy by events like this amongst others, they try to stay clear from a career in law enforcement.

Buddy, towns are BEGGING for applicants of minority races. the problem is they don't want the job, they can't pass the test, or they already have backgrounds that exclude them. Applicants from Port Arthur get seven extra points on the test JUST FOR BEING FROM PORT ARTHUR. considering the racial makeup of PA, that's a pretty clear effort to make it easier for minorities to get hired. but you can't hire people who wont apply, you can't hire people who can't pass a basic reading comprehension test, and you can't hire people who already have criminal backgrounds. With that said, a good number of PA's younger officers are black and Hispanic.

Buddy, towns are BEGGING for applicants of minority races. the problem is they don't want the job, they can't pass the test, or they already have backgrounds that exclude them. Applicants from Port Arthur get seven extra points on the test JUST FOR BEING FROM PORT ARTHUR. considering the racial makeup of PA, that's a pretty clear effort to make it easier for minorities to get hired. but you can't hire people who wont apply, you can't hire people who can't pass a basic reading comprehension test, and you can't hire people who already have criminal backgrounds. With that said, a good number of PA's younger officers are black and Hispanic.

Great for P.A…… now what about other communities? 

@meetthepress: How TV would have had to cover the #WalterScott shooting if the video didn't exist http://nbcnews.to/1IWcX2y http://twitter.com/meetthepress/status/587275032629551104/photo/1

I couldn't get your link to load, but I'm assuming they would've proclaimed him guilty even without a video, just like they did in ferguson.

Link just worked for me. Its a must watch, its truth 100%..

Funny, there was no video in Ferguson or Hemphill and it did not go down like that. It was reported in Hemphill that there was a coverup and in Ferguson that the guy was executed. It is pretty hard to justify shooting a guy in the back.....Once they autopsy report came out, charges would have been filed.

Funny, there was no video in Ferguson or Hemphill and it did not go down like that. It was reported in Hemphill that there was a coverup and in Ferguson that the guy was executed. It is pretty hard to justify shooting a guy in the back.....Once they autopsy report came out, charges would have been filed.

Glad there was video in this case. 

Glad there was video in this case. 

I agree.......I think he murdered the guy.

There is an article that was posted on Fb, (and I just scanned through it, have not read it fully) that gives another perspective. They claim that it is very possible the guy actually tased the officer and that you can see the wire stuck in the officer and that the officer might have thought he still had the trigger when he shot.

Not sure if that is a legit news source, but going to follow up with it tonight.

I agree.......I think he murdered the guy.

There is an article that was posted on Fb, (and I just scanned through it, have not read it fully) that gives another perspective. They claim that it is very possible the guy actually tased the officer and that you can see the wire stuck in the officer and that the officer might have thought he still had the trigger when he shot.

Not sure if that is a legit news source, but going to follow up with it tonight.

The way nobody's coming to his defense not even his lawyer who dropped him. Not the police chief nobody. Shows it's really really bad.

The way nobody's coming to his defense not even his lawyer who dropped him. Not the police chief nobody. Shows it's really really bad.

It means that unlike wishful thinking and innuendo there is actually evidence and not merely political agendas. 

Oh thank God for the video.

Thank God for many witnesses in Ferguson that came in and told the truth even though it did not toe the party line. Thank God that the physical evidence (although admitted grudgingly slow from the federal investigation) showed that the claims were false (including the crime of perjury) that wanted an officer to be guilty. 

Thank God for many witnesses in Ferguson that came in and told the truth even though it did not toe the party line. Thank God that the physical evidence (although admitted grudgingly slow from the federal investigation) showed that the claims were false (including the crime of perjury) that wanted an officer to be guilty.

More reasons for video huh. See it goes both ways. video cameras can't tell the complete story but it can't lie. No hands up don't shot violent protests etc.just like in this case.