It's about to get real ugly in South Carolina. .

king

All police officers should wear a body cam.

Agree or disagree TVC?

An operating body cam. There was a shooting in STL and Colorado that made headlines because the officers were wearing body cams but the cameras were not working, or so they said. 

And one in (forgot the State) where the cops turned off the cam in the car

What are your thoughts on this case?

We;ve been hearing these type of horror events for a long time. Some true and some false. Houston Police once had a very bad reputation for misuse of its citizens. And it is a race issue because one side of the color line doesn't think it isn't as bad as the other side of the color (s) side claims it is...

We;ve been hearing these type of horror events for a long time. Some true and some false. Houston Police once had a very bad reputation for misuse of its citizens. And it is a race issue because one side of the color line doesn't think it isn't as bad as the other side of the color (s) side claims it is...

What needs to happen is hiring of ppl that live in the particular town and make it mandatory and hiring ppl of the majority racial makeup of that particular town, they tend to know the ppl and area better. Kinda hard to do on the minority end as far as males is concerned. Most youngsters think of police as total enemy by events like this amongst others, they try to stay clear from a career in law enforcement. 

That is because we use facts and numbers.....

In South Carolina there are currently 26 blacks and 20 whites on death row. 

Since 1976, the race of the victims of convicted killers on death row.....1,566 white victims....and 312 black victims.

Just throwing in a few facts

Depends....

What do other crime victims get that kill people in cold blood?

I have no problem if he gets the death penalty because of the crime.......but not because he is a cop or because he is white.

if it was the other way around and we had a Cop killer he'll get death. It should go both ways.

if it was the other way around and we had a Cop killer he'll get death. It should go both ways.

No. Unless you are a serial killer or mass murderer, most people kill for a specific reason....you pissed them off, you stole something, you took their girl....etc. These are the reasons, albeit some of them dumb reasons, that people have been killed. Anyone who would kill a cop will kill anyone for no reason at all. That is my take.

This cop has been charged with murder and rightfully so. Should he get the death penalty? Only if it falls under the parameters of capital murder. He will probably spend the rest of his life in prison. If he is executed, I have no problem with that.

No. Unless you are a serial killer or mass murderer, most people kill for a specific reason....you pissed them off, you stole something, you took their girl....etc. These are the reasons, albeit some of them dumb reasons, that people have been killed. Anyone who would kill a cop will kill anyone for no reason at all. That is my take.

This cop has been charged with murder and rightfully so. Should he get the death penalty? Only if it falls under the parameters of capital murder. He will probably spend the rest of his life in prison. If he is executed, I have no problem with that.

Just throwing this out. ... I never said he should get the death penalty. Only asking should or will they push for it.

I haven't really followed this story.  Just saw the videos now.  WHy did he run after getting pulled over?

He shouldn't have been shot/murdered but why run?  Not very smart on his part nor the cop.

I have read in an article (or maybe comments on Facebook) that he ran because he owed child support and didn't want to go to jail.....

It is ALWAYS a stupid move to run from the cops.....you shouldn't get shot in the back, but you should never run either.....