wo-s@ pn-g week two

El football season hasn't started yet & you already coming up with a excuse? Officiating is part of the game and if you do what's expected of you as a team. They can't & want be able to decide the out come of a game win or lose. WOS COUNTRY BELIEVES IN NO EXCUSES WE JUST GOT BEAT BY THE BETTER TEAM TONIGHT BECAUSE WE DIDN'T EXECUTE THE GAME PLAN.

Im already coming up with excuses ? I dont see how you got that out of my post but just in case you misread it: I said that WOS officiating is fair and that they have a great football program.

???????????????????????????????????

Im already coming up with excuses ? I dont see how you got that out of my post but just in case you misread it: I said that WOS officiating is fair and that they have a great football program.

???????????????????????????????????

EL it was a typo that's why I edited it & that was for Bad. I see u love the officiating & program @ WOS! 😀👍

If PNG loses this game again, can the fans really expect anything more than competing for a district championship the remainder of the season? IMO it doesn't help to play schools less than half your size, and often lose to them. The athletes at WOS are great but teams you see in the playoffs wil be much deeper and more physically imposing. I know it helps WOS to play up but what exactly does PNG get from playing a team with a makeup they probably won't see again for the rest of the season? Has PNG beat a 5A playoff team outside of BISD recently?

If PNG loses this game again, can the fans really expect anything more than competing for a district championship the remainder of the season? IMO it doesn't help to play schools less than half your size, and often lose to them. The athletes at WOS are great but teams you see in the playoffs wil be much deeper and more physically imposing. I know it helps WOS to play up but what exactly does PNG get from playing a team with a makeup they probably won't see again for the rest of the season? Has PNG beat a 5A playoff team outside of BISD recently?

02 I always see you & PNG fan ringing each other necks. I don't hava a dog in that fight, but I might be stirring the pot!😜😮😏

It would be very difficult for PNG to have a yearly opponent in SETX that is consistently better than WOS, regardless of classification. I actually think the opposite. I applaud them for going toe to toe with the Mustangs each year, despite the fact that they risk losing to a "smaller school." There won't be many teams they will face on the rest of their schedule that offer more (and in most cases as much) team speed as WOS.

Agree, Txhoop any area team would be hard pressed to have the athletes, speed, tradition and kick@&& coaching they have.
I am not a big PN fan but they are on the money playing WOS if for no other reason than to face their speed and athleticism.
Problems at Nederland and PN is they have great HIGH SCHOOL players that have hearts big as Texas and do unreal at the MS level, real good at the HS level.
They DO NOT have the athletes the others have for Football. BaseBall, golf, soccer, -different story, success in careers and life --- they run circles around the athletes in so far as academic success, excelling in careers, etc...

It would be very difficult for PNG to have a yearly opponent in SETX that is consistently better than WOS, regardless of classification. I actually think the opposite. I applaud them for going toe to toe with the Mustangs each year, despite the fact that they risk losing to a "smaller school." There won't be many teams they will face on the rest of their schedule that offer more (and in most cases as much) team speed as WOS.

The answer to that would be to step outside of SETX. There's only one SETX district and you wouldn't play any of those teams until the 4th round. You go west to get your games or you play up. The issue you brought up is exactly what I'm talking about with the team speed, etc. Other than the Beaumont schools from over there you probably won't find as much team speed, however almost every 5A team in the playoffs will have more speed and a lot more size to go with it. And when they don't have size they crush you with their size like Cedar Park or an Elgin, something WOS just can't do to bigger teams with twice the kids.

Another thing is the amount of kids WOS plays both ways which isn't done as much at the bigger schools PNG would have to play. When Earnest Patterson, Austin Walter or Trey Williams drop 200 and 3 tds on you they're not turning around on you and playing defense, guys like Trey Baldwin and DT do though. I don't care how you slice it, you're not as fresh on your 130th play as you were on your first or even your 65th which is probably around the max for players at bigger schools minus qbs and o-linemen. Technically PNG should be fresher and be able to wear WOS down, they usually don't though, Angleton can and will. Ask Dayton.

IMO the non-district portion of the schedule is to play teams from different places and different styles that you could see in the playoffs. Not two smaller schools where one is basically a district game against a well known opponent, play somewhere in Harris County or Montgomery County like you will have to in the playoffs. You think WOS is fast, line up against some of those schools out in Fort Bend that have the same type athletes and 2000 of them to choose from.

The answer to that would be to step outside of SETX. There's only one SETX district and you wouldn't play any of those teams until the 4th round. You go west to get your games or you play up. The issue you brought up is exactly what I'm talking about with the team speed, etc. Other than the Beaumont schools from over there you probably won't find as much team speed, however almost every 5A team in the playoffs will have more speed and a lot more size to go with it. And when they don't have size they crush you with their size like Cedar Park or an Elgin, something WOS just can't do to bigger teams with twice the kids.

Another thing is the amount of kids WOS plays both ways which isn't done as much at the bigger schools PNG would have to play. When Earnest Patterson, Austin Walter or Trey Williams drop 200 and 3 tds on you they're not turning around on you and playing defense, guys like Trey Baldwin and DT do though. I don't care how you slice it, you're not as fresh on your 130th play as you were on your first or even your 65th which is probably around the max for players at bigger schools minus qbs and o-linemen. Technically PNG should be fresher and be able to wear WOS down, they usually don't though, Angleton can and will. Ask Dayton.

IMO the non-district portion of the schedule is to play teams from different places and different styles that you could see in the playoffs. Not two smaller schools where one is basically a district game against a well known opponent, play somewhere in Harris County or Montgomery County like you will have to in the playoffs. You think WOS is fast, line up against some of those schools out in Fort Bend that have the same type athletes and 2000 of them to choose from.

Great post

Never said WOS was the best team PNG could find to play. But it has become a rivalry game and there are other non-conference games as well. I think PNG has gotten plenty of competition out of that game and will continue to do so. Don't believe me? Ask one of those big, fast, powerful programs like Foster to the west. I believe they would tell you they got all they wanted when they played the Stangs, despite the huge gap in enrollments....

Never said WOS was the best team PNG could find to play. But it has become a rivalry game and there are other non-conference games as well. I think PNG has gotten plenty of competition out of that game and will continue to do so. Don't believe me? Ask one of those big, fast, powerful programs like Foster to the west. I believe they would tell you they got all they wanted when they played the Stangs, despite the huge gap in enrollments....

I think you have it backwards...  PNG wasn't the best team WOS could find to play.  WOS is 9-1 against PNG dating back to 1997 if you want to consider that a "rivalry" and there's a reason they refused to play us after we dropped to 3A and held a 7 game winning streak against them.  Not being good enough wasn't the reason. WOS lost to a school with half their enrollment last year in Newton but learned from it.  If stooping to play a smaller school is so embarrassing to SETX 5A teams then their loss. Until any team from 22-5A can win a Bi-District game they should probably do something different. As for Crosby and Dayton... they need to beat WOS at least once before anything can be said about that and neither has.  No reason to make excuses for WOS. WOS is fine as always.

WOS would beat Crosby 9 out of 10 times , regardless of classification or numbers

Then why couldn't they beat Newton, I guess they would beat Crosby 9 out of 10 times too even thought they lost a quarter of the games on their schedule last year? That's a pretty myopic belief.

Then why couldn't they beat Newton, I guess they would beat Crosby 9 out of 10 times too even thought they lost a quarter of the games on their schedule last year? That's a pretty myopic belief.

A quarter of their games?  Are you referring to WOS?  I believe they were 13-3 and in the state finals, you know the game that Crosby has never been too.

Foster isn't really considered a speed team, they're considered more of a power team like Stratford. Not taking anything away from WOS but the week after that Foster had to play GR which was the biggest 5A game in the city to that point and was likely looking past WOS. I think Foster lost to GR the next week by almost 30 and took a first round exit. WOS lost to 3A d2 Newton the next week by two tds. If WOS couldn't even average 1 yard per carry on Foster what do you think a WOS vs GR game would have looked like the next week when a third of their players would be beat up? Then have to play Angleton and 9 time consecutive bi-district champ Port Lavaca who spotted FB Marshall 14 then dropped 30 straight on them, ALL in district play.

WOS is an excellent program with excellent athletes and a great coach which is why they play competitive games on a given night against bigger teams. There's a reason though that the games with WOS have been close but PNG's last 4 games against the 5A teams from over here have been mostly blowouts where we've averaged about 50 per game.

The true question is why has Crosby not scheduled WOS?

Why would we when you can schedule state ranked Dawson or Angleton or Ennis? Why would Dayton schedule them if they could schedule Channelview or Elkins? All games that would be tougher and more relevant to what we would see in the playoffs. WOS needed OT to break 30 on PNG, after finishing 3rd in the district like PNG did Dayton dropped 56 on them in regulation with their wr playing Qb. Crosby went down to Brazoria county and played Angleton in non-district, same Angleton team that lost a squeaker to Hutto in the 3rd round and we nearly rematched with in the quarterfinals. That game helped Crosby a lot more than a game with Huffman would have, even if Huffman could've made it reasonbly competitive. That's why we don't schedule WOS, we're not scared to play big time opponents in our own classification. Even if we have to leave Houston.