Kelly St.Thomas outcome?

Kelly lost 2-0.  Matt Kirby was out with an ankle injury and the field was in the worst condition I have ever seen it; pure mud.  Kelly usually has an advantage at home because we play on a large field.  St. Thomas has a small field in their football stadium surrounded by a track.  The mud largely negated our speed and skill advantage and made it a game of odd or lucky bounces.  Kelly had a lot of chances to score but just couldn't finish in the mud.  St. Thomas scored in the first half on a ball that appeared to be rolling to the keeper but just stopped in a wet spot right in front of a St. Thomas player.  The second goal was when a defender and the keeper collided and the ball rolled right in front of a St. Thomas player for an easy score.  I will give credit to the St. Thomas keeper for making some great stops. Stockie for Kelly made a great stop on a PK.  However, I think on a dry field Kelly wins with or without Kirby.  Both teams had already clinched first round bye, but now St. Thomas wins district and gets their first playoff game at home.  Kelly has to travel to play the winner of the Dallas area district which appears to be Ft. Worth Nolan.

From the coach . . . We played hard and just couldn't find the net . . . Thomas played well, In the long run we are a better team than thomas the captialized on there chances and we didn't. we are better off playing Nolan. Nolan Expecting to win State again this year. This gives us the challange to see if we are State Champion team or not. Playoff round starting Feb 17th. . . We will be ready . . . (Thats A Promise) Like someone said before we cannot make excuses . . . and im not so we will see when Feb 17th comes around.

I would be me Sharkfut . . . . Thanks for your kind words . .. .The team has played very well. I think we are at 17-3-1 We lost thomas and St louis our rivals out of LA . ..  You want talk about a talented team thats the one - they are outstanding we beat them twice and it was a battle . .. EVery Kid plays on that team and does it well. .

the fields condition is a part of the game you just have to get over. St. thomas was playing on the same field and they seemed to get the job done. That just sounds like a crappy excuse

Not an excuse, just a reason.  And thomas did hold it down and put 2 away.  we couldnt finish.  But, except for a game i played in snow in ohio (I used to live there) that was the worst playing conditions i have ever played in.  But once again, the bad field is the reason we lost, not an excuse for losing

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder