Barbay Coldspring Oakhurst

MEM

You are correct that the superintendent has nothing to do with the play on the field. His job though is to make sure that the right person is in place to lead the team and athletic department. I think the biggest thing here is this guy is handing out a demotion to a department that has the least amount of issues. Coach Barbay has worked very hard to do what he has in Coldspring. Also this affects his family as well. No reason for him to be demoted. This superintendent is making a serious mistake with what he is doing. I really doubt this guy will be around in a few years. Coldspring is probably just another stepping stone for him to go somewhere else. Where as Coach Barbay was going to make Coldspring his last stop. Very disappointed with what is happening.

I am sure there is a lot more to the story than what most truly know. The Supt job is to make sure all kids a performing at their highest level academically first and the rest to follow. Gibson is in his 2nd year at COCISD and make great strides to get the district where it meets and exceeds state standards. I am sure he has justification on his dicission on re- assigning Barbay to head fb coach.

What you don't realize in all of this talking about firing the board and the supt. The supt can make disissons about peronal without the boards approval as it is his/her job to place personal where they see will be best for the district.

With all that being said, is it football season yet?!?

You are correct that the superintendent has nothing to do with the play on the field. His job though is to make sure that the right person is in place to lead the team and athletic department. I think the biggest thing here is this guy is handing out a demotion to a department that has the least amount of issues. Coach Barbay has worked very hard to do what he has in Coldspring. Also this affects his family as well. No reason for him to be demoted. This superintendent is making a serious mistake with what he is doing. I really doubt this guy will be around in a few years. Coldspring is probably just another stepping stone for him to go somewhere else. Where as Coach Barbay was going to make Coldspring his last stop. Very disappointed with what is happening.

+1

I am sure there is a lot more to the story than what most truly know. The Supt job is to make sure all kids a performing at their highest level academically first and the rest to follow. Gibson is in his 2nd year at COCISD and make great strides to get the district where it meets and exceeds state standards. I am sure he has justification on his dicission on re- assigning Barbay to head fb coach.

What you don't realize in all of this talking about firing the board and the supt. The supt can make disissons about peronal without the boards approval as it is his/her job to place personal where they see will be best for the district.

With all that being said, is it football season yet?!?

*It's "decisions"

I know people are going to take this wrong. But you just don't mix Coldspring football with Shepherd football, it will not end well. Shepherd has their own problems to fix. If Coldspring players are not doing good in the classroom in Coldspring we sure don't need anymore problem children in Shepherd. That is not a knock on either school it is just the way it is. I know Coldspring high school is acceptable, but if these players are not going to improve Shepherd in the education department, then you do not sell out to win a few more football games.

I know people are going to take this wrong. But you just don't mix Coldspring football with Shepherd football, it will not end well. Shepherd has their own problems to fix. If Coldspring players are not doing good in the classroom in Coldspring we sure don't need anymore problem children in Shepherd. That is not a knock on either school it is just the way it is. I know Coldspring high school is acceptable, but if these players are not going to improve Shepherd in the education department, then you do not sell out to win a few more football games.

I forgot Shepherd is so almighty. Please give me a break. Those athletes in Coldspring are not bad at all. Academically they are capable of doing great in the classroom. I think it's you that needs a wake up call.

Ok are we gonna have this conversation? Ok.
I've seen the kids at Coldspring. They are really athletic, have a lot of speed, a lot of depth, a lot of size, a lot of talent. Will it remain like that? Who knows. But any halfway decent coach could have success with those kids. I'm not saying Barbay doesn't do a good job...because I believe he knows football and knows how to coach. I'm just saying you have to have talent.
UMass was the worst ranked D1 football team in America. Nick Saban could not go there and EVER beat Alabama.

Everything you say about the CS athletes is true. And they had that same type talent in those losing years while in the district with Jasper. As I remember the losing only stopped when Barbay showed up. But if there is substance to the rumors, feel sorry for Coldsring, not Barbay. He will quickly land on his feet somewhere else.

Everything you say about the CS athletes is true. And they had that same type talent in those losing years while in the district with Jasper. As I remember the losing only stopped when Barbay showed up. But if there is substance to the rumors, feel sorry for Coldsring, not Barbay. He will quickly land on his feet somewhere else.

To be fair getting out of a district with teams like Jasper might have played into that success.