Barbay Coldspring Oakhurst

MEM

What's going on in San Jacinto Co? Hearing strong rumblings that superintendent and school board are trying to force Barbay out.

Hearing that they're trying to take away the AD title and reassign. I guess theoretically he could still be the head coach but who'd stay around for a demotion in tile, authority & possibly paycut?

Somethings going on and unfortunately I think the kids and community are going to end up suffering in the end.

Given the problems COCISD has currently with meeting classroom standard why are they messing with one of the bright spots.

Outside of the football program (which Barbay resurrected) what other sport has been better than average?

What's going on in San Jacinto Co? Hearing strong rumblings that superintendent and school board are trying to force Barbay out.

Hearing that they're trying to take away the AD title and reassign. I guess theoretically he could still be the head coach but who'd stay around for a demotion in tile, authority & possibly paycut?

Somethings going on and unfortunately I think the kids and community are going to end up suffering in the end.

Given the problems COCISD has currently with meeting classroom standard why are they messing with one of the bright spots.

Outside of the football program (which Barbay resurrected) what other sport has been better than average?

They want him to lose that 1963 flattop

They were winning 2 to 3 games a year for a long time before Barbay arrived. They easily could return to that.

Ok are we gonna have this conversation? Ok.

I've seen the kids at Coldspring. They are really athletic, have a lot of speed, a lot of depth, a lot of size, a lot of talent. Will it remain like that? Who knows. But any halfway decent coach could have success with those kids. I'm not saying Barbay doesn't do a good job...because I believe he knows football and knows how to coach. I'm just saying you have to have talent.

UMass was the worst ranked D1 football team in America. Nick Saban could not go there and EVER beat Alabama.

You have to know how to utilize the talent you have. Barbay knows how to do this. I've seen him beat other teams that had more talent. Coldspring will never be the same without him and good luck hiring even a average coach much less a halfway decent coach.

I heard that over 70 people applied for the Hardin job. Including some very qualified people. That's HARDIN. No offense....but I wouldn't consider Hardin to be much of a good football job. Do you honestly think there wouldn't be some good coaches apply to a school spending the better part of a decade being an area powerhouse. Come on man.

Ok are we gonna have this conversation? Ok.

But any halfway decent coach could have success with those kids.

Where were all the halfway decent coaches before Barbay's arrival?...Sounds very simplistic to just go out and hire a "halfway decent coach" but last I checked no one really wants to play for a halfway decent coach when you already have better...

Folks don't need to look any further than about 25 miles to the south (Cleveland ISD) to see what happens when a superintendent and school board decide to run a good coach out of town....Check out George Ranch High Schools record the last few years to see what the coach they couldn't wait to get rid of has done..

This post is getting funny. Get your facts straight. According to TEA Coldspring oak hurst HS is academically acceptable so no one will transfer. Does a superintendent and school board reassign a coach for no reason. Barbay is successful but he will continue to coach football. And a top football program will draw a lot of applicants. Tullos might have been run out of town. Barbay is still the head coach. Coaches are not reassigned for just no reason. Does anyone know why in this case?

I've seen the kids at Coldspring. They are really athletic, have a lot of speed, a lot of depth, a lot of size, a lot of talent. Will it remain like that? Who knows. But any halfway decent coach could have success with those kids.

Didn't Jerry Jones say something similar to that a few...damn 20 years ago?

Nick Saban could not go to the Unifersity of Houston...and beat Alabama. Ever.

Does that mean Nick Saban is not a great football coach? No. It means that you have to have talent. Coldspring has had a lot of talented kids recently.

I agree on UMass. But maybe a shot here? Not THAT long ago when UH had top 5 teams. And he would no longer be at Bama. They had some really bad years before he got there. I probably agree with you slightly though due to the difference in conferences from the Ware/Klingler days and now. But if U of H ever gets in the Big 12 (like recent talk has suggested), I would definitely disagree.

But point in general taken....

Loyd...do a little more research and get back to us. Deweyville or Whitney had not won before he got there. Check some other stops. Superintendents do not win or lose games. They do not throw or catch passes. They do not block or tackle. Allen HS won two state championships in a row. A new supt comes to town and they won a third. Minneola got to the state championship game without a superintendentn. Cameron"s superintendent is retiring. Will they no longer be relevant?

Coldspring has played in state championship games prior to the Barbay era. If he is the best thing that has happened to Coldspring then he should stay and do what he does best. Coach football.