4-star RB Kameron Martin (PA Memorial) Receives Offer from the University of Texas!!

kameron is still headed to Waco and from what I've heard it's solid commit. Now I'm sure it will be a thought in back of his mind as to playing at DKR but Baylor showed him love very early and i know he really likes that part of it

I think this is true for now. But again, signing day is a year away. And when you dream of playing somewhere for a long time and that dream becomes a reality, sometimes it's hard to pass that up. I think if they get him to visit, there's at least a 50% chance he'll flip.

I think this is true for now. But again, signing day is a year away. And when you dream of playing somewhere for a long time and that dream becomes a reality, sometimes it's hard to pass that up. I think if they get him to visit, there's at least a 50% chance he'll flip.

I'm not sure Charlie could flip him, especially if another back like Tray Williams commits in the same class. it would be tough for him to be the feature back at Texas which is what a lot of high school backs see their self as at the next level, he would probably have to only beat out one guy for that designation at Baylor. Baylor's style of run game is probably more condusive to the type runner Martin is also, lot more stretch and outside run plays in Baylor's system versus what Texas likes to do between the tackles which is why most of their backs are pretty much 200 lbs already when they're being recruited. I think Baylor or maybe even TCU is the right choice for him.

I'm not sure Charlie could flip him, especially if another back like Tray Williams commits in the same class. it would be tough for him to be the feature back at Texas which is what a lot of high school backs see their self as at the next level, he would probably have to only beat out one guy for that designation at Baylor. Baylor's style of run game is probably more condusive to the type runner Martin is also, lot more stretch and outside run plays in Baylor's system versus what Texas likes to do between the tackles which is why most of their backs are pretty much 200 lbs already when they're being recruited. I think Baylor or maybe even TCU is the right choice for him.

Strong is opening up to a more up-tempo spread. For Las year, this statement may have been true. But for the next couple of years, Texas will be just as good a fit offensively for Martin.

Strong is opening up to a more up-tempo spread. For Las year, this statement may have been true. But for the next couple of years, Texas will be just as good a fit offensively for Martin.

Maybe the terms "open up" and "spread" are a little misleading. It'll be a spread in the sense that the qb will take snaps from the gun instead of under center and they'll probably call a few more plays from a sugar huddle or at the line. Since Charlie has taken over I think they've only signed one interior lineman other than Cuney and Vahe who were already committed, they're building an offensive line using mostly high school tackles that should mirror Arkansas' line in a couple of years. Texas' spread will look a lot more like Urban Meyers' spread offenses at Florida with Tebow and his current Ohio State team. I don't know if you saw the playoff game but there wasn't much around the corner running on 'Bama, it was blowing people off the ball and running right through their front seven. Texas isn't going to run a finesse air raid like A&M, Tech or Baylor. Kam would have more of a Daje Johnson or Romance Taylor type role versus the load back role Warren and Foreman will play.