22-5A Juggernauts

badndn

Central, with 12 football players signing NLI's to play at the next level. Congrats to those excellent student athletes.
So why is it that Faircloth gets so much crap on this site for not winning District each year when reality is he's competing, and winning or darn near winning like this year, against teams with way, way more athletic talent across the board. Even Ozen regularly has multiple D1 athletes in it's FB program. This year withstanding Nederland has had multiple D1 recruits and several others play D2 or D3 the last 5-6 years (mostly big guys on the lines). Nueman has the edge in coaching with less I agree, but he has also been at this for 20+ years. So wouldn't it be correct to say Faircloth does way more with less than the other top three 22-5A football programs?

I don't think that and Faircloth wouldn't agree Imo at least.
last two years alone have seen guys named:
Walker
HalFin
Rose
Morse
Sullivan
Givin
Sparks
Benoit
Milan
Hughes
Murdock
Broussard
Lejeune
Rembert
Mangini
Wardlow
McNeal

PNG isn't struggling for talent. Several those guys listed rewrote PNG record books too

Central, with 12 football players signing NLI's to play at the next level. Congrats to those excellent student athletes.
So why is it that Faircloth gets so much crap on this site for not winning District each year when reality is he's competing, and winning or darn near winning like this year, against teams with way, way more athletic talent across the board. Even Ozen regularly has multiple D1 athletes in it's FB program. This year withstanding Nederland has had multiple D1 recruits and several others play D2 or D3 the last 5-6 years (mostly big guys on the lines). Nueman has the edge in coaching with less I agree, but he has also been at this for 20+ years. So wouldn't it be correct to say Faircloth does way more with less than the other top three 22-5A football programs?

Because even with those 12 signees Central was down by 40 after three quarters in their first round game. There's people in PNG who realize that winning district doesn't guarantee the results past week 10 people are looking for. Then there's people in PNG who think if they win the district that they're close, scores would indicate otherwise but at least it gives some semblance of improvement which will pacify some of the critics.

When your two most talented teams combine to lose by almost 50, your best offense still a field goal shy of losing by 2 tds and your 4 time district champ, who's your most physical team, gets out-muscled. . . There's people who will compare Faircloth to his 5A peers, not just his 5A neighbors.

I don't think that and Faircloth wouldn't agree Imo at least.
last two years alone have seen guys named:
Walker
HalFin
Rose
Morse
Sullivan
Givin
Sparks
Benoit
Milan
Hughes
Murdock
Broussard
Lejeune
Rembert
Mangini
Wardlow
McNeal
PNG isn't struggling for talent. Several those guys listed rewrote PNG record books too

That may be the issue you're not seeing. You shouldn't rewrite the record book and still go to SE Louisiana. Talent trumps any system, but can you honestly say guys like Halfin and Walker would have started at other quality 5A programs in region 3? I think he's doing an above average job with what depth and quality he has.

D Washington was big, but don't think he qualifies as multiple

Because even with those 12 signees Central was down by 40 after three quarters in their first round game. There's people in PNG who realize that winning district doesn't guarantee the results past week 10 people are looking for. Then there's people in PNG who think if they win the district that they're close, scores would indicate otherwise but at least it gives some semblance of improvement which will pacify some of the critics.

When your two most talented teams combine to lose by almost 50, your best offense still a field goal shy of losing by 2 tds and your 4 time district champ, who's your most physical team, gets out-muscled. . . There's people who will compare Faircloth to his 5A peers, not just his 5A neighbors.

Be sure to also add that the team Central lost to was VERY good, was state ranked ALL year, and have beaten a lot of teams by a lot..

Pn-g wad a good team and have been Since Faircloth have been here. I just think that the coaches and parents don't do a good enough job getting their children exposure.....

Be sure to also add that the team Central lost to was VERY good, was state ranked ALL year, and have beaten a lot of teams by a lot..
Pn-g wad a good team and have been Since Faircloth have been here. I just think that the coaches and parents don't do a good enough job getting their children exposure.....

A PNG poster made the comment about Faircloth being able to play Central close with the 12 signees. King has one D1 kid but still put up 699 yards on Central and was up by 40 when they called off the dogs. My point was that while Faircloth is a good coach for being able to play y'all close, Price was fired at BH for a similar record as Faircloth's current one but when you gave him just a few players his coaching ability blew away Central's talent. Some people will compare Faircloth to Foreman, but some will compare him to the guys that beat the brakes off Foreman even with his host of riches is all I was saying.

Halfin yes. Sparks and rose yes. Walker was a 2000 yard passers and two time all district db. Faircloth has done great job but it's a disservice to kids if you think those guys aren't talented.

I never said they weren't talented. I saw them both play, Halfin was pulled for ineffectiveness and Walker was pulled before the first quarter was over. A 2k yard passer? I would hope so since he led the district in attempts. I think the kid from Porter threw for 2k over here a year or two ago, not sure Porter won a game that year but he led the district in attempts which accumulated the yardage. When you're a playoff team from your district you're going to have multiple all-district selections. PNG's defense has given up like 115 points their last two playoff games, what does being all-district on that defense really encompass? What team would Halfin have started for over here at rb? I'm not saying the kids weren't talented, I'm just saying what you view as high level talent and what recruiters or other evaluators view as that caliber of talent probably differ significantly. Like I said earlier, Faircloth is just playing the hand he's dealt.

was the kid Opie a starter. That kid is strong. Guess that makes it even more impressive if your not a starter and still get to play at the next level.

Yeah, Opie was #57. He would have been more dominant last year but he got nicked up a few games into the season. We probably lost 8 true starters if you're going off who played during our playoff run. Our '15 and '16 classes are the ones people have been waiting for. Should be multiple D1's from those classes and at least 20 signees between the two. Opie is a beast in the weight room, I just wish you could see Vernon Allen.

I saw Crosby had 12 kids sign yesterday. Don't think any were D1 but still very impressive. Took up the front page of the chronicle. I didn't realize how many starters Crosby had graduating of last team.

Coach Mann is one of the reasons a lot of kids from Crosby are getting opportunities now. He works his tail off for the kids.

Is he really the recruiting coordinator? Saw that somewhere. Is that a stipend on top of his coaching position or does he do it as a service to the community?

Don't know honestly, should get more imo. Central is doing well also with getting kids the opportunity at the next level. If you look at all of these kids going to the next level, you'd definiely have to say BF is doing less with more. I guess this makes the disclaimer BF is a good coach true!