WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MEANING OF "STATE"

ladybug33

Nope.

But assume they do...a school from each region makes it to state. So technically...no matter where you have it someone is "closer to home" than everyone else. So...might as well have it at nicest stadium.

Q?........HOW many times Allen / Cedar Hill have already played there this year along. ....

I disagree Buddy, The intention for "State" UIL championship was that it was played in AUSTIN. That is no longer the case. It all about venue, and where money is being made to fund UIL and other places who bid to make money from HS players. There is a lot of money being made and some how that gets lost.

Basketball is being played in San Antionio this year. Half of the baseball tournament is played in Round Rock. I don't really get your point about it having to be in Austin.

Basketball is being played in San Antionio this year. Half of the baseball tournament is played in Round Rock. I don't really get your point about it having to be in Austin.

Yes I heard. My point is UIL and these expensive venues such as Jerry's World has generated a lot of money that is going where to benefit High School Football? What are these young men receiving for their efforts.  Especially the ones who are not getting offered scholarships to play in the college divisions. Is Jerry giving back to the schools that visit his place other than charter buses for the teams he like? Where are the funds going to after these games are complete. To the owners of the Venues and UIL. I love going to the ROCKETS GAMES, and TEXANS game too , to see professional games. Why are we so hung up on venues, and not caring about the millions of dollars that high school football and basketball generates. More money should be going back to the schools, and to programs where colleges will open up spaces for players . 

I wont be be the first time Buddy...I'm not complaining I just asked questions about these kinds of things as a taxpayer.

So I have a question. Should UIL give money back to only the schools that make it to the venue? Because those are the only parents that bring money to the games. Because parents of players are the only ones complaining about where it is played.

Or should UIL give scholarship money to every school with a public school football team? And only benefit BOYS that play football?

And should hotels and restaurants give back the money they bring in because of the football state championships.

I'm just wondering exactly what it is you want to happen.

So I have a question. Should UIL give money back to only the schools that make it to the venue? Because those are the only parents that bring money to the games. Because parents of players are the only ones complaining about where it is played.

Or should UIL give scholarship money to every school with a public school football team? And only benefit BOYS that play football?

And should hotels and restaurants give back the money they bring in because of the football state championships.

I'm just wondering exactly what it is you want to happen.

??

You do understand that a lot of money is given out to each school that plays in the game based on attendance of their game. That money is then used by the schools to fund other sports and academics such as Tennis and Number Sense. Having it in a place where many fans will be able to show up throughout the state helps not just football and UIL but the non money making sports and students that do not compete in football. So you are referring to taxpayer dollars then consider that without the money from these games schools may not be able to offer sports such as baseball or softball without charging more in taxes

This is a good discussion which other people in Texas may agree with and will ask. If we are splitting so much money to owners of the expensive venues how much really is going to the schools. Do you think that Colleges such as UT would be charge so much money to use their fields, I think not and therefore, more money would go to the high schools as it should be.  Politicians might agree also, that more scholarships to colleges for HS sports may be a good thing as well. By all means I just raised the question what is wrong with Austin Texas for high school football? Carry on Jerry's World it is ;)

I believe the more games that are played in expensive arena's the less money is given to schools.

They have always had the state title games in these large stadiums, but they were spread out across the state. Have you ever thought it may be cheaper to have the games all at one site instead of multiple locations?

I have no idea of the cost, but I did play baseball in the Astrodome many times when I was in HS. We always had to schedule a double header with 2 other teams to offset the cost. It was cheaper per school to split the cost 4 ways for 2 games than it was to just have the stadium to ourselves. The uil isn't in the business of wasting money, so i'm sure they have ran the numbers and made the best decision for them.

I disagree Buddy, The intention for "State" UIL championship was that it was played in AUSTIN. That is no longer the case. It all about venue, and where money is being made to fund UIL and other places who bid to make money from HS players. There is a lot of money being made and some how that gets lost.

Lady, you've got to be kidding! 

From what I understand this thread to be is everyone wants Jerry's World. Ok we can debate this for the next year or so, and still conclude that the expensive venues are the best route for HSF. Ok then.

I haven't seen any numbers stating what Jerry is getting paid so I guess we are all assuming its a lot? Maybe he cuts the UIL a good deal and is happy just making money off selling his $9 cokes and $13 hamburgers to increase the brand of his stadium.