2015 Dayton

Matt

Wasn't  Hancock a defensive coach before he hit the Head Coach lotto ??? I for one would like to see Dayton get back to playing defense for a change we haven't seen a dominate defense for four years now (sucks) !  I know I and a lot of Dayton fans are getting sick & tired of the mediocrity we see year in and year out. We need someone that garners respect from the players,parents and fans we don't need someone that bashes and blames the players for getting blown out by the likes of Summer Creek or CE King. ( that's hardly being a man)  Year after year we have talented players quit or move to another town the bleeding has to stop- Dayton is a football town not much else to brag about . Dayton football with Jerry Stewart put Dayton on the map - Stewart set the standard  and were not going to settle for second or third best we deserve better.  Crosby went out and got Jeff Riordan look what he has done for them  !!!!!! http://vype.com/setx/2014/11/29/crosby-makes-school-history-advances-past-brenham-38-20

I understand your frustrations. It's interesting because a lot of Bronco fans aren't satisfied with a second round exit, especially since that Angleton game was yours for the taking. On the flip side, you guys beat up the Beaumont district teams year in and year out and aren't that far off from a deep run. What I can't believe is the mentality at a place like the Reservation where people go into panic mode if the BF rumor mill starts churning that he may leave for a college job. I don't see how they can be satisfied with the job he has done over there. In Crosby, a first round exit and poor showing against Vidor got KF run out of town. In that game, Crosby averaged 10 yards a carry but something had to change. My question is, do you risk making a change to get better when a new coach might not get better results?

So what does everyone expect from Dayton next year, I know they are losing some really good players, what they got coming back?
Will they have enough offense to counteract that screen door defense Hancock has put in place?

a ton coming back. All 5 offensive lineman. Starting rb and slot receiver. 3 starting linebackers and a safety. A kid that was a transfer last year and had to play jv is going to be a beast. He is big and has real good speed. A legit 6"1 210 as a sophmore. Plays linebacker and receiver. Also several 3 techs that basically started because they sub so much. But to answer your question if dayton can't stop the run against literally anyone it will be another playoff game or 2 at best. Did have several good young players quit last year and I'm hoping they find their way back next year.

New leadership=no dist championship,last 2 yrs 4th & 3rd place{no playoffs in old system}no developed leadership at qb & none returning/experience.When you're making adjustments w/players in week 10 you're not evaluating the talent pool at hand.Your best talented/explosive player should be @qb w/#2 back-up qb your 2nd most dangerous/talented kid.Now to the big issue=defense{what made Dayt,back in those days few{only 3 or so kids ran for over 100 yds in a game/in a season}next=3 man front is not effective stopping/slowing down a power run game unless you have a beast @ nose guard{none since D Wright sr@SMU).Verses Angleton no halftime adjustments w/3 man front giving 5 yds head start & getting beat by 4 plays.Something must change the kids@varsity level are not giving 100%to the team,it shows in practice & in the game.Starts w/leadership,why does a team w/19 straight playoff appearances never have more than 21 srs @ 5a level,playing teams w/26 to 49 srs.Kids need coaching them up,not tearing them down w/threats.Stewart hangs it up 1 day soon the streak ends=end of story cause when he's involved the kiddos get after it w/intensity.Currentlywe hanging thanks to other teams helping us out by beating opponents.2015 dist 21-5a is loaded w/young talents & coaches,we need to go back to developing young talent,lately the kicking game has been the solid game Dayton has had,because we ain't scoring tds like we once did.You got to play your talents @ hand,playin favs will get ya trouble,seen enuff in the past before 1996 when Dayt program ran by politics in town

a ton coming back. All 5 offensive lineman. Starting rb and slot receiver. 3 starting linebackers and a safety. A kid that was a transfer last year and had to play jv is going to be a beast. He is big and has real good speed. A legit 6"1 210 as a sophmore. Plays linebacker and receiver. Also several 3 techs that basically started because they sub so much. But to answer your question if dayton can't stop the run against literally anyone it will be another playoff game or 2 at best. Did have several good young players quit last year and I'm hoping they find their way back next year.

Make a great QB don't ya think?  

If the soph transfer might be the starter at qb next year,shouldn't he have been playing that position on jv all of this past season? We lost a good prospect for the qb position when the freshman qb from last  year transferred to GCM. Given the opportunity, he looked like he would have been a good one. I agree, everything that can be done to keep the young talent at Dayton should be done. I hope to see a much better defense next season, hopefully something will change. 

I've said this on several occasions Dayton's players aren't the problem it starts at the top with the leadership(AKA Coaching Staff)

Our program has constantly declined since Stewart stepped down and everyone whether they say it out loud or keep it to themselves know it.

This year we had the opportunity to  make it to week 3 with less than 2mins. left in game and the other team with no timeouts left to seal the deal but instead of running for the 1st down on 3rd and long on the wrong end of the field we throw a pic with a short field to score on. Should've run the ball instead and even if you don't get 1st down yardage you still get to punt ball down the field and give our defense good field position to stop Angleton and win ball game.

Last year same issue have opportunity to try a field goal to get ahead with not much time left in game but no we ran it instead, when your in the play-offs you go for the win and have faith in those young men playing their hearts out for you on the field.

Coaching a team means fixing the problems that are present and making the right adjustments when needed but blaming those players on the sidelines at the ball games which I have seen quite a bit of  the last several years is wrong those kids are just doing what their being coached to do on the field. Maybe if we correct the problems starting at the coaching level the kids that play key positions wouldn't quit and the players that stay would work harder if they are built up instead of constantly being put the blame upon.

Go Broncos 2015!!!!!!!!!!! 

Alot of good talent coming up for dayton, if it is used right then dayton will do great things the next few years. Yeah we will lose good talent this year but the kids are there and ready to play all they need is the right leadership, or the current leaders to stand up and do what is right, give the kids respect then you earn their respect and they play with more heart, play ur talent not ur favorites.

Who the heck wants to transfer to Dayton?! What does Dayton have too offer?! 5 donut shops, 72 gas stations & a hog problem, not to mention a failing education system. There are soooo many extracurricular programs that Dayton doesn't have that surrounding school districts offer, not too mention top notch facilities. We're talking about coaches?!?! That's not even remotely the problem. That's Dayton for ya.....it's called thinking outside of the box. Will never change.

For starters for those that don't know=what $ come into Bronco stadium/high school goes into general fund.Largest home side concession stand where main entry is=Band Boosters *Visitors concessions=2=teachers assc.Bronco booster club east end smallest concession + turkey leg/sauslink/boudin smoker.Letters sent out to parents via kids in atheletics=no volunteering parents to work concessions.Newly formed 100 Club trying to make a difference,now w/ 20 donating members.Golf team now on upswing=scholarships given/available by a best friend=generous donor, that continues,we can make a impact,will  you help,coaches should not be put on a list to work concession stands

For starters for those that don't know=what $ come into Bronco stadium/high school goes into general fund.Largest home side concession stand where main entry is=Band Boosters *Visitors concessions=2=teachers assc.Bronco booster club east end smallest concession + turkey leg/sauslink/boudin smoker.Letters sent out to parents via kids in atheletics=no volunteering parents to work concessions.Newly formed 100 Club trying to make a difference,now w/ 20 donating members.Golf team now on upswing=scholarships given/available by a best friend=generous donor, that continues,we can make a impact,will you help,coaches should not be put on a list to work concession stands

And also considering Dayton is in the middle of the "surrounding area" schools. South BH I-10 plant industry. West Crosby butted up to Houston. Booming business growth there. North Nothing.. East, Beaumont next big town.. So kinda hard to build "facilities" when you dont have the revenue like the "surrounding schools"

And also considering Dayton is in the middle of the "surrounding area" schools. South BH I-10 plant industry. West Crosby butted up to Houston. Booming business growth there. North Nothing.. East, Beaumont next big town.. So kinda hard to build "facilities" when you dont have the revenue like the "surrounding schools"

Growth is on the horizon,not many young folk farming kinfolk land,but 1,000's of acres to build on.Growth in BH is traveling west off fm 1942 and north on 146 towards Dayt,incl hatcherville road.Keep building/adding to plant facilities,soon folk will leave for cleaner air/country atmosphere all within easy driving distance,but 1st must hire/pay/teachers=get academics levels better.Dayton ISD has a lot of land w/o anything on it.Poor planning scattered schools,plenty room by new HS for mega campus w/land surrounding DHS to Norcross lane south & west.No industry as CNC rail yard facility largest DISD taxpayer

Who the heck wants to transfer to Dayton?! What does Dayton have too offer?! 5 donut shops, 72 gas stations & a hog problem, not to mention a failing education system. There are soooo many extracurricular programs that Dayton doesn't have that surrounding school districts offer, not too mention top notch facilities. We're talking about coaches?!?! That's not even remotely the problem. That's Dayton for ya.....it's called thinking outside of the box. Will never change.

What good would transfers do if you don't have the coaches to coach the kids you already have. In the Angleton game there were kids trying to coach each other when they could not get any coaching from the sidelines.