Mike Riley to Nebraska

Bulldog92

Downgrade from Bo?

He was 93-80 in 14 years at Oregon St including 5-7 last year.

I used to live in Seattle and follow the Pac 12, so I know a little about him. It's really hard to win in Corvallis and he did a good job there. He'll do well at Nebraska. I expected a big name and like most of the fan base, I'm underwhelmed, but I think he's a better overall coach than Pelini. 

You remember what happen the last time a pass happy coach came to Lincoln. We just went down hill.

He normally runs a pretty balanced offense, but they've had tons of OL injuries the past few years. He had the Rodgers brothers a few years back and they ran on everybody. 

I think he'll get better players at NU and do a better job with the QB group than we've seen and make a guy like Stanton an NFL caliber QB. The offense will be fine. I'm interested in who comes in and runs the defense. 

He's a better coach than Pelini. Bo wouldn't do crap at Oregon State. 

I think Larry will be good with this. There isn't an expert anywhere that's blasting this hire. I remember three different coaching searches at Washington (Huskies) when a very savvy and rabid fan base practically begged for UW to look at Riley. He's VERY well respected for what he's done in Corvallis. 

Remember that the Chargers hired him from there before he went back. The guy can coach.