Community Support

That's why I say, if you have not seen a Navasota game, you are missing out. For a medium size school to pack that stadium, was very awesome to experience that. BG / LilTex & Trockett and myself were packed in a lil hole up at the top but I wouldnt have traded for another seat in the house.

That's why I say, if you have not seen a Navasota game, you are missing out. For a medium size school to pack that stadium, was very awesome to experience that. BG / LilTex & Trockett and myself were packed in a lil hole up at the top but I wouldnt have traded for another seat in the house.

Yup! 

Congratulations to Navasota, Crosby and Dickinson on their continuing play-off runs!!!  I have to add that the Tarkington community showed up en masse at Bryan for their first playoff game.  Someone estimated 2500 folks there in the drizzling, cold rain.  Then Tarkington's stands were again full in Lindale, (3 1/2 hour drive) for the second game.  Now, no rude comments about why.  This is why I love high school football, the players' and coaches' passion and the parents' and communities' support.  No better way to spend Friday nights or Saturdays in the Fall!!

If yall ever get a chance to see a traditional west Texas power(Abilene, Cisco, Canadian, Sweetwater,Albany..to name a few) in action, their crowds are a thing of beauty. They really love their football in that part of the state.

Thats correct, I've personally seen it. 

Like said, high school football is a way of life in the State of Texas!

That is true. I've lived in at one time or other and attended football games in several parts of the state and it's the same everywhere.  A lot of people would be surprised at the size of crowds at games in the RGV and how important football is in a lot of the towns down there and how passionate they are about their teams.

That is true. I've lived in at one time or other and attended football games in several parts of the state and it's the same everywhere. A lot of people would be surprised at the size of crowds at games in the RGV and how important football is in a lot of the towns down there and how passionate they are about their teams.

Absolutely!