Rockdale 27 Kirbyville 20/Final

WOSgrad

I want to say that from where I was sitting, this was a clean game. When power is struggled over like it was during this game, often emotions run high and it's reflected in attitude on the field. The players were all helping each other up, saw lots if helmet taps and talking exchanged between the teams during the game. Afterwards during Kirbyvilles alma mater, the entire Rockdale organization stood behind our team and clapped when it was over before going back to their own side, which I thought was a class act. No doubt our guys are hurting this morning...super Proud to be a Wildcat

I had to miss this game, but I listened to it on the radio. I'm not sure how to feel to be honest. I mean, we lost...fair and square...to a great team. But there's that nagging 'we had it' feeling too. We were 7 yds away. !! 7 !! But, that's football. I guess it's better than getting blown out 60-0 right? Good luck to Rockdale the rest of the way. You HAVE to win state now.  :P

I just want to say how proud I an of our boys. they played until the very end of the game. they never gave up and that was an awesome GAME! if we could have shaken off those nerves quicker at the beginning it could have been a whole bigger ball game. great job Cats! I can not wait until next year!!! I would also Luke to say that I love living in south east Texas because everyone cheers for everyone. We were in Conro and sitting beside me was a Buna Cougar to most people that would mean nothing but to know that even your rival teams hope the best for you means a lot to those boys on the field. I also cheer for many teams in our area and I an keeping up with Jasper as we speak its a great feeling to know we are all their for each other!!!!

I had to miss this game, but I listened to it on the radio. I'm not sure how to feel to be honest. I mean, we lost...fair and square...to a great team. But there's that nagging 'we had it' feeling too. We were 7 yds away. !! 7 !! But, that's football. I guess it's better than getting blown out 60-0 right? Good luck to Rockdale the rest of the way. You HAVE to win state now. :P

Of all of the games I have ever been a part of broadcasting, this one probably ranks in the Top 10 for me.

Kirbyville managed to withstand the first five minutes, when Rockdale exploded.  The Wildcats made the necessary adjustments defensively and unleashed one of the most physical defensive attacks I had ever seen in person.  They were playing fast and physical and left Rockdale with two quarterbacks out and their best back out.

Unfortunately, only one team could win the game and the Wildcats fell just short.  Rockdale made just a couple of more big plays and made them at the right time.  Nothing for the Wildcats to hang their head about, they lost to a good team who played well.  I also noticed the sportsmanship shown by both teams, which to me is a sign of respect for each other.  Rockdale knew they had been through a battle when it was over.

I agree, and thank you Hubbard for the broadcast.  It was good to hear yall too back on the air supporting Wildcat (not that there was anything wrong with the others, just enjoyed having yall back). 

just to echo that point, after the game was with some Kribyville admins and speaking to Rockdale admins and some staff, one of them made the comment: 

"not just saying this to be sportsman,  but you always hear the saying the best team won tonight?  not sure that was the case tonight, but we will take it!" 

then he had a similiar comment about the defense,  saying it was one of the toughest they have faced.

I'll agree with Jereme in that this was one of if not the best games I've been a part of broadcasting.  From the first 5 minutes when we looked at each other and thought oh boy this could be bad to the Wildcats VERY physical defense.  I've not seen a defense fly around and lay the wood like that in a while.  Very tough loss for the Cats but they will be back.  They are a very resilient bunch and Neece has then going in the right direction.