Texas Longhorns basketball.

king

Losing by double digits to Iowa state at home (granted a quality team). But read today that barring a sweet 16 finish, barnes is finished. In other words, he gone.

Guess what seed they are staring in the face: 9seed. Why im saying this you may ask: its 9seed in the MIDWEST. You know who the 1seed will be. ;)

If they stay home I would be very surprised to see Barnes at the helm next year - Texas BB has been under performing for the last few years with the players that they have had - Texas won't stand for that long.

From what I am told, they need to do much more than make the tournament. The AD wanted Barnes gone when he got the job and last year was the only year in a while his team actually over-performed. That, coupled with the Myles Turner signing made it impossible for him to do anything. But we are now back to what has been the case for awhile. While they don't have "S. Smart" on Barnes' office door yet, that is certainly the popular sentiment around Belmont. I don't know if Patterson is a Shaka fan or not and we know he's already made one hire that was contrarian to the BMDs.

Did you read the link I posted? Espn has them in right now.
They're 17-10, but they don't really have a bad loss. They probably needed to win at least 1 of the next two though.

Yeah, Lunardi has had them in all along. I just think they are playing so poorly right now they would be in my first 4-8 out. I am usually of the mind I would rather have a mid major who is playing well in over a major conference school that is mediocre at best. But, if they get a win in their last 2 games and/or make some noise in the Big 12 tournament, I would change my mind. Especially since the Big 12 is probably right behind the ACC in conference strength.

Did you read the link I posted? Espn has them in right now.
They're 17-10, but they don't really have a bad loss. They probably needed to win at least 1 of the next two though.

They have to win at least 1 of those. 17-12 and 6-10 in conference doesn't get them in.

The problem is, they have the talent to beat almost anyone in the country when they actually show up to play. Not many teams would be lining up to play them as a 11 or 12 seed. It just depends if the selection committe goes by talent level or their resume.