Any Coaching Changes for 2015 ?

Eagle0011

@Matt_Stepp817: Breaking from @TheOldCoach Duncanville hires Skyline's Reggie Samples to be HFC Press conf. at 5pm today https://theoldcoach.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=421&tid=178002340&mid=178002340&sid=984&style=2 #txhsfb

Wow!!  Who goes to Desoto and Skyline now? 

@Matt_Stepp817: Breaking from @TheOldCoach Duncanville hires Skyline's Reggie Samples to be HFC Press conf. at 5pm today https://theoldcoach.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=421&tid=178002340&mid=178002340&sid=984&style=2 #txhsfb

Wow!! Who goes to Desoto and Skyline now?

Skyline may be going down now losing him. SOC seems to be getting dallas isd best and has the higher chance of the two to win state.

Food for thought...

RT @Matt_Stepp817 If Westfield looks outside the current staff my thought is they look to a current HC in the Golden Triangle #txhsfb

I wonder why they would do that when there's so many more qualified candidates in Houston who already coach and have had success of that level? There's a big difference beating up on the teams in the Triangle vs trying to beat teams in a district where all 4 squads went at least three deep with two making it to the semis or further. The coaching in Spring ISD, Cy-Fair ISD, Klein ISD and Katy ISD is just flat out better than what the Triangle can produce right now.

Skyline may be going down now losing him. SOC seems to be getting dallas isd best and has the higher chance of the two to win state.

I think Skyline will be fine without Samples IMO. They've been to the playoffs over 20 years in a row which started before Samples and will continue. Skyline is one of the two or three biggest schools in the state and has over 4 times the enrollment of SOC. Skyline just can't get past Allen, even with the talent SOC has they still tend to lose a head scratcher or two evey now and then. With Murray graduating from Allen and Lineweaver retiring from Trinity, Skyline is probably the early favorite to win the 6A D1 title next year.

Alright so now we know that tomorrow is the day, rumor has it there are few big name AD candadate that will apply. We won't somebody that can put us back on the winning track like 2007-2008 teams but even better. Only a couple coaches can do that in my opinions. Only time will tell.

Tommorow is the day for what?

I wonder why they would do that when there's so many more qualified candidates in Houston who already coach and have had success of that level? There's a big difference beating up on the teams in the Triangle vs trying to beat teams in a district where all 4 squads went at least three deep with two making it to the semis or further. The coaching in Spring ISD, Cy-Fair ISD, Klein ISD and Katy ISD is just flat out better than what the Triangle can produce right now.

Wouldn't be a thread without another shot taken at SETX eh? If a school district wants to hire a coach from this area it'll be because they feel he's the best coach for their job. Unless that particular school is hiring you as a consultant, we know the coaches in this area are too good for you.

Wouldn't be a thread without another shot taken at SETX eh? If a school district wants to hire a coach from this area it'll be because they feel he's the best coach for their job. Unless that particular school is hiring you as a consultant, we know the coaches in this area are too good for you.

Not a shot, just the truth. There's only 2 or 3 guys that probably have the qualifications and 2 are older than what Spring ISD would probably hire. What coaches in SETX coach above their talent? Unless someone has an inside track there's no programs in SETX that the powerhouses in north Houston would look at and say, "I want my program to be like that." There's a stigma that the SETX teams can't compete on the highest levels in the state where Westfield does. In SETX there's a lot of, "you're picking on us" type sentiment, over here there's an "oh yeah, let me show you then" approach. There's a reason coaches in SETX keep their jobs for a long time with sub-par records, it's because the people don't demand more like other places. The reason you even made the comment is because you know it's all true.

Not a shot, just the truth. There's only 2 or 3 guys that probably have the qualifications and 2 are older than what Spring ISD would probably hire. What coaches in SETX coach above their talent? Unless someone has an inside track there's no programs in SETX that the powerhouses in north Houston would look at and say, "I want my program to be like that." There's a stigma that the SETX teams can't compete on the highest levels in the state where Westfield does. In SETX there's a lot of, "you're picking on us" type sentiment, over here there's an "oh yeah, let me show you then" approach. There's a reason coaches in SETX keep their jobs for a long time with sub-par records, it's because the people don't demand more like other places. The reason you even made the comment is because you know it's all true.

I don't know that to be true at all. How do you know for a fact that people here don't demand more from their programs? All I see you do on here is take shots, even in the thread about stat-taking (maybe SETX doesn't have the money). Like I said, it doesn't matter where a school hires from, if they feel he is the best fit then they will hire him. I could mention the small schools in the area but I know that wouldn't fit your narrative. How many coaches have been with their programs for a long time and have not produced good seasons? What do you define as long? Why do you think you represent all of Houston anyways? Did every school tell you their requirements? 

So you Dont think Larry Neumann could have success anywhere in this country at the high school level after what he's done at Nederland who was a doormat for two decades before he arrived?. Dude, you lost credibility.

First off, I wasn't trying to gain any credibility. Just an opinion that doesn't mean any more or less than any others on here. Second, Neumann was one of the guys I was talking about that could do it but is too old at this stage with Thompson being the other one. Lastly, to CedarParkForever, Crosby's coach along with Westfield's coach were actually the co-coaches of the year in Houston area. If our kids make a few more plays for him next year he might end up being one of the best coaches in the state of he's not already. Just bittersweet knowing the better results he produces the more likely the chances he follows Meekins path.

By the way CPForever, this is our area, we have a trophy that says so. We also have a trophy that says it's Crosby's region, so technically there's a lot of space I can worry about.