Sad

MoFo

You have to break the cycle....in 4 years of High School football...my mom never saw me play, my dad saw one and he left at halftime...I know how that felt, so I try to make all of my kids events when possible...life happens. I also disagree that many of these parents arent trying and can make it to liquor stores etc...many of these kids are from single parent households, the city bus is transportation....and the parent or parents can't make it

Ladybug33, Mofo meant no harm with this subject. He merely felt sorry for the kids. That is the way I took his post. I promise if this conversation was face to face there would be no anger because you could see the passion in everyone's eye's. Unfortunately  we are reading words which can be misleading. No harm no foul.

I feel the same way, too. My real father left the family when I was four years old and to this day, still doesn't care about me. He only cared more about himself! He wasn't there when I was born and preferred partying like it's 1999 rather than being there when I was born. He also never been to my National Honor Society induction ceremony, the games when I was a manager of the football team (not even one), or my graduation ceremony. My mom has been to one or two of my games. Other than that, she had to work like everyone else. In 2001, when LC-M played Houston Sam Houston, they outdrew their home side at Delmar! Other than that, I feel sorry for these young men and women on what they had to go through!

pe2009, I am proud of you because you turned a negative into a positive. That is what people of character do. But don't let it eat at you, life is too short.

I dont let it eat me...I just remember the feeling of being proud and happy...feeling accomplished and no one even said "how was the game?"........Too often we forget that these ARE kids and these are important times....the reason myself and many of you are taking this to heart now.....I graduated in 92 and it STILL matters to me.

My parents did not come to all of my games also but in their defense they owned their own business and worked all the time. I can't fault them for that they was trying to make a better life for us but I did make sure I did not follow in their footsteps. I went to 99% of my kids games. Because I work to live not live to work.

Parents having to work and miss games or various family reasons are understandable. Travel shouldn't be an acceptable excuse, if there are that many who don't have transportation the school should be sending buses for families and fans. Somewhere there should be support for getting these kids the support that they deserve.