Orangefield 49 Houston Kashmere 35/Final

WOSgrad

Guest ECBucFan

How many Kashmere fans are there? Was told 12 at HJ/Worthing and 15 at WOS/Scarborough. Seriously.

Maybe 40-50. Poor crowd for HK. OF showed up in force.

Random observations:

Air it out vs. ground & pound...

Deciding factors was OF's offensive line blowing holes for Colby Choate, and the OF Defensive secondary who stepped up big!.

HK's QB can chunk it 50+ yards with ease, but not great accuracy. He threw several big picks.

His feet are better than his arm. He's like HF's king, but even faster. Can go the distance on any play.

OF's smash mouth running game is impressive. The line seemed to wear down HK.

OF has to stop the fumbles! 3 coughed up, 2 lost.

Gutsy and correct call to go for it on 4th an 4 at mid field. Got 5 yards and chewed more clock up.

Cold night and the dang wind would not stop.

Congrats OF Bobcats! Thanks for the best game in the area tonight!  

Some crazy offensive stats for Orangefield last night.  545 total yards all rushing no pass attempts.

Colby Choate 40 carries for 331 yards and 6 TDs.  (I would have to think that is an Orangefield school record for rushing yards in a game)

Matthew Kress 14 carries for 133 yards and 1 TD.

Big props to the Offensive Line.  They played great last night.

On defense Sean Langele had 2 INTs.

Some crazy offensive stats for Orangefield last night.  545 total yards all rushing no pass attempts.

Colby Choate 40 carries for 331 yards and 6 TDs.  (I would have to think that is an Orangefield school record for rushing yards in a game)

Matthew Kress 14 carries for 133 yards and 1 TD.

Big props to the Offensive Line.  They played great last night.

On defense Sean Langele had 2 INTs.

Not sure, but I believe B. Daville put some crazy numbers like that up in the late '90s. It will be close.

Yep Daville was a stud.  I remember him having some 200+ games, but don't ever remember him having a 300+ game.  I'll try to do some digging on this.  I know he holds the school record for rushing yards in a season with over 2,000.

Here, Ill ask him real quick. Get back to you in a bit.

Congrats to OF on a big win. Congrats to Coach Smalley on his first playoff win. Now go take down LG. They have another "King like" kid in JK Dobbins. He plays RB, QB and WR. He is a special player, but LG will go as he goes. Stop him and you have a chance.

dobbins is the sophmore #22 i think , dont forget about #5 braylon Hutchison a sr he is a home run hitter he does it all .

Yep Daville was a stud.  I remember him having some 200+ games, but don't ever remember him having a 300+ game.  I'll try to do some digging on this.  I know he holds the school record for rushing yards in a season with over 2,000.

He told me he never had a 300yrd game. A few 200yrd but not that. He thinks its a record.