Bridge City @ LCM

Bearclaw

I'm just saying..... somebody was posting pictures of a poorly drawn dong painted on the field over in LCM.... they say the Bumblin' Bears are trying to create a rivalry with lil' ol' Bridge City since LCM dropped down in class ranking. At least I hope that's what they were doing.

I could care less who painted the field just watch the score board Friday night

I'm just saying..... somebody was posting pictures of a poorly drawn dong painted on the field over in LCM.... they say the Bumblin' Bears are trying to create a rivalry with lil' ol' Bridge City since LCM dropped down in class ranking.  At least I hope that's what they were doing.

wow!

I hope LCM can beat BC.... Maybe one day we'll move down so we can win some games, too.

The bears  :lol: <===8

Well we were in the same district for a long time. I am assuming your knowledge of Bridge City is very limited. Bridge City moved down from 4a to 3a in 1999. LCM and Bridge City has played in  30 district football games. LCM and Bridge City have played in 38 games total, and the first game was in 1956 where we beat Bridge City 9 to 0. LCM leads the series 21-17. 

This rivalry is an old one, dating back to when I was in school (ahem, which wasn't that long ago) and we were in the same district. Orangefield took that spot when BC moved down. Without OF to "rival", it had to be someone, so why not go back to LCM?

Right now, it's just some pretty entertaining smack talking on twitter, nothing particularly ugly. I think the BC fans know it's a longshot to win, but the school spirit has been pretty amazing to watch. I hope the kids back up their plans and show up Friday night ready to support the Cardinals, win or lose.

I've seen us lose some games, but watched those boys leave it ALL on the field. I'm a band mom, and not really concerned about the scoreboard. But I can tell you, even the band kids are pumped, ready to show LCM that a smaller school can still put on an amazing show.

This rivalry is an old one, dating back to when I was in school (ahem, which wasn't that long ago) and we were in the same district. Orangefield took that spot when BC moved down. Without OF to "rival", it had to be someone, so why not go back to LCM?

Right now, it's just some pretty entertaining smack talking on twitter, nothing particularly ugly. I think the BC fans know it's a longshot to win, but the school spirit has been pretty amazing to watch. I hope the kids back up their plans and show up Friday night ready to support the Cardinals, win or lose.

I've seen us lose some games, but watched those boys leave it ALL on the field. I'm a band mom, and not really concerned about the scoreboard. But I can tell you, even the band kids are pumped, ready to show LCM that a smaller school can still put on an amazing show.

Finally someone from BC knows what there talking about lol good post. BC always has played LCM tough and I wouldn't  expect anything less from them. Orangefield and BC have played 14 district games and have played a total of 23 times. Cardinalbacker have you learned anything yet>?