PNG uniform

No Faircloth said it was to honor the 1953 state championship team

1953??? That was almost two-thirds of a century ago, probably long before many of us on this message board were born! Why don't we honor the 1975 state championship team? I think a lot more people would have fond memories of our most recent state champions. 

My question is who will be next. Who will copycat. Will Nederland get new uniforms? I personally like the idea of different uniforms. Its another motivator. Especially a uniform that is worn on special occassion like rivalry games or playoff games. You know that this week other coaches are getting bombarded with kids begging for new uniforms. Kids dig this sort of stuff because thats what they see on tv with teams like Oregon who some kids watch and pull for just because of how cool their uniforms are. I grew up and played in Nederland but i can tell you that I and the other kids i went to school with and I were always envious of the school spirit and city participation. Hell when the PNG band would play cherokee I think we would get just as fired up as the Indians. I think its awesome for the kids and wish them a successful and injury free season.

My question is who will be next. Who will copycat. Will Nederland get new uniforms? I personally like the idea of different uniforms. Its another motivator. Especially a uniform that is worn on special occassion like rivalry games or playoff games. You know that this week other coaches are getting bombarded with kids begging for new uniforms. Kids dig this sort of stuff because thats what they see on tv with teams like Oregon who some kids watch and pull for just because of how cool their uniforms are. I grew up and played in Nederland but i can tell you that I and the other kids i went to school with and I were always envious of the school spirit and city participation. Hell when the PNG band would play cherokee I think we would get just as fired up as the Indians. I think its awesome for the kids and wish them a successful and injury free season.

Thank you XDOG for the kind words

From 95-97 we wore purple, grey and black in baseball. Basketball team also had silver uniforms. Even during the 80's PN-G wore zig-zags on the sleve. Part of the zig-zag was grey. The color has been part of PN-G uniforms a long time.

Thanks for the validation, that's some intense history right there on the zig zag sleeves