Biggest Rivalries

Chester86

No sir it was varsity...I'll never forget a certain player from Warren (name withheld) who always played with Riley in LL growing up, hit a grounder to Riley at SS and instead of running it out he headed directly to the dugout...from the batters box. I was lucky enough to to be a part of some very good teams in at Woodville. Warren had a good sqaud in 05 but 06 was a bit of a drop

Wait a second. We have been the one doing the beat downs here lately. We never bought into the "Co-champions" either. My son is a freshman this year so maybe it will be renewed sometime during his high school career. District and baseball wise at least.

Oh y'all have gotten the best of us in every sport in the past two years. But that stops at least in football this year. But during my highschool baseball career from 2008-09 to 2011-12, I didn't lose to Warren in a single sport aside from that one specific baseball game (which was a 9-9 tie when the game was called). Our closest football game was like 51-13 my sophomore year lol I think. But yes, I can't wait for next Friday. It will be the most intense football game of the year for both teams!!

I graduated in 1991.  We played Woodville my freshman and sophmore year in football only.  That was back when you had Reggie running the ball and Willie Cunnigan was the QB.  Very good team then for sure.   We dropped down to 2-A the next two years and never met in anything.  But like you are saying, we played with and against each other from the beginning.  When you are taught to beat each other from a small age then it is only intensified come high school.  It is bred in you I guess.  Need to get a trophy made for the football game.  Help with the rivalry.  Keep it for a year. The Tyler County Trophy.

No sir it was varsity...I'll never forget a certain player from Warren (name withheld) who always played with Riley in LL growing up, hit a grounder to Riley at SS and instead of running it out he headed directly to the dugout...from the batters box. I was lucky enough to to be a part of some very good teams in at Woodville. Warren had a good sqaud in 05 but 06 was a bit of a drop

Just picking about the JV.  You must have been on the state team as well.

Just picking about the JV. You must have been on the state team as well.

Yes I was...once again that's why I say I was lucky...that team was truly special where everyone enjoyed the game and the camaraderie...now back to the topic at hand...not sure what we were more excited about when we bumped down to 2-A to start the 04 year...getting to play Warren or not having to play Jasper!

Lol yeah same here! Literally in 2012 haha but on a serious note, that rivalry produced some of my fondest memories in football and baseball. I'd out it up against any rivalry in SETX.

Hey I watched that game. If I remeber correcly the Woodville Hitter that charged the mound got the worst of the beat down. Warren Pitcher bloodied him up pretty good and they had to help him off the field. Only in a Warren Woodville Game. lol

Hey I watched that game. If I remeber correcly the Woodville Hitter that charged the mound got the worst of the beat down. Warren Pitcher bloodied him up pretty good and they had to help him off the field. Only in a Warren Woodville Game. lol

I'm not sure what game you watched lol no one lost any blood. And other teammates got on the field too fast for either to take a beat down lol but you're right. Only in Warren vs Woodville. And no. Our coach had to practically restrain him to get him off the field lol it was serious at the time. But I'm glad we can look back and laugh at it now.

• 1 month later...

LOL.... HJ should be a little better this year.... I'll call out Bridge City and Silsbee as rivals just because they are always good and we always want to beat them... I don't know what Silsbee will have this year, but BC is always good.... Looking for my oldest to have a big season on the mound... Workin hard every day.... I'm ready for Baseball!!!

Tony, I'm not sleepin on WOS.... I think BC and Silsbee are "personal" rivals LOL..... You guys should be good too. There are some Silsbee fans that need to be put in their place ya know? And BC is just always good on the baseball field... Contrary to popular belief, before Dubois got to HJ, we were looking to, how should I say this, change our residence..... Aaron wanted to move to WOS. His exact words were (because they are good at everything)... Plus he has played ball with and against the Anderson twins since he was 9 and with Grant LaPoint... He has known big Cam since they were in daycare together... The WOS/HJ baseball game is always a close one... Never any fan bad blood...  When Aaron was a sophomore, there was some fan down on the 3rd base line in Silsbee yelling at Aaron everytime he would break his hands... A grown man yelling "put a fork in him!!!"... "He's done!!!"... I understand there is always going to be trash talking... But I felt it was being aimed at Aaron because of what I post on here... Just rubbed me the wrong way... Plus, I love ya'lls field... It has a "Baseball Atmosphere" about it....

I hope HJ comes out better than 5th... Our pitching staff will be better than years past... I know my son is working his butt off right now since football is over along with a couple of others, ie. Grayson Padgett and Cody Cash... Will be good if Gray gets to throw this year... Then we have AJ Broussard and Grayson Padgett back at 100%... I believe we will be solid.... Better than 5th....

• 3 weeks later...